Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/20/2002 4:19:53 AM EDT
I'm thinking something hard-hitting with a lot of penetration would be needed. A firearm that is loud would also be a plus, because as we all know, Sasquatch's are afraid of loud noises. Now remember, there aren't going to massed wave attacks like you'd find with zombies because the Sasquatch only breeds once or twice in a century and then only produces one offspring that takes years to reach maturity. Rapid fire is important because more than one shot will most likely be needed, but not as important as shot placement (read: accuracy). Forget the favorite zombie standby, the sub-machine gun, it just isn't powerful enough. Something along the lines of an M1A, FAL, or even a Garand is the ideal type of weapon. The Garand is probably the best because AP is readily available and relatively cheap in .30-06 (penetration anybody?).

Ammo selection is crucial. The great upside is that expensive hollow points aren't needed, unlike with zombies, and are even to be avoided for use against Sasquatchs. This is one of those situations where lots of cheap FMJ is needed. A major plus for the stockpilers, because the ammo is cheaper than dirt. Again, because you are using maximum penetration rounds, shot placement is absolutely essential to putting that Sasquatch down. You need reasonably accurate ammunition, 2-3 MOA will about do it because you aren't likely to be engaging Sasquatchs at distances farther than 50-100 yards. AP isn't really needed (they aren't elephants after all, wait, they might ride elephants? somehing to be considered, because those elephants have been straining for a chance to deal mankind a serious blow for years because of that circus crap), but is a lot of a really good thing (penetration) and is therefore some good stuff to have. Now calibers: nothing less than .308, nothing more than you can shoot with rapidity and accuracy.

They will most likely come in small raiding parties against small groups of humans. Ambushes will be common and completely indefensible against because they will be on you before you know they are even there. Travelling in large groups in vehicles would be the best bet, but always be aware of possible abatis in heavily forested areas. While "on the homestead" all first-story windows and doors should be bricked up, access and egress can be made via ladder from second-story windows. Houses built of anything less than multi-layer brick, stone, or concrete will be completely useless for defensive postitions. Heavy sandbagging around windows as well as heavy wire mesh (think chain link fencing) over them should be used because the Sasquatch is known to hurl things (including small boulders and logs!!).

CQB is a possible eventuality, so be prepared. Long-handled axes, chainsaws, and machetes are minimum weaponry (they are bigger than you, and lots stronger). Remember to keep moving, don't stand your ground or you will get crushed. Wear your opponent down by employing quick run-and-slash attacks.

Any other suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 4:20:33 AM EDT
[#1]
we should use bioweapons on them
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 4:33:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Geee, I wonder if the smell of human feces will deter the normal sasquatch....because I'm sure to crap my pants first.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 4:35:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 1:31:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I would lean towards a fast handling 45/70 lever gun like a marling guide gun with a full lenght magizine would probaly have to be a custom job, Oh well if you think you may need it better to have and not need than need and not have. In the mean time a 12ga with 1oz slugs/00 buckshot will suffice for those raiding parties. For the defense of the homestead definatily an AR or M1A both of these for well placed shots with FMJ rounds for penitration. For a side arm Nothing less than a .454 revolver.

And do not forget your need for a pack of dogs way back when they would use dogs to chase bears and other large animals till their handlers could get close enough safley to dispatch them. So this should work on the sasquatch, I think small light dogs withthe ability to jump and grab on to the big foot since they are so tall.

The home stead should be retrofitted with a gun tower in the center of your roof with a .50 BMG M2 or 45/70 gatling gun in the tower for good suppersion fire. In case they try to get close enough to burn you out of your house.

Link Posted: 8/23/2002 1:37:03 AM EDT
[#5]
A friend of my father claims to have seen that thing while deer hunting in Angie, Mississippi 25 years ago. But of course over there, it's referred to as the Honey Island swamp monster.
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 1:42:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Female sasquach decoy - your "bigfoot stand" is located nearby.

I agree with the choice of a Garand...or a flamethrower.  Dogs would also be an excellent equalizer, keeping him/them busy while you and your family and friends get ready to shoot.

Being a sometimes sasquach conspriacy buff, I only seem to remember two stories of sasquach aggression.

The most well known is the story of the loggers/miners from the turn of the 19/20th century.  Allegedly they were besiged in their cabin by "giant rock throwing apes" during the night.  The old "In Search Of.." did a reenactment of this on thier bigfoot episode.

The other story I believe came from Canada, where two hunters encountered a bigfoot who abducted one of them. This man was never seen again.  The other hunter, shell shocked, stumbled back into town to tell the story.

Redmanfms - the scenario you present almost sounds like a post SHTF event where the lack of humans and technology brings the sasquach population out of hiding.  Interesting.

