Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2002 2:27:12 PM EDT
I cant stand this guy, too bad someone didnt pack his parachute with dirty laundry.

[url=http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=638&e=20&u=/nm/20020820/en_nm/film_ogrady_dc_6]Click Here[/url]
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 2:37:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Fvck him. Greedy ass. He was shot down in my plane in my armed service carrying out orders in the best intrest of myself.

His story is public domain.

[url]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=638&e=20&u=/nm/20020820/en_nm/film_ogrady_dc_6
[/url]
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 3:31:26 PM EDT
[#2]
"Captain O'Grady was also troubled that the 'hero' in the Fox movie used foul language, was portrayed as a 'hot dog' type pilot, and disobeyed orders, unlike O'Grady," according to the lawsuit.

View Quote

yeah and turning off that ECM thing was not "not" following orders [whacko]
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 3:49:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I seen an interview after O'Grady came home and he himself admitted he was not a very good pilot and he had a real laid back attitude and was not really into planes, it was just a job!.  My question is how did he become an F-16 Fighter pilot?  I was always of the belief that all military pilot's whether they are flying C-130's or F-15's were very good pilots and if you were flying fighters then you were at the top of the heap.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 3:50:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been maintaining AF aircraft for 26 years..20 as a active duty crew chief and 6 years working for contractors and nothing a pilot does suprises me! I've seen pilots write up stuff like radio doesn't work in the OFF position,(there are several modes to the radios such as UHF VHF EMER and some pilots think it stands for official) and just all kinds of stupid stuff.They can understand a trajectory for a moon shot but when the stapler runs out they are just baffled.You know what they say,P.H.D. to design it bachelors to fly it and a high school diploma to maintain it.I also read the Enlisted man that rescued him was almost shot by him and quickly took his 9mm away from him. Smart man.

Dugster: Used to be if the pilot just barley got thru UPT (undergraduate pilot training) and they were just ok they got helicopters,a little better in the class they got trash haulers(cargo aircraft c-130 141 c-5's)and if they were really good they got F-16's and the best they got F-15's.Atleast that's how it used to be.Now, who knows.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 9:07:44 PM EDT
[#5]
i knew the guy who was the CH53 crew cheif who disarmed him. i mean we arent drinking buddies but i got to hear the story. i heard he thumped him on the radial nerve pretty good. by all accounts that guy was a shit-stick. before, during, and after his little camping trip
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 10:22:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Does this guy think he is a celebrity?  His 15 minutes of fame ended years ago.  What a pile of crap!  Greedy prick needs too be thrown in with the MLB players!
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 12:20:55 AM EDT
[#7]
F$%#k O'Grady.

Before I go any further, I do have to admit (and you may have gathered from old posts) that my bias is VERY anti fighter pilot - A bias developed living with the dumbasses in Kuwait three years ago that has been reinforced each time some jet jockey kills civilians or friendly troops out of sheer stupidity.

Still, all the POS did was turn off his ECMs (yeah, that is the term - stands for Electronic Counter Measures - we ADA folks had ECCMs - counter measures for their counter measures [:)]), get shot, land, and hide. He barely moved from his initial location - except to hide his chute. The ONLY similarity between his story and the one in the movie is the background scenario.

The real heroes are the guys that went in after his sorry ass to resue him. I had never heard the story of needing to disarm him. Figures.

Morgan-Keegan - you are right on the money. It has been way more than 15 minutes, he needs to get on with his life and get a job.
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 12:33:31 AM EDT
[#8]
I think his beef though, the only one that might get him some money (well, with the way things are now, he might get millions [:(]) But his major beef is that they showed the true story of him on Discovery to bump up interest in the movie. And he says that they did not get permission to use his name blah blah blah. Should they have? to cover their collective asses, yeah. Will he get money because of it, probably. Why does he want it? because he looked in a mirror and realized he can't get reparations, does not actually want to work for a living. And realizes that now that everyone knows his story as it happened truthfully, he can't even lie about it to impress the ladies

[devil]

He can go to hell, send him to Zimbabwe with the other whiny bitches
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top