Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2012 5:04:05 PM EDT
I'm irritated with Noveske right now.  I ordered 2 16" recon barrels on 12/13.  I received the barrels on the 12/20.  Yeah for me EXCEPT one of the barrels is missing the gas tube roll pin AND the gas block pin.

I called Noveske on the 20th.  Due to some asshole shooting up a school, we are no longer answering our phones.  Great, I go to web site and use the contact us form, used message header Problem with Order Received Today, explain what is wrong in the body and said you don't have to call me, just send the parts in an envelope and reply to me via email they are on the way.  Web page says it may take a few days to respond.  Ok, got it.  That was a week ago, no response.  If you are not going to answer your phone, you should respond at a minimum to people who already got their stuff and have a problem.  

I need to talk to a live human on the phone so I can get this resolved.  There is message on the phone that says if you know your party's extension dial it now.  Does anyone know an extension where I could either speak to someone or leave a voice mail?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 2:29:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I bet when I dispute the $935 charge on my credit card it gets somebody's attention.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 12:34:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Megan called me today to talk about a few products. They are beyond busy at this point. I understand your frustration but they will get back to you, they're good people and their CS is top notch. Send them another email, your initial email might have gotten lost in the shuffle.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 12:41:19 PM EDT
[#3]
What is Megan's extension.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 1:02:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Press #2 from the main menu
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 3:12:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Did I hear this right? Megan Kelly works for Noveske?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 3:31:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 3:59:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I bet when I dispute the $935 charge on my credit card it gets somebody's attention.

Yeah, that's really the appropriate way to handle this

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 4:06:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they don't respond, yes it is. It's called failure to provide products paid for. If the order isn't complete, they've failed to deliver and therefore haven't held up their end of the agreement. Busy or not, they have an obligation to take care of the issue.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 4:16:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they don't respond, yes it is. It's called failure to provide products paid for. If the order isn't complete, they've failed to deliver and therefore haven't held up their end of the agreement. Busy or not, they have an obligation to take care of the issue.

Yes!  Dispute and send them back.  I'll drive down and get one.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 4:57:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This Megan could be even more attractive....

Is this possible?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:54:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look, I just want a response.  Really, I just want the gas block pin, I have spare gas tube pins.  THEY ARE CHOOSING not to answer their phones.  I have an order that is not complete.  It's been a week when their web site says we will respond but it may take a few days. I have emailed 3 times.  I have been patient.  Disputing the charge will force them to call me.  I don't want to do it, but when I can't talk to a human or even leave a voice mail, what other recourse do I have?  I'm all ears.  Waiting until April until things are back to normal is not an option.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:57:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Try the facebook page
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:58:59 PM EDT
[#13]
You are doing this over some pins... Open your spare parts drawer and replace them.
I get your point but given the environment you might be in for a long wait.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:59:40 PM EDT
[#14]
everyone at Noveske are stand up folks.  it doesn't hurt that the ladies are gorgeous, either
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:01:29 PM EDT
[#15]

Megan is in there somewhere!
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:01:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look, I just want a response.  Really, I just want the gas block pin, I have spare gas tube pins.  THEY ARE CHOOSING not to answer their phones.  I have an order that is not complete.  It's been a week when their web site says we will respond but it may take a few days. I have emailed 3 times.  I have been patient.  Disputing the charge will force them to call me.  I don't want to do it, but when I can't talk to a human or even leave a voice mail, what other recourse do I have?  I'm all ears.  Waiting until April until things are back to normal is not an option.

I would give 5 business days from first email and voice mail before I dispute the charges.  This is a weird work week as most places are closed or very short handed from the 26th-28th, so I'd probably give it till the end of next week, so the 4th.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:02:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Try the facebook page

This
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:03:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You are doing this over some pins... Open your spare parts drawer and replace them.

No he is doing this over poor customer service. He was there before he panic and deserves their attention regardless if it was w pin or an entire rifle.

Eta: just for clarity I am not saying I would have handled it the same. However I understand the frustration.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:05:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:07:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This Megan could be even more attractive....

This statement is correct
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 11:39:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Dude, it's only been two weeks since you placed the order.  Between the shooting, the gun rush, and the 11 day holiday period, you need to cut them some slack.  Seriously, be reasonable.  Regardless of the vendor, I'd probably give a business at least 30-45 days before even thinking about contesting a charge.  For Noveske, I'd give them at least 30 days before bothering them, and I'd never even consider contesting a charge with them.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 11:52:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

As someone who works for a credit card company, from the information you provided, if you disputed this charge, you would lose the dispute with 99.9999999% certainty.

