Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 8:28:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I had a hard time finding PMAG's last night. I had to search for all of 15 seconds. It was terrible. Terrible!!!!!

I bought P-Mags from Brownells on Friday but I still haven't received a shipping notice. Oh noes!!!!!!!!!!1

Link Posted: 12/17/2012 8:28:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Sigh. I wanted to build another AR.

Me too.... I wanted a 300 blackout.. Oh well maybe it will be better in the middle of the year if nothing happens. It definatley sucks.
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 8:28:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only thing I'm short on is 9mm and I can not find wolf or brown bear 9mm anywhere.  

Just ordered 1000 rounds of 9mm 124gr FMJ boollets for $88.

I'm gonna be a reloading fool.

PD? I like Berry's 147 grainers a lot. I get them from Powder Valley.

Link Posted: 12/17/2012 8:29:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Thats about how I feel right now!!!!
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 8:30:59 AM EDT
[#5]
well, bottom line.... all this is good for the economy, while it lasts...
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 8:31:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a preban Bushmasterlower....I should post it for $2000....

you will get it in CT I would bet

Nah.

There's lowers available for $700-800 right now.

Link Posted: 12/17/2012 8:35:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
A friend and I raided his stepdads store last night at 8:30.  We dang near cleaned him out of PMags..... At 11.99 for 4th gen

Also bought a couple G17 mags at 27.00

He told us after we were done he was raising prices n the PMags.  

shock horror gun store owner cashing in on the panick, he must be so proud of himself!
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 8:35:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Look on the bright side.

All the guns the ATF smuggled across the border into Mexico will probably come back now.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 8:36:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Good thing I've been panic buying for 5+ years....
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 8:37:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 8:38:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Looked around at some of the major online retailers. Every stripped lower is "Sold Out."  At least the ones I want. Hopefully all the Industry guys are working overtime.

I went to a LGS this morning and there was a line at the door.

I went in to buy a .22 lr can. Fuck me...I should have put one on my CC three weeks ago when I first got the notion, but no I had to "save up" as a matter of principal. Of course they were sold out, no pre-pay, and no idea when what I wanted would come in. LOL....Talk about my bad timing. Guess I'll have to go another route.

The fucking UPS truck was blocking me in so I stayed till he left and watched the fun. I swear you have not seen so many wild-eyed "take my $$$" types in one knot in your life. The shop was sold out of all but the $1500-$2500.00 flavor of ARs....So they moved on to the AKs.

One guy wanted all the stripped lowers the shop had left and got pissed when he was told he could have one.

I'll bet the next gun show will be interesting. Almost worth the price of admission to watch the herp-derp.

Link Posted: 12/17/2012 8:45:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
The election did not cause near the panic buying than last weeks shooting (and the current media circus) is going to cause.

I think I am giving my kids ammo for Christmas this year.  Most of it is purchased, but still wanted another 500 rounds of 9mm to fill out the boxes.

Obama's little speech last night may have stirred up the hornets nest a little. Come January, if he's really ready to sacrifice freedom for the children, then I'm sure the panic will be full blown. Whether a new gun bill has a chance to pass or not won't matter one bit.

If the panic goes full bore, expect to see the firearms manufacturers re-tool and expand rapidly to supply demand. There will be little risk of a bubble break... they'll go out of business either way.

Might as well make your money now.
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 8:49:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 8:50:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'll bet the next gun show will be interesting. Almost worth the price of admission to watch the herp-derp.

no fucking way i'd fight those crowds for any amount of jerky and smoked cheese

Link Posted: 12/17/2012 8:51:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

shock horror gun store owner cashing in on the panick, he must be so proud of himself!

don't like the price, don't buy

simple.

Link Posted: 12/17/2012 8:51:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That's a bold claim, but you're not too far off.

