Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2002 4:37:02 AM EDT
I downloaded it off Kazaa; Homer of course acts like an idiot, Marge wants it out of the house and Lisa spouts off anti-gun "facts". Lenny is aan AR owner though.
Link Posted: 8/24/2002 4:50:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, one of my favorites, love how he turned on the TV!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2002 4:53:22 AM EDT
[#2]
OK, let me pre-empt the inevitable "Matt Groening is pro-gun! NRA4EVER is on the grocery scanner!"

That's irony.  Matt Groening's a liberal guy, so they joked that the unreadable scanner in the intro has a hidden right-wing message.

If you think they were serious, the joke went over your head.
Link Posted: 8/24/2002 4:57:18 AM EDT
[#3]
"Some guy tried to rob me yesterday, so I shot him in the spine.  I guess the next place he tries to rob should have a ramp."
Link Posted: 8/24/2002 4:58:47 AM EDT
[#4]
[b]Bloodbath & Beyond[/b]

That makes me laugh every time I see it.[:D]
Link Posted: 8/24/2002 4:59:32 AM EDT
[#5]
How do you download off Kazaa?
Link Posted: 8/24/2002 5:05:01 AM EDT
[#6]
My favorite line:

Gun Dealer: "Hold on, there's a five day waiting period."

Homer: "Five days? But I'm angry now!"

Also, Lenny at the NRA meeting:

"Today's modern assault weapons have been getting alot of bad press lately- but we need them to combat today's modern super animals, like the flying squirrel, and the electric eel."

Link Posted: 8/24/2002 5:45:54 AM EDT
[#7]
does kazaa from www.kazaa.com still contain spyware? is there a way to strip it out?

Link Posted: 8/25/2002 5:50:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
does kazaa from www.kazaa.com still contain spyware? is there a way to strip it out?

View Quote

You can get kazaa lite. [url]http://www.kazaalite.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 8/25/2002 5:52:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Never seen it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2002 6:40:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Or you can download Kazaa, Lavasoft's Ad-Aware, and the dummy Cydoor files for Kazaa off the net.

Then, you (in order) :

Install Kazaa
Install, then RUN Ad-Aware (remove EVERY FILE that Ad-Aware find from your system.)
Unzip the dummy Cydoor (Spyware in Kazaa) files into the Kazaa folder.

Run Kazaa, and download til your hearts content SANS spyware.

Oh yeah, that Simpson episode is funny--gotta love those liberals.
Link Posted: 8/25/2002 7:26:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Or you can download Kazaa, Lavasoft's Ad-Aware, and the dummy Cydoor files for Kazaa off the net.

Then, you (in order) :

Install Kazaa
Install, then RUN Ad-Aware (remove EVERY FILE that Ad-Aware find from your system.)
Unzip the dummy Cydoor (Spyware in Kazaa) files into the Kazaa folder.

Run Kazaa, and download til your hearts content SANS spyware.

Oh yeah, that Simpson episode is funny--gotta love those liberals.
View Quote

where do you get this part: Cydoor  dummy files

seems that cnet doesn't host it anymore
Link Posted: 8/25/2002 7:28:35 PM EDT
[#12]
yah but kazaa lite also doesnt do popups or have the adds
Link Posted: 8/25/2002 7:34:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/25/2002 7:57:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Another good episode is when Flanders goes nuts and starts shooting at people from a tower.  Looks like a Daewoo.  The only person to return fire is the postman with a MP5!
Link Posted: 8/25/2002 8:03:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Homer:"id kill you if i had my gun"
Owner: "yeah but you dont"
Link Posted: 8/25/2002 8:04:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
where do you get this part: Cydoor  dummy files
seems that cnet doesn't host it anymore
View Quote

For the process--[url]http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Quarters/5077/new/cleankazaa.html[/url]

For the dummy files (also included in the process page) [url]http://www.cexx.org/cd_clint.zip[/url]

Cyrax777--neither does Kazaa if you follow this method--then you have a no pop-up, no-ad, no-spyware slice of file sharing heaven.
Link Posted: 8/25/2002 8:07:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
OK, let me pre-empt the inevitable "Matt Groening is pro-gun! NRA4EVER is on the grocery scanner!"

That's irony.  Matt Groening's a liberal guy, so they joked that the unreadable scanner in the intro has a hidden right-wing message.

If you think they were serious, the joke went over your head.
View Quote

While true that Matt Groening is a pinko pig, the cash register DID say "NRA4EVER" a total of ONE time.  It was on a Simpson's anniversary show (hosted by Troy McClure).  

All of the other times, it reads "847.63".

-Gloftoe
View Quote

I know, but whenever this topic comes up, there's always someone who didn't get that anniversary episode gag, and truly believes the scanner reads NRA4EVER on the original intro.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 9:21:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Here a a litte piece of that episode. . .

[url]http://home.earthlink.net/~ttubbiola/homer_at_the_gun_shop.mp3[/url]

I LOVE that one!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top