Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2002 9:15:37 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 9:56:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I recently bought the G2 Nitrolon.  It is a bright SOB, no doubt about it.  I've found the end cap button can be a disadvantage when you are carrying it around in your pocket... it can easily be turned on accidentally.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 10:28:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a SureFire 6Z (they call it something else now) and I carry it in a combination spare mag/light carrier from [url]www.comp-tac.com[/url]:
[img]www.comp-tac.com/images/combo/DSCN0059_big.jpg[/img]

They also have a carrier just for the SureFire alone:
[img]www.comp-tac.com/images/light_holder/DSCN0060_big.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 10:41:25 AM EDT
[#3]
The Z2 is pretty awesome. looks just like the 6Z above(might be the replacement he mentioned). But if you screw the end out far enough the push button will not turn the light on. and of course screwing it all the way in keeps the light on continously. i was strongly recommend it. has about 1hour of battery life, don't know if they would be long enough for your situation.

Link Posted: 8/20/2002 11:02:35 AM EDT
[#4]
T_B_S I carry the Streamlight Scorpion on my duty rig. It is a very bright little bugger even when nearly burned out! Burn time is a little over an hour continous. Small, rubber armored, end push button, gas filled bulb. $36 bucks. Down side== 2 batteries are 12 bucks at Chicom-Mart.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 11:18:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 7:04:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Suggestion: You may want two flashlights.  While the Surefire lights are nice for messing with the vision of an evening attacker, in my opinion they are TOO bright for work use.

I have one and don't like to use it under the hood because the reflecting light ruins my vision.

For crawling around in dark places, why not see what you can find at places that cater to cavers or miners?
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 8:55:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I too have the 6z which uses 2 AL123($6 ea at Wally World, L.A.) cells and the 3 celled 9z. Good stuff. I like these lights because they have a strong beam without the dark spot in the middle. I carried the 6z in my pocket a few times, and it the lite came on and exhausting the batteries, so if you want to carry the 6Z/9Zs on a daily basis, I strongly recommend their holsters. I think the newer ones have a positive on/off switch. These flash lights are designed for the profession law-enforcement, so they are not cheap. They have a web site but I don't recall the address.
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 1:24:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top