Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2002 8:02:57 AM EDT
On Yahoo this morning they show a picture of a target at a gun store with a pic of osamadipshitladen and a story telling how the state of MA is considering reviewing the BAN on targets with human-like images.  First of all it is debateable whether this SOB is human but WTF is up with a stupid BAN like this anyway?  I don't think that people put much thought into subjects before they BAN them.  Too many G/D soccer moms out there.  BANning everything seems to be the only solution to any problem that comes up anymore (not that there was a problem in this case anyway).  WTF ever happened to "land of the free"?[50]
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 8:06:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 8:07:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I hear ya'...  We ordered a bunch of boxes of those things at our local range after the WTC attack.  We were giving them away and had a special wall that you could hang it on and sign it (kind of like BK, and Mickey D's do for the charities).  And we had some folks coming in and bitchin' about it.  How soon we forget.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 8:10:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Remember -

MAssachusetts is the state that gave us BOTH -

Barney the fudge packer Franks

AND

Ted "His-Car-Has-Killed-More-People-Than-My-Gun" Kennedy.

And they keep re-electing them.

Don't expect them to suddenly demonstrate sensibility now.

Link Posted: 8/20/2002 8:11:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I know at least one of the ranges in my area ban all human-shaped targets. Pathetic, but true.

I just read on Fax News that the Supreme Court will be reviewing MA's (typical, ain't it?) ban. They also mention that the ban only applies to "Ranges where high-capacity weapons can be used", or words to that effect.

Sigh. Our country's finished. Pretty soon we'll be asked to put Osama on the Presidential ballot so as not to offend Muslim-Americans (a contradiction if I ever heard one), and the idiot in Palm Beach will vote for him thinking they're voting for Al Gore.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 8:31:33 AM EDT
[#5]
This needs to stop.

It is quite clear to me that the United States is trying to do-away with anything that allows common, law-abiding men to protect himself from the TYRANNY that is soon to come.

Someone (with more tact than I) needs to form a non-profit that deals only with the issues of a 'well-regulated' militia. Everything that is happening is meant to make the forming of legal militia impossible.

Fuck hunting, use a bow if you have to hunt. A firearms' only use is for protection against those that mean to do you harm.

I will donate $1,000 to a non-profit that can get the REAL message across.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 8:35:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Another solution in search of a problem. It would seem that the "US is to blame" groups have come out from under the rocks again, s/p 9/11. Time results in memory loss for some.

I've heard the NEA is currently advising teachers to avoid negative labelling of [u]any[/u] Muslim-related groups, irregardless of known terrorist involvement(s). Instead, the past wrongs of the US are to be examined & discussed. IOW's, the underlying politics is that "they" didn't do anything "wrong", or were "wrong" themselves. Once again, it's really our fault. Sound familiar?

I'm just waiting for the US flag to be removed from schools - so as not to [i]offend[/i] anyone.

Here's a ban for you:

[size=4]Ban soccer so kids don't get kicked in the nads![/size=4]
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 8:37:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Ever hear about the ban of black colored silloughettes?

Black people were objecting.

Not a lie
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 8:44:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 8:45:57 AM EDT
[#9]
time to ban black text so blacks dont get offended..

BAH! people go crazy over the most innane and useless bullshit!
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 8:52:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 8:58:37 AM EDT
[#11]
I wonder what the reaction would be if I was shooting at blue silhouettes?

This hasn't been a free country since before I was born.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 9:03:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This needs to stop.

It is quite clear to me that the United States is trying to do-away with anything that allows common, law-abiding men to protect himself from the TYRANNY that is soon to come.

Someone (with more tact than I) needs to form a non-profit that deals only with the issues of a 'well-regulated' militia. Everything that is happening is meant to make the forming of legal militia impossible.

Fuck hunting, use a bow if you have to hunt. A firearms' only use is for protection against those that mean to do you harm.

View Quote

I agree D-A, the only problem is there would be a freaking BAN put on those types of organizations before anything like that could get off of the ground.

This whole thing really bites.  The more I think about the stupid f-ing things that we can't do or are restricted etc the more pissed off I get[:(!]
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 9:07:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Well they can't ban printers, downloadable jpegs and Photoshop can they?  [:D]  Do what you please...

If I ever get into legal trouble, I hope it is at the behest of one of these stupid laws.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 9:26:36 AM EDT
[#14]
After 9/11, I found a picture of Bin Ladin's face on the internet, printed it and made about 500 copies at work.  Of course, I intended for it to be used as a target.  Since most of the people where I worked were gun owners, I gave a bunch away there. I took the rest to my local gun range where I gave away a lot more.  I set up a silhouette target at the pistol range and stapled the Bin Ladin head to it.  Just so happens a local news crew came to the range for a story and recorded my friend and me shooting at "Bin Ladin".  It was great.  When they showed the story that evening, it started with a closeup of my Bin Ladin target full of hole and more being put into it from our shots.  I got no complaints about the target.

