Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2001 6:12:18 AM EDT
I figure it's about time to get into a .50BMG.  The State Arms [b]Shorty[/b], laminated stock, is about all the gun budget can bear.

[img]www.statearms.com/images/Shorty.jpg[/img]

Anybody here have a State Arms rifle?  How do they shoot?  Someone mentioned before that they do LH actions, but there is no indication of that on the website or how much they charge for it.  Klaus's email link doesn't work for me.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 6:32:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By David M:
I figure it's about time to get into a .50BMG.  The State Arms [b]Shorty[/b], laminated stock, is about all the gun budget can bear.

Anybody here have a State Arms rifle?  How do they shoot?  Someone mentioned before that they do LH actions, but there is no indication of that on the website or how much they charge for it.  Klaus's email link doesn't work for me.  
View Quote

I have one of the Knob Creek 2000 .50 BMG guns(The bottom one in the above picture, a real pussycat!) . I would buy >>ANYTHING<< Klaus makes!, The guy is GREAT! I was going to Get into the .50BMG "Thing" 15 years ago, and Klaus was the >ONLY< guy I had talked to that Was aware of all of the special needs that come up in making an action to use the .50BMG . Now days You can buy a bunch of guns that will shoot, but Klaus has been doing good work for years. I would also suggest You visit:  http://www.biggerhammer.net/barrett/wwwboard/

As it is, IMHO, the best place to ask/ find out anything you need to know about the "Big Boys".

As for getting ahold of State Arms/Klaus, My input is to call. He or his wife (Both heavy on the German accent, and great people!) will call you back, it's still a real "Mom & Poppa" shop, but the guy does wonderful work, You wont be sorry! [;)]

All The Best!,

Tall Shadow

(edited to remove picture, and add what rifle I have, because I'm a Bonehead in the morning!)
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 2:40:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Great shooter, and another is SERBU!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top