But I agree with you. No excuse for them not being on top of things.  I don't care how busy you are, it doesn't take that long to answer emails.  And if you're so busy you can't answer emails, then you can damn well afford to hire someone for $12 bucks an hour to answer emails.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 12:32:28 AM EDT
[#23]
You better treat her nice (removed Megans contact info)

ETA for the leg humpers she's the brunette in camo.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 12:57:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Remove her personal info and send it in a PM. She'll be swamped with leg humpers otherwise.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 10:44:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You open up your spare parts drawer and send me the correct size length and diameter pin for a Noveske gas block.  I don't have any.  If this were just a gas tube roll pin no worries, I have several.

And personally, I don't give a flying fuck about anybody else's panic.  I ordered these barrels before the mass murder for 2 builds.  My son wants to shoot his rifle.

I can help them handle their email overload.  Any email asking is this in stock, or when will this ship, or anything else of the sort, hit the delete button and don't look back.  The email with the subject line of "Problem with order received today" deserves a 30 second read to see what is going on.

I don't care about winning a credit card dispute.  What I want is somebody's attention.  

I know Noveske is good, the people are good there stuff is the best.  But I don't get the no communication policy.  My issue could be solved in under a minute.  How long does it take to drop two pins in an envelope, address it and stick a stamp on it?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 10:53:34 AM EDT
[#26]
You paid 900 dollars for two barrels?

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 10:58:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Put a self addressed stamped envelope and a note in a mailer and send it to them. Might work.

If you have a window envelope and an invoice you could use that. They'll think it is incoming payment.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 11:02:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Wow. No need to get so worked up. In case you haven't noticed the gun industry is so swamped they can barely look up. You are probably in a que list waiting to get answered.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 11:36:43 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Dude, it's only been two weeks since you placed the order. Between the shooting, the gun rush, and the 11 day holiday period, you need to cut them some slack. Seriously, be reasonable. Regardless of the vendor, I'd probably give a business at least 30-45 days before even thinking about contesting a charge. For Noveske, I'd give them at least 30 days before bothering them, and I'd never even consider contesting a charge with them.

Ditto!!!

It is the holidays and it is a busy time. Just stay kool and they will take care of you!!!!
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 11:38:22 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As someone who works for a credit card company, from the information you provided, if you disputed this charge, you would lose the dispute with 99.9999999% certainty.

But I agree with you. No excuse for them not being on top of things. I don't care how busy you are, it doesn't take that long to answer emails. And if you're so busy you can't answer emails, then you can damn well afford to hire someone for $12 bucks an hour to answer emails.

It takes a long time to train someone to answer gun/car questions. Otherwise, they are putting you on hold and asking someone else!!!

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 11:48:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
You paid 900 dollars for two barrels?

$455 each
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 12:03:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You open up your spare parts drawer and send me the correct size length and diameter pin for a Noveske gas block.  I don't have any.  If this were just a gas tube roll pin no worries, I have several.

And personally, I don't give a flying fuck about anybody else's panic.  I ordered these barrels before the mass murder for 2 builds.  My son wants to shoot his rifle.

I can help them handle their email overload.  Any email asking is this in stock, or when will this ship, or anything else of the sort, hit the delete button and don't look back.  The email with the subject line of "Problem with order received today" deserves a 30 second read to see what is going on.

I don't care about winning a credit card dispute.  What I want is somebody's attention.  

I know Noveske is good, the people are good there stuff is the best.  But I don't get the no communication policy.  My issue could be solved in under a minute.  How long does it take to drop two pins in an envelope, address it and stick a stamp on it?

The entire AR industry is in melt down.  Believe it or not, they don't have a minute.  You're in line.  Along with 17 million other people.  It doesn't matter in the slightest that you ordered it before Newtown.  You're in it with all the other panic stricken fools whether you like it or not.
Link Posted: 12/31/2012 12:05:00 PM EDT
[#33]
I just wanted to say that today I was contacted by 2 Noveske people.  One from the shooting team who offered me one of his spare gas block pins.  Thank you for that Rob.  A couple hours later I got an email from Shirley telling me she would mail the missing parts today.

These are the 4th and 5th Noveske barrels I have purchased in the last couple years and while they are expensive, you definitely get what you pay for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top