USPC40

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 10:01:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Here you go! Thanks for the donation.
[url]www.goal.org/donation.shtml[/url]

The ban on simulated human targets only applies to clubs that have a "Club LTC-A". TO the best of my knowledge there aren't any clubs in MA that has this license, so the ban is mostly pointless untill private LTC's are banned and you must be a member of a club to have a gun.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 10:06:25 AM EDT
[#16]
yeah - and when they went to blue silhouettes, the SMURFS started complaining!!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 10:39:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 11:21:48 AM EDT
[#18]
DevilsAdvocate,

I agree 100%, except for the $1000.00 part. I need that to buy more ammo.

Link Posted: 8/20/2002 11:37:40 AM EDT
[#19]
It's amazing to me that we allow, by right, the burning of the American flag, but these a-holes are protesting us shooting a picture of bin laden?

In my sig pic, with the Thompson. I'm in the middle of riddling an OSAMA pic with 100 rds (4 mags)of .45 at full auto!

What fun....not much bin laden left on that paper
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 11:53:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I was at an outdoor range shooting at a silhouette target when a hunter-type nearby asked why I would want to practice shooting at people.

My response "Because I'm not worried about Bambi breaking into my home..." [:D]
View Quote

LMAO!  What did he say???
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 11:58:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Here you go! Thanks for the donation.
[url]www.goal.org/donation.shtml[/url]

The ban on simulated human targets only applies to clubs that have a "Club LTC-A". TO the best of my knowledge there aren't any clubs in MA that has this license, so the ban is mostly pointless untill private LTC's are banned and you must be a member of a club to have a gun.
View Quote

After a quick perusal of the site, I've decided it needs to be looked at a little more. At this point, I don't think they are a $1000 winner =(

Like I said, gun ownership, from the point of the Second Amendment, has absolutely nothing to do with hunting or ecological conservation. I will donate the money to any organization that can bring that point across.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 12:04:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I know at least one of the ranges in my area ban all human-shaped targets. Pathetic, but true.
(SNIP)

Sigh. Our country's finished. Pretty soon we'll be asked to put Osama on the Presidential ballot so as not to offend Muslim-Americans (a contradiction if I ever heard one), and the idiot in Palm Beach will vote for him thinking they're voting for Al Gore.
View Quote

Yup.... soon the govt will ban burgers since it is [b] unhealthy[/b] and causes Americans to be fat and have heart attacks.  Not my problem if someone eats it and sit all day and get fat.....
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 12:10:24 PM EDT
[#23]
I think the bottom line is that we're treading a fine line that will either lead to a reversal of this PC craze or it will lead to the destruction of this country because law enforcement agencies will be impotent against specific groups of crime doers because of their race or nationality.

I'm personally hoping for the reversal and hoping it comes very shortly.  I won't be PC and no one can make me.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 12:31:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Ever hear about the ban of black colored silloughettes?

Black people were objecting.

Not a lie
View Quote

Yep.  It's true.  I posted this last year.  The Texas concealed handgun qualification targets were changed to dark blue due to complaints that black silhouette targets were racist.

I did get dirty looks from a state trooper one time at the pistol range where I was shooting at a silhouette target featuring a UN soldier complete with a blue helmet marked "UN".

[(:|)]
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 1:05:12 PM EDT
[#25]

Yes. Police range here usd to use black sillouhetts. Had to change to blue ones after ourcry from certain communities that it was training officers to shoot black people.
View Quote

You Irish folks ought to be offended - this is obviously a slur against your Celtic ancestry and a thinly veiled reference to woad.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 1:07:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 1:08:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Remember -

MAssachusetts is the state that gave us BOTH -

Barney the fudge packer Franks

AND

Ted "His-Car-Has-Killed-More-People-Than-My-Gun" Kennedy.

And they keep re-electing them.

Don't expect them to suddenly demonstrate sensibility now.
View Quote

Garandman, Barney Franks is the Congressional Stool Adjuster. Please give him more respect.

Bill
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 1:28:51 PM EDT
[#28]
The bans are in use because that is the way the few have found, to control the many, some people don't like something, ban it, the heck if most people like it, plus the few have time to devote to their cause, and get a ban together on paper, and make it law. For example, dove hunting bans, ammo bans, and gun bans, gun owners need to stand together, and disagree among ourselves, but stand together on gun ownership and use issues.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 1:42:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I did get dirty looks from a state trooper one time at the pistol range where I was shooting at a silhouette target featuring a UN soldier complete with a blue helmet marked "UN".

[(:|)]
View Quote

Very nice![:D]

Link Posted: 8/20/2002 2:25:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 3:08:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yup.... soon the govt will ban burgers since it is [b] unhealthy[/b] and causes Americans to be fat and have heart attacks.  Not my problem if someone eats it and sit all day and get fat.....
View Quote

well, you won't produce much for the state to take if you have a heart attack will you?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top