Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/21/2002 6:00:52 AM EDT
Look's like true color's are starting to show. This let's all just love everybody PC junk has never worked in history and it's not going to work now. Get a life and smell the coffee, we will always' have some that dislike [hate] others for whatever reason. Its a fact of life. [smoke]
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 6:04:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 6:06:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm with you, [b]BeauBeaux[/b], and that's a fact, Jack! [:D]

Folks don't like me for any reason, I tell 'em don't let that virtual glass door slap 'em on the ass on the way out!

If certain folks don't like me, I take that as a sign of approval that I must be doing something right!

Eric The(Happier'nHell)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 6:33:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Do you define your political stances through your own thoughts and ideals, or do you simply take the opposite position of your opponent?

I agree that liberal thought is a mess, but conservative thought is a close second.  Both believe in social engineering.  Just at different magnitudes and in different directions.  Honestly though, I'll gladly suffer through conservative though prior to liberal thought, any day!

My personal stance is that hate is not a good thing, but it happens, and sometimes is even necessary.  Look at the "Irish" thread for examples of the petty nature of political and religious strife.  It (hatred) can too easlily be turned into effective propaganda.  

Calling people like myself a liberal because we are fairly tolerant, is a huge mistake.  We are far from liberals, as the term is used in politics.  This toleration does not extend to our "enemies".  We just choose not label anyone differing from our mold as an "enemy".
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 6:38:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 6:41:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm comfortable with anyone who's nice enough to let me know he hates me for whatever reason to my face.  It's those people who hate you behind your back you have to watch out for.

Remember Ruby Ridge, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 6:41:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 6:56:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Guess we all need to be like everybody in California. "Can't we all just get along" great word's of wisdom from the great state of CA. The way I see thing's is, if it walk's like a duck and look's like a duck, it's a duck. [smoke]
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 6:58:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Being "PC" shows that one is to weak to stand up for what's right in the face of peer presure.

To hate someone because of their color "or to hate at all" is also a sign of weakness.

Bigotry is a trained response, to remain a bigot is shows an inabilty to learn.

Just my thoughts
Mike

"He who angers you controls you"
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 6:59:18 AM EDT
[#9]
[@:D]
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 7:14:46 AM EDT
[#10]

No. You're all wrong.

"Bigotry" is ONLY used by White, Christian, Heterosexual, Male, Conservative, Capitalists to oppress the rest of the world.

[b]NO[/b] minority can be a bigot!

You see it's MANDATORY for us to tolerate (i.e. silently accept) Homosexuals, Feminazis, Muslims, Latinos, American Indians, Marxists, Blacks and Little Greeen EcoFreaks pushing their "agendas" and celebrating their "identities" in society.

But if a White, Christian, Heterosexual, Male, Conservative Capitalist tries to advance his beliefs or celebrate his identity - he's shouted down as a hatefilled-racist-bigot-homophobic-oppressor and a danger to society.

Link Posted: 8/21/2002 7:22:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 7:37:22 AM EDT
[#12]
I swear extremists are ruining the free exchange of ideas in the US.

Conservatives and Liberals alike...

Isn't there at least some common ground on most issues?

I heard Hannity telling a guy he was "confused" when he stated a few fiscally conservative values along with a few socially liberal views...

Screw Off!! to anyone who tells me I am confused...

Use your brains and get informed.

Form an opinion, but keep your damn ears open to hear another idea.
[soapbox]
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 7:40:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

No. You're all wrong.

"Bigotry" is ONLY used by White, Christian, Heterosexual, Male, Conservative, Capitalists to oppress the rest of the world.

You see it's MANDATORY for us to tolerate (i.e. silently accept) Homosexuals, Feminazis, Muslims, Latinos, American Indians, Marxists, Blacks and Little Greeen EcoFreaks pushing their "agendas" and celebrating their "identities" in society.

But if a White, Christian, Heterosexual, Male, Conservative Capitalist tries to advance his beliefs or celebrate his identity - he's shouted down as a hatefilled-racist-bigot-homophobic-oppressor and a danger to society.

View Quote

Sadly, in many cases this is true, but equally as wrong. However, two wrongs don't make a right.
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 7:44:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Well, I for one have it on good authority that I am liked by all.