The gun show I was at on Sunday, plenty of AR-15's, Pmags, ammo. Not many buyers.
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 8:52:20 AM EDT
[#17]
See the pic above and to the left
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 8:52:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Nothing is sold out around me. I went out last night. Walmart still had Colt and Bushy AR's, Sportsmans Warehouse had the usual black rifles, pmags, and lot's of ammo. None of the prices had gone up either. Hell, Fred Meyer had a stock of Glock and Ruger magazines. If there is a mad rush on buying, I'm not seeing it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 8:53:10 AM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 12/17/2012 8:53:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Hopefully I am wrong, but I think we have maybe 6 months, at the longest, before major bans are in place.  I suspect that importations will be hit first and very soon.  Its like the whole world has gone crazy.

My thoughts precisely, Guntoter.
I think the AR15 is toast at this point.
Friday's crime was the "perfect crime" that the banners have been waiting for.  Twenty kids dead, and an AR the weapon, in the hands of a maniac.  Emotions will carry the day on this, it's a lead pipe cinch.
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 8:53:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Assuming nothing happens, how long are we looking at before stock fills back up and prices settle? I was just about to start a billet build
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 8:53:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I bought 20 mags within hours of the shooting.  I never panic buy... I already had "all the shit I need."  I was wrong.

Same here.

Got in on the Brownells PMAG deal.

And some more for the CZ
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 9:00:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Here are some stripped lowers in stock toy --------------->go!
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 9:05:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I had a hard time finding PMAG's last night. I had to search for all of 15 seconds. It was terrible. Terrible!!!!!

I bought P-Mags from Brownells on Friday but I still haven't received a shipping notice. Oh noes!!!!!!!!!!1

same here, mine shipped this morning.
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 9:15:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
FUUUUUUUUUUCCKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wife was gonna order G19 mags for Christmas.
Now even the Korean Junk mags are sold out everywhere.

Gonna need a BCG for a couple projects...but noooooooo.

good luck on that one, those were tough before the election even

I found some last night to my surprise. not just some but a LOT!! lol...that site will go to the grave with me!! :D
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 9:17:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Hopefully I am wrong, but I think we have maybe 6 months, at the longest, before major bans are in place.

ABSOLUTELY AGREE. 1000%

All these arfcommers who post the "sky is falling" gifs in jest are only fooling themselves.

Quoted:

I'd say give it a couple weeks for teh frenzy to build up even more with teh rumor mills.

You think gun ban rumor mills are going to happen in the next couple weeks?   I say LAWS WILL BE SIGNED before the end of the year!

Friday was the perfect storm the anti's have been waiting for.  A horrenous act that will push all but the most hard-core pro-gun folks over the fence.  The bills have been written for years, sitting in the top drawer of Diane Feinstin's desk.  They were ONLY waiting for THIS to happen.

It HAS happened.  IT IS REAL.  IT IS COMING... SOON.

We had a decent run while it lasted but MAKE NO MISTAKE.  It's over.
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 9:24:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hopefully I am wrong, but I think we have maybe 6 months, at the longest, before major bans are in place.

ABSOLUTELY AGREE. 1000%

All these arfcommers who post the "sky is falling" gifs in jest are only fooling themselves.

Quoted:

I'd say give it a couple weeks for teh frenzy to build up even more with teh rumor mills.

You think gun ban rumor mills are going to happen in the next couple weeks?   I say LAWS WILL BE SIGNED before the end of the year!

Friday was the perfect storm the anti's have been waiting for.  A horrenous act that will push all but the most hard-core pro-gun folks over the fence.  The bills have been written for years, sitting in the top drawer of Diane Feinstin's desk.  They were ONLY waiting for THIS to happen.

I think, and pray I'm right, that the most we will see is no new production, registration, and perhaps no transfer. There are way too many in circulation for any hope of an outright ban or for it to survive court challenge if it did pass.

Expect to see import restrictions the likes of which you've never seen. As in perhaps no parts kits, no foreign mags, no surplus or cheap steel ammo.
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 9:28:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Hopefully I am wrong, but I think we have maybe 6 months, at the longest, before major bans are in place.  I suspect that importations will be hit first and very soon.  Its like the whole world has gone crazy.