Have you read "Patriots" by J.W. Rawles?  I always thought it would have been fun for Doug Carlton to have encountered a bigfoot on his journeys.  He had an Springfield M1A if memory serves correctly...

Link Posted: 8/23/2002 1:45:09 AM EDT
[#7]
A South African NTW-20.

[img]http://club.guns.ru/images/ntw/ntw1-sm.jpg[/img]

Chambered for the proprietary 20x83.5mm MG151 High Explosive Incindiary cartridge, the NTW-20 is suitable for Sasquatch, Yeti, Whale and Peterbilt.

Not for sale in California.
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 1:48:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I run into this problem quite often because of my hunting activities and my living in the Pacific Northwest. Right now I carry a G1 FAL on a Imbel receiver with 5 20 rd magazines, and a Remington 870 with a 20" barrel a magazine extension (it now holds 7 shells) and 25 slugs. The last time they attacked I almost ran out of ammo, so I plan to add a Raging Bull in 454 Casull sometime soon. Unfortunately they drag off their dead and wounded, so I have no evdence to back any of this up...

Kyle
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 2:02:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
A South African NTW-20.

[url]http://club.guns.ru/images/ntw/ntw1-sm.jpg[/url]

Chambered for the proprietary 20x83.5mm MG151 High Explosive Incindiary cartridge, the NTW-20 is suitable for Sasquatch, Yeti, Whale and Peterbilt.

Not for sale in California.
View Quote

Oh my goodness gracious.

I think I just soiled myself.  That is one of the most evil weapons I've ever seen.

Which means I just soiled the packs of money I carry concealed in the legs of my trousers "just in case".

I suppose that it's time for a little money laundering (ba dum ching!).  Not that I know anything about money laundering.
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 2:14:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Let me guess, the next SHTF scenario is going to be:

giant robot androids are invading the earth...

Be prepared must be your motto...
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 2:29:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Phase plasma rifle in oh...the 40watt range.

Or...

[img]http://www.lemson.com/lemson/pictures/mec2000dallas/party4.JPG[/img]

The "Annihilator 2000" from "Beverly Hills Cop III".  You can see an AR15 somewhere back there.

- AR15 chambered in .223
- Microwave oven
- Cell Phone
- Grenade launcher
- CD player
- etc...
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 2:32:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 4:07:49 AM EDT
[#13]
In defense of "Catch and Release"...

Since it has been scientificly proven that sasquatch is a member of the primate family, I regularly carry bannanas whenever I find myself in the old growth forest of the Pacific Northwest.

In the even that I would be stalked by just such a creature.  I would quickly eat the bannana and then place the slippery peel between myself and the great beast.

After the sasquatch slips and falls on the peel I plan to quickly photograph him/her from various angles to aid zoologists in the study of this great creature.  Then, if time allowed, I would take some careful measurements.

This, I feel, is the only civilized way of interacting with a much misunderstood fellow resident of this great planet.

As for zombies?  I guess I'd have to shoot them.
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 10:56:24 AM EDT
[#14]
I think catch and release could be more harmful than benifical by doing that you may entagionize them even more so they would become orgainized and form large legions to attack the humans who are tripping them with banna peels Our only hope is to face them in small numbers and defeat them that way. since in large numbers you and yours could be overwhelmed even with the best fire power availible to ar15.com members. [peep]stuffing them is the way to go if you want to study them.
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 12:48:34 PM EDT
[#15]
[img]http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/8d50d218/bc/My+Photos/SWilliam.jpg?bc7Rij9AsxyWvFBw[/img]

Serena William: Man, Myth, or Sasquatch?
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 1:03:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Your average, run-of-the-mill sasquatch is a huge target.  He can't fit into small spaces.  I say hit him with your FAL from a ways out, and if he gets in close, use FLAME UNITS ONLY.

[DEVIL]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 1:06:24 PM EDT
[#17]
45/70 nitro or a 500 lindbaugh
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 1:12:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 1:16:45 PM EDT
[#19]
i guess none of you know the real truth. bigfoot
is a alien robot. i saw this on the six million dollar man. i don't think a 45/70 would do the
trick. now the south african ntw-20 i think would do the trick.[:D]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 1:25:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 1:27:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Did I mention the anal probe?

You'd have to practice catch and release methods in order to study sasquatch.  Not only is it environmentaly friendly, it's also the only plausible way to conduct an anal probe.

People who have been abducted by aliens all understand that you cannot "probe" a deceased critter.  The sample must have a heartrate and be breathing for anal probing to work.

Aside from using the bannana peel to trap / capture sasquatch - you could use the bannana itself to conduct the "probe".