Link Posted: 8/21/2002 7:47:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 7:52:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I swear extremists are ruining the free exchange of ideas in the US.

Conservatives and Liberals alike...

Isn't there at least some common ground on most issues?

I heard Hannity telling a guy he was "confused" when he stated a few fiscally conservative values along with a few socially liberal views...

Screw Off!! to anyone who tells me I am confused...

Use your brains and get informed.

Form an opinion, but keep your damn ears open to hear another idea.
[soapbox]
View Quote

you're confused!  [:D]

the problem with your last statement is that humans, by nature, think their formed opinion is generally the right one.  frankly, there are certain topics in which i will not keep my ears open for another idea.  the list is short, for sure, but non-negotiable nonetheless.

remember what they say about an open mind and losing information?!?
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 7:54:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Really ?
I think your a self righteous ass![:D]
View Quote

Okay, check YOU off my X-mas card list [<|:d>]
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 7:59:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 8:04:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Really ?
I think your a self righteous ass![:D]
View Quote

Okay, check YOU off my X-mas card list [<|:d>]
View Quote

I put a smiley face on it !
Please send me a Christmas card.
I need to feel liked too ![url]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/frosty.gif[/url]
View Quote

Okay, you're back on.  But no more of your shinanagans.  [:D]
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 8:11:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 8:12:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. You're all wrong.

View Quote

Sadly, in many cases this is true, but equally as wrong. However, two wrongs don't make a right.
View Quote

So reacting against those who wish to destroy you is "wrong"??
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 8:25:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Guess we all need to be like everybody in California. "Can't we all just get along" great word's of wisdom from the great state of CA. The way I see thing's is, if it walk's like a duck and look's like a duck, it's a duck. [smoke]
View Quote

You're quoting an alcoholic, wife beating exconvict. Whom is not a native Californian.  

Would it be good, and proper, for me to cast aspersions, on everybody in Tennessee? No, it would not.

Bill

When you make generalizations, such as you have here, you do people such as me a great injustice.

Link Posted: 8/21/2002 8:30:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
"Bigotry" ? Hell, ONE wife oughta be enough for anybody!
View Quote

"I married me another, again."

"I married me another, again."

"I married me another, the devils step mother."

"And I wish I were single again."
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 8:31:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
So reacting against those who wish to destroy you is "wrong"??
View Quote

Reacting to a generalized group at large in response to a much smaller sub-segment of that group is wrong. Holding the entire group accountable for the asinine, rogue actions of what amounts to an incidental few is wrong.
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 8:36:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Racism is the natural order in the human universe. Racism is tribalism and all humans are tribal. I have never met anyone who is not a racist.

Bigotry is totally different. If you prejudge people based on their physical attributes such as height, weight, and color, you are a bigot.

Bigotry is a learned response. Children don't start their lives as bigots. They are either trained as bigots or certain experiences in their lives have conditioned them to think that way. You cannot deny these experiences.

I have met bigots from all walks of life. I have met bigots who are Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Mexican, Black, Greek, you name it.

When someone tells me not to be racist, I have to think they are either uninformed, disingenuous, or simply stupid. However, I was raised not to prejudge people, and in my daily life, dealing with people man to man, I am not bigoted.

If I see you need help pushing your stalled car out of the intersection, I'll pull over and help you. I don't care what color you are. Yet, at the same time, when I drive by the Mexican neighborhoods in San Jose and see beer cans in the gutter, am I wrong for asking myself, "What the hell is wrong with these Mexicans? Why do they throw beer cans in the street?" Or when I hear of senseless violence and death, the result of one teen "dissing" another, am I wrong to think, "Shit, can't the Black folks raise their kids properly? I never hear of White kids killing each other for 'dissing'?"
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 8:42:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Well, it looks like Paul is now an official Californian. So Paul, how does it feel to be the target of the California bashers? [:D]
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 8:54:07 AM EDT
[#27]
if it was only a sub-segment as bendover stated
causings problems, then ok i would agree with his last post. but it is not. open your eyes
look around. goddammit LOOK, what do you see,
do not let pc blindness take hold.
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 8:58:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
causings problems, then ok i would agree with his last post. but it is not. open your eyes
View Quote

[url]http://www.channelcincinnati.com/cin/news/stories/news-162252520020820-080827.html[/url]

Pay specific attention to the quote and the race of the speaker.