Because it's full of bleeding heart libtard fucksticks......................This new generation of feel goods can go suck on a big fat STICK!!!
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 9:28:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 9:31:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right now.. easily.
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 9:32:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah.

There's lowers available for $700-800 right now.

Yeah, but Bushy's have always gone for a premium, you know that. I could sell my EA lowers for 7+ and get it, they used to be bottom of the barrel due to the ignorance of "cast lowers". A good forged bushy lower will go through the roof.
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 9:36:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ABSOLUTELY AGREE. 1000%

Quoted:

I think, and pray I'm right, that the most we will see is no new production, registration, and perhaps no transfer. There are way too many in circulation for any hope of an outright ban or for it to survive court challenge if it did pass.

Expect to see import restrictions the likes of which you've never seen. As in perhaps no parts kits, no foreign mags, no surplus or cheap steel ammo.

HR,

Are you predicting registration?

Registration is as good as an outright ban, because once they have them all registered, the next step will simply be for them to wait until ANOTHER massacre happens, (which, rest assured will eventually happen) at which point they call them all in.

My gut is that there will be no "assault weapons" ban but rather a Semi-Auto ban.  They now know (based on misguided attempts from our own camp of pointing out the sillyness of using cosmetic features to define an AW) their own foolishness.

My personal prediction is a ban on all autoloading firearms (long and shot) that utilize detchable magazines.

ETA:  I think the panic buyers are VERY WELL JUSTIFIED in their actions.  Thankfully, (but unfortunately) I have seen this coming for years and rightfully planned ahead.
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 9:36:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Spike's tactical reporting backorder for 9 to 12 months.  hope they are working 3 shifts...haha

At the Orlando gun show two weeks ago they had cases of stripped lowers available. CASES.

$125.00 per lower.
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 9:37:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Late last week, one of my distributors had over 54000 Black 30rd PMAGS in-stock. Today they are all gone.
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 9:38:23 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

LRB Arms seems to always have a steady supply of AR lowers in stock...

But they aren't answering their phone this morning and their voicemail is full.

Any other ideas on who might have a half dozen stripped lowers available?
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 9:39:42 AM EDT
[#36]

DT
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 9:40:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

What are you offering?

Link Posted: 12/17/2012 9:40:51 AM EDT
[#38]

I've been working on getting windowed PMAGs in FDE for my MK18 and Block II clone builds. 7 for each rifle and 30 in a Fat 50 can doesn't seem like a crazy amount to me.

I had to look through about 25 different sites that were out of stock or had raised their prices significantly to find some decent priced ones.

I had to order from 3 different places to get them. None of the major retailers had them. A year ago ordering them from one place would have been no problem at all.
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 9:44:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Just got back from one of my LGS - it looked like they had been robbed. They normally have ~50+ long guns and ~80+ handguns. They had less than a dozen long guns, zero AR15 mags, and perhaps 30 - 40 handguns with very little in the semi-auto / >8 round capacity category. They described this weekend as being crazier than black friday and elections combined.
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 9:45:46 AM EDT
[#40]
Panic buying plus Christmas = low inventory.  

No ban is gonna happen, and you'll see a shit ton of lowers at low prices soon enough.

When the first AWB happened, there was no internet and the number of ARs in private hands was tiny compared to now.  There are MILLIONS of AR-15s in civilian hands.  Outlawing them now is simply impractical legislation.  The AR is one of the most, if not THE most popular sport rifle in America.  A ban and confiscation would be the largest of its kind anywhere in the world.  There aren't the resources to do it, they know most wouldn't comply with it, and they'd be criminalizing literally millions of people overnight.    It would be an outright disaster.

It simply is NOT going to pass Congress...there aren't anywhere near the votes.  House or Senate.  And when the thing is actually in committees and testimony is happening, if it ever gets that far, the reality is that the legislation is doomed to failure.

