Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2002 1:24:41 PM EDT
So who did they pay to get them.  Could CNN money be going to fund terrorists?  That would be just like them to pay terrorist to get tapes that do nothing but provide more terror for the US.  Way to go CNN.  I hope an investigation is started right away!   I'm not holding my breath.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 1:32:31 PM EDT
[#1]
If you watched CNN yesterday, you would have seen about them explaining that.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 1:50:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If you watched CNN yesterday, you would have seen about them explaining that.
View Quote

Why did you even post a reply? Not very helpful... perhaps you could paraphrase their explanation?
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 2:06:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I guess I don't watch CNN, so I wouldn't be able to see any half assed explainations they might have.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 2:31:53 PM EDT
[#4]
You have access to the internet don't you? Look it up at CNN.com and by the way CNN said they didn't pay a big price. "CNN Senior International Correspondent Nic Robertson obtained the tapes from a source in Afghanistan, following a 17-hour drive from Kabul through treacherous terrain to a remote part of the war-torn country. According to the source, the tapes had been found in an Afghan house where bin Laden had stayed."

Link Posted: 8/20/2002 5:22:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry, I don't frequent cnn.com either.  I will not provide them with any revenue what so ever.
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 6:18:08 AM EDT
[#6]
It seems I'm not the only one with questions about this tape payment:

[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,60922,00.html[/url]
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 6:32:36 AM EDT
[#7]
CNN anchor Aaron Brown said Tuesday night that the network paid about $30,000.
View Quote

That sounds to me like funding terrorists.  I hope the FBI breaks one off in their ass.
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 6:36:58 AM EDT
[#8]
$30,000?!?  That wouldn't pay for, say, flight school.  Or a couple hundred AK's.  Or [fill in blank with $30,000 worth of terrorist equipment].  I hope they're damn sure about where that money went.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top