[whacko]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 1:28:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 1:29:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Just what do you think my .416 Rigby is for!  Sasquatch and Elephant from the same blind?!  Sign me up!!
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 1:29:22 PM EDT
[#24]
When I first started hunting Bigfoot's, I went with the big 50cal Mcmillan.  But after bagging quite a few Sasquatch over the years I am now down to a trusty .338 lapua Dakota Longbow, the .338 will do the job on all bigfoot types young, old, female, male etc..with one well placed shot.  The .338 makes a nice clean wound for all those trophies.  Others have had luck with all the magnum rifle rounds in particular the 7mm rem mag.  Also the 45/70 at close range, but that is for thrill seekers and adrenaline junkies only.  Don't listen to all those assholes who claim they have brought down a Sasquatch with a handgun, those clowns have spent to much time in the saloon and not enough time in the bush.

Happy Hunting!
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 1:33:47 PM EDT
[#25]
The caliber doesn't matter, its shot placement that counts [whacko]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 1:39:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Well Pingi3, you seem to be dead set on this catch and release deal, and what is up with the annal probe? I guess you don't understand the ravages of Big Foot and what he is capable of, especially when they charge on elephants. I am afraid this could be the S that broke the fan if you catch my drift.

Since they are wild animals they will hunt in packs. And who can say how large a pack of elephant riding Big foots will be. I imagine quite large I would venture to say 15 to 20 you know several family groups together with elephant mounts. Working in unision together on passers by and then lone hunters and small groups of campers then working their way into small towns and well you see where I am going with this. Just remember it is better to save the last one for your self than to become a slave or torn limb from limb..................................[shock]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 1:42:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 1:51:14 PM EDT
[#28]

as a longtime expert on sasquatch behavior, and accomplished Forest Ninja, i usually feel safe with an AR-10 and AP ammo.

i think the real problems start to develop when sasquatches and zombies attack in concert.  you need a weapon that both has the ability to penetrate thick sasquatch hide, and can give rapid headshots on advancing zombies.

this problem lends itself to a dual caliber design.  my advice would be to mount a MAC-10 under the barrel of either a FAL or an AR-10.

this gives you the heavy rifle/AP ammo you need for sasquatch and the submachine gun/hollowpoints vital for zombie supression.

i am having a gunsmith make me a batch of these rifles for a scientific sasquatch observation team i am putting together for the National Park Service.  i can probly get you guys some of these rifles at a reasonable price if you feel you will visit an area heavily saturated with both sasquatches AND zombies.

of course if you actually LIVE in a place like that you need multiple turret mounted .50s as previously stated.

-Spaceman

Link Posted: 8/23/2002 2:04:04 PM EDT
[#29]
You guys do realize they eat their own dead ( that is what the TV tells me anyway and there is no way that TV could be wrong ), and love things that smell.  So if you do shit your pants that will only make things worse.  They would probably capture you and make you watch them eat their own dead in some sort of underground lair.  You would need some sort of tactical BVD's to prevent this.  I am marketing this with quick change tape and they come in black, tan, and woodland camo.  They start at $500.00 for NIB.  As far as the most effective weapon on the so called "Sasquatch" you have to remeber these facts.

* They only come out at night
* They eat their dead ( and mabey ours )
* Lenard Nimoy made a movie about them
* They can fly

The only real weapon you can use against them is Big Foot the monster truck.
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 2:10:28 PM EDT
[#30]
FOOLS,FOOLS, YOU WILL GET YOURSELVES KILLED!!!!!
(deep breath 123456... ok) i will tell you again
bigfoot= alien robot. this was proven back in
the 70s the bionic man got lucky tearing one
of bigfoots arms off. the aliens have had at
least 25 years to improve on the design.
the dense material under the neuro transmitting
fur will stop a .308 or .30-06. the material
i suspect does not even occur natuarly in this
universe. i will refer to element it is composed
of as bigfotium 625.  please do not piss off
a bigfoot it will be your last foolish act.
we must prepare for them to start coming in
larger numbers! aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh [rocket]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 3:06:08 PM EDT
[#31]

You said The [i]anal[/i] probes???
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 3:51:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Tin foil hats to prevent the government from reading your mind would be essential equipment in the search for Sasquatch.  

Then we must go find his lairs and win over the hearts and minds of civilian sasquatches, and destroy their will to fight.  They would be forced to surrender.
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 4:02:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 4:22:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The caliber doesn't matter, its shot placement that counts [whacko]
View Quote

Yup!  It's just like Col. Jeff Cooper has told us:  "A .25 ACP in the lacrimator duct will stop a Bigfoot just as fast as a .376 in the chest."
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 4:28:47 PM EDT
[#35]
I hadn't considered that they might come in packs and on elephants.

Perhaps I'll need to amend the catch and release plan.