And nobody is going to want this to come to a vote before the mid term elections anyways.  If anything, you have 2 years before this becomes a real issue.

If anything, we as gun owners have done our jobs by buying these in record numbers, making it the genie you can't out back in the bottle.
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 9:48:57 AM EDT
[#41]
I think some sites are crashed out from all the traffic
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 9:49:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ABSOLUTELY AGREE. 1000%

Quoted:

HR,

Are you predicting registration?

Registration is as good as an outright ban, because once they have them all registered, the next step will simply be for them to wait until ANOTHER massacre happens, (which, rest assured will eventually happen) at which point they call them all in.

My gut is that there will be no "assault weapons" ban but rather a Semi-Auto ban.  They now know (based on misguided attempts from our own camp of pointing out the sillyness of using cosmetic features to define an AW) their own foolishness.

My personal prediction is a ban on all autoloading firearms (long and shot) that utilize detchable magazines.

ETA:  I think the panic buyers are VERY WELL JUSTIFIED in their actions.  Thankfully, (but unfortunately) I have seen this coming for years and rightfully planned ahead.

Predicting? No... More like speculating. None of us knows. If they allow people to keep black rifles, and prohibit any new manufacture or transfer, registration has to be part of the scheme or it doesn't work. You could prohibit new manufacture without issue, except for people finishing 80 percent receivers or milling their own with a CAD machine, because the industry is regulated. If you want to freeze ownership, you have to know who has what. And I agree, registration would lead to confiscation eventually. I've long said I think they will try incrmentalism as it will meet less resistance. One option they might try short of an NFA system is to require a "assault weapon" ID card like some states have firearms ID cards. That way they could at least have a handle on who might own one legally, and perhaps a more in depth background check. That however would be expensive and unwieldy to maintain.

I honestly think of all the options, banning new weapons and mags, and requiring they be registered is the most likely approach they will take.

Again, who knows. The important thing is we start fighting now, and adjust our approach as we know the specifics.

Heck, if this was my board I would require every person to show membership in a 2nd amendment group to post here... NRA, GOA, SAF, state affiliates... We can not afford to have any freeloaders. If you can't afford $2 a month to protect your rights...
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 10:01:33 AM EDT
[#43]

Man I love that gif. That is is how i feel everyday.  Tasmanian devil would cringe at the crap I would tear up if I gave in to the dark side.
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 10:15:06 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What are you offering?

No more than $5 more than they were as of last Thursday.  Not panicing yet, just realized that it is time to build some more.
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 10:16:39 AM EDT
[#45]
No need to worry.  Mexico promises to sell back ASSAULT RIFLES they purchased from eircholder.com for a small profit.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 10:17:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

ABSOLUTELY AGREE. 1000%

Quoted:

Keep Calm: Congress and the Senate are all on break. No new legislation will  happen until next year, if at all.  Americans will quickly forget this.

Link Posted: 12/17/2012 10:20:40 AM EDT
[#47]
LaRue posted this on their FB feed.

LaRue Tactical
Due to high call volume please try to place your orders online unless you have questions. If you get busy signals please call back a little later. Right now its about about a 30 minute wait. We're trying out best to get to everyone thanks for the patience.
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 10:24:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Late last week, one of my distributors had over 54000 Black 30rd PMAGS in-stock. Today they are all gone.

i entertained myself this weekend by refreshing the magpul pages on rsrs website

there's still around 5000 colored 20 rounders left though so you've got that going for you

Link Posted: 12/17/2012 10:27:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 10:38:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

ABSOLUTELY AGREE. 1000%

Quoted:

So in 6 months I'll be sure to tell you I told you so.
But I'm sure you'll just say "It's coming in another 6 months. Buy Buy Buy"

Squirrels. If anything panic buyers should get more tinfoil.
A lot of good all this tactical gear will be if it's all made illegal like Australia. IF any ban was enacted you can bet your ass it'd make possession the crime.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top