Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2002 3:52:12 PM EDT
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/737770/posts[/url]
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 3:55:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Mugabe says the evictions are justified to correct the "skewed remains of colonialism" that left about 4,500 whites owning one third of the nation´s farms while the remainder were owned by 7 million blacks. The often-violent seizures have contributed to more than two years of political chaos, pushing the country to the brink of economic ruin and food shortages that threaten half the population.

View Quote

They just want a place where they can get together without the white man's constant racism--so it's ok.

On a serious note, what do you think the chances are of mugabe being brought before the nifty ICC? bwa ha. the international hypocrite court.

Link Posted: 8/22/2002 3:57:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Consider, though, the on-going tragedy in Zimbabwe. For several years that nation´s president, Robert Mugabe, has been systematically cleansing the white race from its society. Mugabe issued orders that whites would no longer be allowed to own farms in the nation. Now his stormtroopers are arresting any whites who have defied his eviction notices on more than 5,000 farms. In fact, the soldiers are even arresting those white farmers who won court orders staying their evictions. The evictions
also threaten more than 230,000 black workers (and their families) who live on the farms.

Mugabe says the evictions are justified to correct the "skewed remains of colonialism" that left about 4,500 whites owning one third of the nation´s farms while the remainder were owned by 7 million blacks. The often-violent seizures have contributed to more than two years of political chaos, pushing the country to the brink of economic ruin and food shortages that threaten half the population.

The world condemned White Apartheid in South Africa. International boycotts were organized against South African gold, products and stocks. But Robert Mugabe is black and the world is silent. Where is the United Nations? Where is the indictment of Mugabe before the new International Criminal Court? Where are the peace keeping missions? Where is the outcry for economic sanctions. Where are the boycotts?

The farmers are white capitalists. The brand of "justice" the UN preaches apparently doesn´t apply to them. Talk to any UN official and you will find them hardly able to contain themselves from condemning the United States as an international outlaw state, but it is the United States that is taking the lead in trying to end the terrorism of Mugabe´s rule while the United Nations hears no evil, sees no evil, and says nothing.

Watch and learn, America. Zimbabwe justice is much closer to the UN´s own brand than that practiced in the United States.
The UN and its apologists will disagree, of course, but actions speak louder than words
View Quote

Yep.

Where's Bono? Where's all the rock "stars" who sang "Aint' gonna play Sun City"??

Link Posted: 8/22/2002 4:25:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I was watching Fox News while running at the Gym.  Our guy in Zimbabwe was on, and he claimed that Mugabe was grabbing land in "an inappropriate manner."  WTF? I say to myself.  Does this mean that there is an "appropriate" way to seize the property and livelihoods of the current OWNERS of the properties?  Sure enough, he says that there needs to be a "land distribution" in Zimbabwe, but that there are better ways to go about it?

Now I'm starting to get worried.  Doesn't this parallel all the "reparations" bullshit we're seeing now?  To be honest (TBH?), I can't wait for it to happen here.  Really.
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 7:40:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I do not understand why the "whites" in Zimbabwe do not use any and all methods of force to resist. I understand they are badly outnumbered, but either fight or leave.

The South Africans should be paying close attention to the UNs response. SA is a major strategic materials producer.
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 8:26:24 PM EDT
[#5]
The whites who are left are stupid. The writing has been on the wall for years. Every single country in africa, built by white colonialists, has gone down the tube following the same or similar pattern after the blacks retook control. They should have gotten out years ago. Its not right, whats happening, but its happening.
Wake up South Africa!!! Get out now while you still can.
No sympathy here.
The wife of the guy who wrote "Cry the Beloved Country" the first tell all book about apartheid,left after being robbed twice and raped.
That book pretty much got the west moving against apartheid.
Good thing?
BP
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 11:12:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Everythings fine.
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 12:54:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Everythings fine.
View Quote

...said the captain of the Titanic!
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 1:07:26 AM EDT
[#8]
I just hope those that take over the farms have some idea how to run them.  Otherwise our taxpayer money is going to support the millions of starving people of Zimbabwe.

The U.N. is worthless.

I wonder when someone's going to try and correct the skewed remains of colonialism here in the States.  Sure we got our own government awhile back... but look at all those damned English descendants that live here.  [:D]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 1:27:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Well the United Nations would not know what evil was if it came and bit them on the ass!

I think there whole way of thinking is backwards anyway, the United nations sees evil as good, and good as evil!

Yea our tax dollors will be going to the supposedly unfortunate poverish people of Zimbabwe. It will be part of the so called re-distribution of wealth that the democrats in our nation are pushing for.
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 2:09:07 AM EDT
[#10]
In accordance with current convention on this forum when dealing with conflicts with evil weapons manufacturers, I humbly submit that any criticism of the UN be witheld until its esteemed secretary general, the honorable Mr. Annan can find time in his busy schedule of protecting the world from American aggression to relate his side of the story.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top