BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 7:12:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
In NYC the M1 is an assault weapon

Sick shit but, That is unless you have a licensed gunsmith dremel off the bayonet lug then submit a letter stating the work was done to NYPD & use only 5 round CLIPS!

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 7:23:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Crazy old bat wants to ban everything made after world war one.

Then in a few years weeks they'll come for everything else.

I fixed that for you.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 7:25:36 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I have a ruger 10/22 that is both semi auto and has a 10 round mag is that on the list of assault weapons

Yes. It can accept a magazine over ten rounds and is therefore an assault weapon. You have to be finger printed, photographed, pay $200 and register it as an NFA item with the BATFE. You must contact the BATFE in writing and wait for approval to transport it over state lines. It is also non transferable, so it must be turned into the government upon your death. This is what Sen. Feinstein's bill states.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 9:41:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Many gunners aren't all that concerned about gun bans unless it is "their" gun. When Calif was defining AWB2, a lever action tubular-fed magazine was defined as an "assault weapon." The authors of the bill later exempted it, and the cowboy action shooters went away happy leaving their EBR counterparts to the wolves.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 9:42:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 2:57:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If the Democraps ever got their way, we would only be lef with single shot 22's and single shot shotguns's

In Japan (which many of the anti's keep using as an example of a civilized country with no guns), only a single shot 410 shotgun is allowed.  From what I have read, part of the application process for the permit to have that shotgun, is the police visiting all your neighbors and informing them of your application, then asking if they have any objections.

The other day, one of my neighbors (who happens to be on meds, and has been trying to get soc sec disability for being too crazy to hold a job) told me that I should be thrown in jail for shooting a .22 rifle in my backyard, since the noise scared her little dogs.  I was even using subsonics, to keep the noise down.  The liberals think that that crazy, unemployed lady (who openly supported Obama) should be able to dictate what I do, simply on the basis of what offends her.  That is what we are dealing with.  There is no common ground for a "reasonable compromise".  They want it all, and they view compromise as just meaning they will have to try again, next year.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 3:00:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Bayonet lug!!! onoz!
Link Posted: 12/31/2012 7:51:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm seriously fed up with all this crap. Why are they going to waste resources and man power on something like this??? Oh yeah, it's because Obama got re-elected and doesn't care what happens. Lets not deal with my important issues in our country, like our failing economy and fiscal cliff.
You haven't been paying attention to USA politics. Gun control is so important to the Dems that it is a plank in their party platform.This is not surprising to me that the Dems and their  mainstream news media allies is pushing for more gun control laws.
Link Posted: 12/31/2012 7:54:18 AM EDT
[#9]
With the M1 Garand being on the list, she is starting to fuck with the Fudds at that point, and that's not going to help her one bit.  Fudds may be Fudds, but they get pissed off too.
Link Posted: 12/31/2012 7:56:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
With the M1 Garand being on the list, she is starting to fuck with the Fudds at that point, and that's not going to help her one bit.  Fudds may be Fudds, but they get pissed off too.
The momentum for more gun control is quite great, even with the help of the fudds, it probably may not help. We will have to sit tight see what happens next.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top