I'll need some clowns, a guy in a top hat and a B-I-G bag of circus peanuts.

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Pissed-Off Primates you know.

If we could just distract the elephants with the circus peanuts, then maybe we'd have a chance!
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 5:00:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

as a longtime expert on sasquatch behavior..  my advice would be to mount a MAC-10 under the barrel of either a FAL or an AR-10....i am having a gunsmith make me a batch of these rifles for a scientific sasquatch observation team i am putting together for the National Park Service.  i can probly get you guys some of these rifles at a reasonable price....
-Spaceman
View Quote

Is this the latest AR15.Com LEGP, the Tromix technology based "Primeval Primate Popper"?
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 5:11:50 PM EDT
[#37]
I think my new Browning MkII BAR Safari in .338 Win Mag sounds ideal for this type of senario...although I would have to have someone make me some high capacity mags for it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 5:19:42 PM EDT
[#38]
[url]http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Studio/4730/Images/bfoot.jpg[/url]
Link Posted: 8/24/2002 12:29:59 AM EDT
[#39]
For imaginary game, choose an imaginary gun with an imaginary cartridge.

When I am out in the bush stalking the Pacific Northwestern Yeti, I'm awfully fond of my Perkins-Titwillow double rifle chambered in .76 Trombone.
Link Posted: 8/24/2002 12:34:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
For imaginary game, choose an imaginary gun with an imaginary cartridge.

When I am out in the bush stalking the Pacific Northwestern Yeti, I'm awfully fond of my Perkins-Titwillow double rifle chambered in .76 Trombone.
View Quote

That would most certainly be my choice!
Link Posted: 8/24/2002 1:30:45 AM EDT
[#41]

BLOODTHIRSTY BASTARDS!

You're all out to get me.

Link Posted: 8/24/2002 1:39:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

BLOODTHIRSTY BASTARDS!

View Quote

Nah, it's all a joke!  We're all friends here! Anyways, since you're here and all, given the choice what would you like to get shot with the least?  Not that we'd do anything like that. Uh, I'm just curious... yeah, that's it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2002 7:10:20 PM EDT
[#43]
We could use mice as a first wave when they charge elephants are scared of mice right? then we send in the dogs once they are on foot. And for the final blow we mow them down with the BMG 50 belt feed of course. Now this will all go to S if they are acting in unision with the zombies. Do they work with the werewolves too?,,....... I don't think this is a good enough plan back to the drawing board. Hmm how about a tank?????????????????
Link Posted: 8/25/2002 7:21:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/25/2002 8:51:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

BLOODTHIRSTY BASTARDS!

View Quote

So what's your choice for SHTF ammo?
Link Posted: 8/25/2002 9:06:44 PM EDT
[#46]
my buddies and i routinely carry scatterguns stoked with 3 inch buckshot and slugs. brennekes on some and winchester slugs in other guns. my gun really likes the winchester fosters.

buckshot is usually 00 or 000.

i do shoot 180 gr winchester silvertips or fail safes in my 742. i took off the scope and put a set of AO big dot nite sights on it and the rig is rightous.

one guy carries an old winchester thuty-thuty..
one carries a new marlin outfitter 444.

i do know that a SKS knocked the shit outta one at Honobia OK a few years back..2 shots..one in the boiler room and one coup de grace..

i personally know the people involved..

i think a lot of them have been shot..either the people got scared and left the body to rot..or the monkees carried off the dead one in true primate fashion.

i dont think they eat their dead..but i do know they will carry them off..if they get hurt or die.

Link Posted: 8/25/2002 9:17:39 PM EDT
[#47]
If ever I'm walkin' the forests of the northwest, I'll be sure to bring along pics of Rosie O'Donnell and Aunt Ester from Sanford and Son and whip those babies out at first sight of the beast.
Sasquatch will turn tail (figuratively), and run!

By the way, did anyone see that movie in the 1970's showing reenacted sightings of bigfoot?  I couldn't sleep the first few nights after that because I thought she was lookin' in the window at me or hidin' in the closet waiting for me to open the door![:D]  Only had an airgun at the time, and I know the pellets would have bounced off her nipples if I did come across her and have to fire.
Link Posted: 8/25/2002 9:32:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/25/2002 9:35:05 PM EDT
[#49]
yep, i remember seeing that movie. i think i was
in 5th or 6th grade at the time. scared the
crap out of me too.[:D]
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 8:17:49 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I'm starting to lean towards the conclusion that big foot probably doesnt exist. I mean think about it, there have been legends of them for several hundred years. You think one would have been hit by a car or killed by a hunter or something by now.
View Quote

Doubters have said the same thing about zombies, but there have been many notable documentaries made about the existence of zombies, their feeding habits, and their movement patterns.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top