[i]"Tell the truth! Ain't every white wrong. I'm tired of this mess. You don't hurt your sister, your brother you don't hurt everybody because everybody hurt you," Catherine (pictured, right) said.[/i]

My eyes are open. Are yours?

Link Posted: 8/21/2002 9:06:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
[i]"Tell the truth! Ain't every white wrong. I'm tired of this mess. You don't hurt your sister, your brother you don't hurt everybody because everybody hurt you," Catherine (pictured, right) said.[/i]
View Quote

This is a perfect example of the disease that is affecting the Black community. To state "Ain't every white wrong." implies you have at one time considered that every White [b]could be wrong[/b]. The level of bigotry in the Black community is utterly amazing.
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 9:06:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

[url]http://www.channelcincinnati.com/cin/news/stories/news-162252520020820-080827.html[/url]

Pay specific attention to the quote and the race of the speaker.

My eyes are open. Are yours?

View Quote

I'm reading her statement "Ain't every white wrong" to mean "All white people are not bad". Is that how you're reading it?
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 9:11:55 AM EDT
[#31]
lets not try to boil this down to one specific
speaker or a small sub-segment of any race or
religion. hate would be too stong of a word so
i will use dislike. i dislike parasites, and
religious fanatics. this includes militant
christians too. like i stated above open your
eyes, what segment or segments are causing the
most problems in our country?
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 9:36:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

The poor ones.
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 9:46:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'm reading her statement "Ain't every white wrong" to mean "All white people are not bad". Is that how you're reading it?
View Quote

No, I interpret what she is saying to mean, not everything whites say about segments of the black community is wrong.
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 9:50:40 AM EDT
[#34]
emoto you are starting to see. now, lets ask
ourselves why are they poor?
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 9:54:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
like i stated above open your
View Quote

Extremist organizations and their leaders of all types who rely upon mass ignorance to secure personal gain and a position of power.

Nepotist politicians who are willing to sacrifice the population at large in lieu of securing financial support from extremist organizations and unscrupulous corporate boardrooms.
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 9:59:15 AM EDT
[#36]
ok bendover correct. thats 2 now continue.....
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 10:07:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
ok bendover correct. thats 2 now continue.....
View Quote

You need to be more specific regarding your definition of 'problem'. That is a broad stroke and covers a lot of ground. It's also rooted in perspective. What is a problem to you might not be a problem to me.
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 10:15:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Liberals just suck. Nothing more needs to be said.

[soapbox]
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 10:40:00 AM EDT
[#39]
bendover, the reason i am not asking more specific questions is because i want you to
think. i do want to try to guide you a little,
but in the end you need to mull these questions
over in your own mind. no big hurry, look, listen, open your mind, what are the major problems in this country. why are our 2nd
amendment rights going down the toilet? what
groups are killing each other in the steets daily with guns? could this be the reason our
2nd amendment rights are going down the toilet?
are drugs a major problem? how about welfare
or lets say the abuse of welfare, is this a problem. how about illegal aliens? i could go
on but, i need to run to home depot to buy some
paint & carpet. my wife is on a remodling kick.
i think she has been watching too many home
improvement shows lately. lol
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 10:53:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Personally, I'm having more problems with the jackals that run Enron and Arthur-Anderson, and the CEOs that take huge salaries as their company's take a dive in value.

And you want to focus on the poor shmucks, most who live under the poverty line?  BTW, that's an income of $18,100 for a family of four currently.
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 11:04:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Look's like true color's are starting to show. This let's all just love everybody PC junk has never worked in history and it's not going to work now. Get a life and smell the coffee, we will always' have some that dislike [hate] others for whatever reason. Its a fact of life. [smoke]
View Quote

I guess that means that the teachings of Jesus Christ are as worthless, whimsical and quixotic as Karl Marx's.  Geez, I hope not Beau.
BTW there is a HUGE difference twixt dislike and hate.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 11:09:52 AM EDT
[#42]
ok i am putting off my home depot trip at least
30 minutes. i will wait for my kids to get out
of school.
dscott excellant, i too dislike this ceo buisness. as far as poor schmucks go.... why
are they poor? i am not refering to those uable
to get out of poverty because of disability.
each and every one of us has the ability to
to do something productive with our lives, instead of pumping out babies and living off
hard working people.
stay in school, don't do drugs, get a job.
damn, i sound like mr. T
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 11:24:06 AM EDT
[#43]
The "poverty line" = $18,100 annual income, which is equal to $8.70/hour.

