Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 11:00:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Went to a Nissan dealership with a buddy and we started to BS with a salesman about this car.

After talking about all of the tech specs, or should I say once again correcting a stupid sales man, he tells me that %50 are already sold and they want 7-10K markup on MSRP.

I laughed all the way out the door, and told them to "SUCK IT".

Good Luck selling all of these marked up that high.

This is just like the baseball strike people, don't buy this friggen car if they're going to be like this and mark the F out of it.

O yes Nissan, THANK YOU for letting me spend 50K on your gay looking car. O THANK YOU.
I'll gladly pay an extra 10K, just to be a part of this.

GIVE ME A FRIGGEN BREAK!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 11:00:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 4:17:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am sitting here wiping the drool off my chin. I have not seen a car that gorgeous since I sold my last '91 MR2 Turbo.  If only it had a mid-engine, I'd be at the dealership today.
toast
View Quote

It's funny that you call your self "toast" and you had a MR2,thats just what I would call you too[:D]
View Quote

Umm... I guess your misguided humor was lost on me.  Perhaps you either don't remember the second generation MR2's or else never knew them.  To be succint, imagine a 200HP turbocharged mid-engine 2 seater that weighed something like 2000 pounds, handled like a friggin go-kart, and had a beautiful interior.  So perhaps you want to clarify whatever snide comment you were trying to make.  Nice way to start a conversation, jackass.
toast
View Quote

more like 2800lbs but 250+HP is easy with some minor tweaking, bump the boost & increase the size of the intercooler & the down pipe, maybe a ball bearing turbo
It was like a baby Ferrari or Lotus.
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 4:25:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am sitting here wiping the drool off my chin. I have not seen a car that gorgeous since I sold my last '91 MR2 Turbo.  If only it had a mid-engine, I'd be at the dealership today.
toast
View Quote

It's funny that you call your self "toast" and you had a MR2,thats just what I would call you too[:D]
View Quote

Umm... I guess your misguided humor was lost on me.  Perhaps you either don't remember the second generation MR2's or else never knew them.  To be succint, imagine a 200HP turbocharged mid-engine 2 seater that weighed something like 2000 pounds, handled like a friggin go-kart, and had a beautiful interior.  So perhaps you want to clarify whatever snide comment you were trying to make.  Nice way to start a conversation, jackass.
toast
View Quote

more like 2800lbs but 250+HP is easy with some minor tweaking, bump the boost & increase the size of the intercooler & the down pipe, maybe a ball bearing turbo
It was like a baby Ferrari or Lotus.
View Quote

Ferrari or Lotus ha! I can kick there asses too.................next.
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 4:57:10 PM EDT
[#5]
No thanks, I'll stick with my plastic pig - like the color, though.

Picture of the new Z-car probably doesn't do justice to it - you have to see them live from all angles.

I didn't especially like the pictures of the Vette - when I saw one live it was a completely different story - one fat-assed sleek-looking mofo.

[img]www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid23/pfd40940216aeb20bb8bd62834451ff3e/fd9e104c.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 11:27:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

[url]www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid23/pfd40940216aeb20bb8bd62834451ff3e/fd9e104c.jpg[/url]
View Quote

I'd love to have a C5, the Z06 is awesome!
I keep thinking I might try & pick up a used Millenium Yellow coupe in a few years.

Isn't the C6 due in late '03  ??
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 11:47:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Went to a Nissan dealership with a buddy and we started to BS with a salesman about this car.

After talking about all of the tech specs, or should I say once again correcting a stupid sales man, he tells me that %50 are already sold and they want 7-10K markup on MSRP.

I laughed all the way out the door, and told them to "SUCK IT".

Good Luck selling all of these marked up that high.

This is just like the baseball strike people, don't buy this friggen car if they're going to be like this and mark the F out of it.

O yes Nissan, THANK YOU for letting me spend 50K on your gay looking car. O THANK YOU.
I'll gladly pay an extra 10K, just to be a part of this.

GIVE ME A FRIGGEN BREAK!!
View Quote

Most people who pre-ordered (almost 8000 of them) are paying MSRP. The dealer will of course try to JACK everyone they can who didn;t pre-order. This is not a new thing is the new car business. Honda dealers did the same thing with the S2000 when it first came out. Hell, dumshits were even paying $50K for a $20 Miata when they were first introduced. This is entirely normal, especially when they first 25% of expected production is already sold. This is not a Nissan phenomenon. I would think you would've already known that.

The first picture of the car has probably turned off some of you. It doesn;t really look like this. In that picture it looks compressed. The side view is much better.

I work in engineering and have put many many miles on them, and they ROCK, especially for the price. You guys don't know what you're talking about until you see one in person and drive one yourself. Until then, maybe hold off on your high-powered opinions.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 8:48:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got a '95 300Z tha I bought new and I just love it to death... Blown H2O pump is the only problem I've ever had.
I don't find the new 350Z to be attractive at all... I like the new spec's and it drives great, but not the car, inside or out.
The 300Z just has a style that is timeless.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 9:23:18 PM EDT
[#9]
pthfdr: do you work at a Nissan dealer???
Ive been looking for one of those nissan service manuals but I havent been able to find one My friend bought one for his 300Z its very through I know there like $80
Im looking for one for a 1995 Nissan Hardbody Pickup 4x4
thanx
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 9:32:30 PM EDT
[#10]
[b]2003 Mazda RX-8[/b]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40%2Frx8%2D1%2Ejpg[/img]
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40%2Frx8%2D2%2Ejpg[/img]
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40%2Frx8%2D3%2Ejpg[/img]

Not exactly what I call a morphed Miata.

USPC40

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 1:33:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
HOLY Zoom Zooom Batman!! I wasn't aware about the RX8. The body has a lot left to be desired, looking like a morphed Miata, but I think it will grow on me. Love the suicide door in the back though.

[url]www.mazdausa.com/futuremodels/default.asp[/url]
View Quote

I want to get a job soon so I can get one of these

[img]http://www.mazdausa.com/images/futuremodels/coming_soon_car.jpg[/img]

to go along with this

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid30/pd14d0890625beba69b9f8b1a86471b25/fd560bf7.jpg[/img]

which I will keep.

Speaking of Miatas, I wish the hell they would make the Rotary an option in the Miata.  Talk about ZOOM ZOOM.
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 1:37:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Picture of the new Z-car probably doesn't do justice to it - you have to see them live from all angles.

I didn't especially like the pictures of the Vette - when I saw one live it was a completely different story - one fat-assed sleek-looking mofo.

[url]www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid23/pfd40940216aeb20bb8bd62834451ff3e/fd9e104c.jpg[/url]
View Quote

Manual or wimpomatic?
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 2:33:39 PM EDT
[#13]
ah, the new Z. Very nice...I love the interior, but it's too darn rounded for me. I swear, in 30 years it's gonna be like we're living the Demolition Man, car-wise.

Me, I'll wait till we get one of these on our shores....though it probably won't happen till at least 2006. [>(]

[img]mywebpages.comcast.net/fzado4/R35.jpg[/img]

Maybe I'll console myself with one of the Lancer EVO VIIIs till then...
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 8:44:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ferrari or Lotus ha! I can kick there asses too.................next.
View Quote
With what????
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top