Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/25/2002 10:43:04 PM EDT
I went to the very small gun show at the Skagit County Fairgrounds (usually held at the now gone Elks lodge in Burlington or the VFW in Mt. Vernon). First thing that hit me was the smell of fresh Kettle Corn. Mmmmm. Looked around the show, saw only three complete AR15's. There were a few parts around. Mag prices were insane! 20 round Clots for $39.00 marked "DEAL!", Post-ban 30 rounders for $35.00 "cause they are new" and used junk mags for $25.00. I did buy two new Thermolds for $20.00 each. I saw a guy who was going to buy 2 of those post-ban AR15 mags, I did my AR15 brotherly thing and explained to him what he was buying. He thanked me for the info and then asked the seller about it. The seller told him (and me) that since they didn't have "for LEO and Military use only" on them they were legal. I told him that all it took was a date stamped on the mag itself. I didn't get into a pissing contest with the guy, he pulled the mags off of his table though. Saw some SKS's for $400 (real Russian, the good ones), a couple of MAK-90's for $350. I was supprised to find out that my Yugo Mauser was worth so much. I saw one IN THE SAME BOX THAT MINE CAME IN with BIG FIVE SPORTING GOODS written on it, it was selling for $500.00. I almost went and got my Yugo from home to sell to this guy. I saw a couple of the inexpensive 22 LR single shot revolvers that sell for $150 around here going for $225 "it has two barrels that you can put bullets in." Oh really now, two different barrels. There was an M1 Garand that had the Navy 308 conversion done to it, it supposedly had a Kreiger barrel on it. It was going for $800. If I would of had $255 I would of had a clean Colt Detective Special in 38 special along with a holster. How was your weekend?
Link Posted: 8/25/2002 10:48:42 PM EDT
Gun show was this weekend. I'm flush right now and in the market for either a Vepr, shotgun, or Enfield but I didn't even bother. Same old shit at inflated prices. $5 for the privilege.
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 10:27:48 AM EDT
This is why you should come down to Puyallup. Supply and demand ya'll! More supply of everything creates less demand for a $35 mag! MMMMMMMMM, KettleKorn...
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 10:59:51 AM EDT
I've never seen kettlecorn at Puyallup though! We have to settle for MOUNTAINS of ammo, evil black rifles up the ying, and a plithera of bullsh!ters from all over the NW! I can't wait for the next one.....Yipppeeee[50] OK, I'll sit back down now[peep]
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 12:31:46 PM EDT
Geeze, the WA Collector Shows prices are no better. I have seen the same post-ban M16 mags, the same crappy inflated prices for SKS's. Even the ammo prices can be beat by Ammoman and Sportsman's Guide. Now if you want to talk about either a town that loves its gun shows then Oklahoma City is the place. If you want to talk about the biggest then the Wannamachers in Tulsa (liberal POS town) is the place.
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 12:50:26 PM EDT
They were even selling 'real roses dipped in gold'at our weekend show (people were buying them)and I only buy beef jerky from girls so I was outa luck...I must have missed the scented candles too.
Top Top