Lotta jobs out there that pay +/- the min. wage.

Still, there are lots of people busting their hump just to make it hand-to-mouth, day-to-day.  Not causing trouble, not being degenerate "gangstas", but just trying to get by.  

Even double or triple that income still barely allows for the nice things in life...

It's not about being poor, it's character that counts, I think.  Lots of rich bastards with black hearts causing this country a huge amount of trouble.  

Link Posted: 8/21/2002 11:33:19 AM EDT
[#44]
why would you settle for a job that only pays
8.70 an hour & then start a familly or keep
adding to an existing familly that you cannot
support without gov. help?
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 11:54:25 AM EDT
[#45]
I wouldn't, and many don't- but we're getting off the point:  lots more than just poor people causing problems, wouldn't you say?
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 12:06:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
emoto you are starting to see. now, lets ask
ourselves why are they poor?
View Quote

Am I starting to see? Jeez, I dunno. I went back and re-read the article about 5 times, and it is real hard to tell exactly what she means from context.

Why are poor people poor? That's the $64.00 question, isn't it? I think it's primarily because they have no freakin' idea that if they get out there and get educated, that they can do or be almost anything. Flame me, if you like, but that's what I think.
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 12:22:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 12:37:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

bendover, the reason i am not asking more specific questions is because i want you to
think.
View Quote

Thank you, but if it's not apparent to you by now that I am quite capable of such an activity then you probably haven't understood some of the big words I have used.

i do want to try to guide you a little,
View Quote

Guide me where? Into generalized bigotry? Good luck. You've got about as much a chance at that as you do guiding me unwittingly off of a cliff.

but in the end you need to mull these questions
over in your own mind.
View Quote

No the question I mull over in my mind is why do people think they are better than others for no other reason than having some outward difference?

no big hurry, look, listen, open your mind
View Quote

That's amusing.

what are the major problems in this country.
View Quote

ignorance with an ego

why are our 2nd
amendment rights going down the toilet?
View Quote

I already went over this with the nepotist politician statement.

what groups are killing each other in the steets daily with guns?
View Quote

criminals & those who moralize the taking of another's life in a selfish act of imposing their own will upon another

could this be the reason our
2nd amendment rights are going down the toilet?
View Quote

No our RKBA is going down the toilet because of the devisiveness within the gun community and its inability to show some solidarity, intelligence, diplomacy, and active motivation to change the status quo.

are drugs a major problem?
View Quote

a big one, but not the root. Drugs are a result of the deeper problem as people choose escapism in a desperate attempt to relieve themselves from the pain endured in their human condition.

how about welfare
or lets say the abuse of welfare, is this a problem.
View Quote

Sure it's on the list somewhere. What's the point?

how about illegal aliens? i could go
on
View Quote

And you have while failing to make a point.

jj you have painted some incredibly broad brush strokes here. I don't mean to belittle you, but I already see the point that you are feebly attempting to make. However, your logic requires me to generalize multiple points.

1. Not all blacks are poor.

2. Not all poor are black.

3. Not all poor are such as a direct result of anything within their control (I refer to many here who are laid off and literally one unemployment check away from living in a cardboard box next to some of these so-called dregs you generalize to be representative of all those living beneath the poverty level).

3. Not every poor person pumps out babies.

4. Not every poor person takes drugs.

You have an impeccable ability to draw inferences from unrelated items and fabricate logic from ad hominim arguments.

It doesn't mean that I don't like you. It just means that it takes extra effort on my part to debate you.

Link Posted: 8/21/2002 12:38:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I wouldn't, and many don't- but we're getting off the point:  lots more than just poor people causing problems, wouldn't you say?
View Quote

That one-half of one percent who are extremely rich are far less likely to vote for candidates who will sell your RKBA rights down the river than the maybe 5% who live at or near the poverty line. Dont'cha think?
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 12:43:14 PM EDT
[#50]
dscott you are right we were getting off the point. my response was directed at the response
emoto gave about the poor.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top