Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/22/2002 2:57:26 PM EDT
[img]http://www.spectator.co.uk/cartoons/2002-08-24-6.gif[/img] ‘Let’s hope we sold them those guns that don’t work.’ Not really funny, but since it referenced the SA-80 it shows even the general public knows it's a POS
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 3:01:49 PM EDT
Frankly, the British should stay away from the firearms design business. They're just not any good at it. By the way, is it "L-85" or "SA-80?"
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 3:26:19 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 3:30:54 PM EDT
Hey hey hey the AW series adn even the cheaper AE series of precision bolt rifles from Accuracy Intl. are very very nice. Don't diss 'em. BTW: What is so funny/bad/interestifn about Lucas Electric? Never heard of 'em.... Are they (in)famous for the same reason as the Yugo? (Read: crappy stuff) Doggonit
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 5:22:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 5:39:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 5:11:10 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Doggonit: BTW: What is so funny/bad/interestifn about Lucas Electric?
View Quote
You know why the Brits drink warm beer? Lucas Electric does the wiring for their refrigerators. Lucas became infamous for the electrical systems on on older Jaguars, which were in turn infamous for problems with their electrical systems... DrMark
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 5:58:30 AM EDT
Originally Posted By The_Beer_Slayer: gotta give them their props for my enfield mk4 they got those right.
View Quote
Does it burn oil? the_reject
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 6:22:29 AM EDT
I was once told, by an ex-Jaguar mechanic, that the only reason the British do not build televisions is that they have not yet figured out a way to make them leak oil.
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 6:38:35 AM EDT
The best explination I ever heard for the "British" way of machines is; "British engineers strive to find solutions for problems that do not exist" A funny thing about Lucas (AKA "The Prince of Darkness") is that their aircraft stuff was damn good.. Why this never bled into their automotive divisions I can only attribute to cost savings measures. Meplat-
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 6:44:03 AM EDT
Originally Posted By FatMan: I was once told, by an ex-Jaguar mechanic, that the only reason the British do not build televisions is that they have not yet figured out a way to make them leak oil.
View Quote
LOL...
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 6:51:45 AM EDT
Originally Posted By DrMark:
Originally Posted By Doggonit: BTW: What is so funny/bad/interestifn about Lucas Electric?
View Quote
You know why the Brits drink warm beer? Lucas Electric does the wiring for their refrigerators. Lucas became infamous for the electrical systems on on older Jaguars, which were in turn infamous for problems with their electrical systems... DrMark
View Quote
And Jags were the good ones. MG's, Triumphs and Healy's were worse.
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 9:02:55 AM EDT
Old British motorcycles used Lucas electrics. 6-volt, positive ground...WTF Yes, the prince of darkness, headlights fail while speeding down roads late at night. BP
Top Top