Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 12:25:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Thanks for your help guys, I think I'll be ok if I take the bottle in with me and a copy of the Rx. Im not sure if it will be urine or hair.
View Quote

I took a urine test on Monday for my new job, and they had me write down what medicines I take or have perscriptions for on the back of the form.  If you have a valid need for it, and a doctors perscription, they cannot do anything to you as it's not illicit drug use to take a medicine given to you by doctors/dentists orders.  I have the same script for Hydrocodone from when I got my teeth worked on and temporarily filled.  Every once in a while it will still flare up because the temp filling will wear down and I'll take one.  Now that I've got insurance again, I need to get the second half of the work done.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 12:30:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You dont what pain killin is.
Ever mave hydromorphone? Synthetic morphene.
I have this now for kidney stones. Couple of these and ya dont know where you are.
View Quote

Yep, [u]Dilaudid[/u] is about as good as it gets, but since it's far beyond that of Demerol ([i]a Level-IV narcotic[/i]), you'll need to be on your death bed before you will ever receive it!  I've only had it in IV's, as a post-op to my kidney surgery, but it is available tablet form.

------
Hydromorphone ([i]Dilaudid[/i]) is approximately 8 times more potent on a milligram basis than morphine. In addition, hydromorphone is better absorbed orally than is morphine; the former is approximately 20 to 25% as active orally as i.m.
View Quote

Yep.  My step-grandfather was on it until he died from cancer 6 years ago.  And even with that stuff he was still in a lot of pain.  He had prostate cancer that spread to his bones and organs.  He waisted away to nothing, and while I didn't like the man one bit, it was horrible to watch it happen to him.

Link Posted: 8/29/2002 12:42:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I took a urine test on Monday for my new job, and they had me write down what medicines I take or have perscriptions for on the back of the form. If you have a valid need for it, and a doctors perscription, they cannot do anything to you as it's not illicit drug use to take a medicine given to you by doctors/dentists orders.
View Quote

They can deny you the job, and they don't have to explain why.
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 12:59:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I took a urine test on Monday for my new job, and they had me write down what medicines I take or have perscriptions for on the back of the form. If you have a valid need for it, and a doctors perscription, they cannot do anything to you as it's not illicit drug use to take a medicine given to you by doctors/dentists orders.
View Quote

They can deny you the job, and they don't have to explain why.
View Quote

That depends on which state you live in.  Furthermore, while they can deny you the job, that would not necessarily clear them of civil liability.  YMMV.

Link Posted: 8/29/2002 1:10:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Your all a bunc of druggies! [}:D]
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 12:42:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Dilaudid works good for hemorrhoid pain, too.....

Scott

Link Posted: 9/14/2002 3:57:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Can'tthey also test you forprescriptiondrugsthat might reveal medical conditions? They may not want to hire you if they discover a pre-existing condition.
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 11:05:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Can'tthey also test you forprescriptiondrugsthat might reveal medical conditions? They may not want to hire you if they discover a pre-existing condition.
View Quote

Im not sure that a urine test is that precise to pick up on that. I showed them my Rx so they would know who gave it to me and probably could figure out why. Either way I have the green to stay with my job.
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 11:13:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Try taking vicaden, tylenol 800 and valium together.  I have a herniated disc in my back that was causing some pretty serious muscle spasms.  Took the edge off.
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 11:16:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Mmmmmmmm Codeine.
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 11:29:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have this now for kidney stones. Couple of these and ya dont know where you are.
View Quote

It also appears to deadens the portion of the brain stem that controls one's ability to spell...[:D]
View Quote

What is it, then, that causes one to believe that the brain stem plays a role in language?
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 11:36:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I went home I got 750mg vicodins with one refill. I was eating these thing 3 or 4 at a time just to dull the pain.
View Quote

damn man, how many is safe to take at once?
View Quote

Remember that 750 mg refers to the amount of acetaminophen in Vicodin ES, not the amount of hydrocodone (7.5 mg).  Still, APAP can be pretty dangerous stuff to the ol' liver. . .
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 7:35:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

It also appears to deadens the portion of the brain stem that controls one's ability to spell...[:D]
View Quote

What is it, then, that causes one to believe that the brain stem plays a role in language?
View Quote

Kinda hard to speak without one...
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 7:10:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

Kinda hard to speak without one...
View Quote

Cute.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top