BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2002 10:02:58 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 10:18:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I would say a MG 34 by looking at the barrel
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 10:21:51 PM EDT
[#2]
It's a semi-auto Ruger 10/22 dressed up in German skin.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 2:26:38 AM EDT
[#3]
And all those wonderful little "Toys" will be stacked up and blown up or melted......Then "Serb-Guy" will just need to find something new the next time. What a waste of good equipment. I'm sure We could find a better use for it here! [;)]

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 2:58:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Send it to me!  Send it to me!
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 3:35:19 AM EDT
[#5]
MG34

What a waste.

[V]

Link Posted: 8/20/2002 3:54:59 AM EDT
[#6]
I think I'm gonna put on my cammies, sling on my M4gery, head over to Bosnia, and do some "Harvesting" myself,

Who's with me????

[:D]

And YES, its sickens me that fine piece of equipment is gonna get melted / chopped.

[puke]

Link Posted: 8/20/2002 4:00:30 AM EDT
[#7]
way to go USA, get those evil weapons away from the subjects

why the guy didn't want the thing is beyond me

maybe the dude with the M4 standing at his door had something to do with it

Link Posted: 8/20/2002 4:03:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I think I'm gonna put on my cammies, sling on my M4gery, head over to Bosnia, and do some "Harvesting" myself,

Who's with me????
View Quote

Sounds like a plan, only problem with that is getting the stuff back in country. [:(]

How about doing it here in the US?  Starting with a large big liberal city, I bet we could get a truckload before too long! [:)]
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 4:10:49 AM EDT
[#9]
[b]I've never seen anyone so delighted to be disarmed in my life![/b]

Hopefully, the photographer gives the man and his family a copy of this photo!

That way, in the future, they can blissfully look at the photo hanging over their fireplace mantle, as Hell descends upon them.

Eric The(ThankGodMyHunsLeftEurope!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 4:12:14 AM EDT
[#10]
I am a GI and a vet of many tours to Bosnia and Kosovo. Most the guns that get collected by the regular army get destroyed. I am a SF support guy, and the weapons that we picked up were kept for training or welded together and given away on a plaque. Some of the weapons that we had picked up were brand new M1A1 Thompsons (a whole crate), Sten guns, old WWII German stuff (to include a FG-42 and MP-44), and just about every Soviet era weapon. Its a shame we can't legally bring back war trophies.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 4:13:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
[b]I've never seen anyone so delighted to be disarmed in my life![/b]

Hopefully, the photographer gives the man and his family a copy of this photo!

That way, in the future, they can blissfully look at the photo hanging over their fireplace mantle, as Hell descends upon them.

Eric The(ThankGodMyHunsLeftEurope!)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

This is why Europeans ket kicked to the curb every 20 years or so by the dictator du jour.

Any tin horn two bit bully can control these sheeple.

Time we cut 'em loose, I say, and leave them to their own devices.

Link Posted: 8/20/2002 4:16:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Either the guy can't find ammo for that thing, or he is a total dumbass!!! I am betting on the 2nd one.

[beer]
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 5:35:53 AM EDT
[#13]
COOL!

Looks like it's time to pack up some cammies, fly to Bosnia, and go door-to-door looking all official-like...

[:D]
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 5:43:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 6:00:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Either the guy can't find ammo for that thing, or he is a total dumbass!!! I am betting on the 2nd one.

[beer]
View Quote

That was his "drop gun", he's still holding on to the [red] good stuff[/red].

Link Posted: 8/20/2002 6:12:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Is it just me or does this guy look like he's taking off his shirt ???? Maybe he has someting else hidden in there !!
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 6:32:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Quote from the article.
...NATO troops are knocking on the doors of every single house in eastern Bosnia asking citizens for unwanted weapons.
View Quote

"No Officer.  There are no unwanted weapons in our house!"
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 6:34:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Yep, I can just hear the conversation..

"I no longer wish this gun to be in my home"

"Ahh, well I'll take care of it..Hey! This is a MG-34!"

"Yes.. It won't fit on my T-72, and the cans for my PKM won't fit it. Pity, it's so well made.."
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 6:39:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who's with me????
View Quote

Sounds like a plan, only problem with that is getting the stuff back in country. [:(]

How about doing it here in the US?  Starting with a large big liberal city, I bet we could get a truckload before too long! [:)]
View Quote

Lets do it! We can get a Humvee and go from door to door. But wait, probably no MGs or AKs most likely gonna be old 12 gauge and maybe some pistols. Sigh.
Lets go to Bosnia then!
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 6:52:41 AM EDT
[#20]
I agree with Oly-M4gery. He didn't give it up and nt have more. A friend of mine did the same thing over there and he told me that the guys had some serious stuff hidden away. They emptied a cave that was full of land mines, both anti-armor and personnel. They had UN inpsectors with them and some locals that took them there. He said the cave was full of stuff. A couple hundred or so, with grenades and all. He said after the local guys were done being soldiers, they just stashed stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top