BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 11:58:16 AM EDT
[#1]
USMC_LB --

I have a buddy who is about to go to China (in the next week or two) for the same reason, to adopt a baby girl. We've seen pictures; she's a cutie. I did express my concerns to him about the huge amount of cash the Chinese gov't requires them to carry ($4K+). Only after the discussion about that did I read (in a Time from a few months back) about exactly this topic. This whole topic makes me want to barf. And, it also makes me cherish my little ones that much more.
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 12:01:48 PM EDT
[#2]
realist -

I wish I had banned McKoozie.

Not cuz I thought he deserved it, but just cuz it'd be a GREAT resume builder.

[:D]

Link Posted: 8/19/2002 12:13:15 PM EDT
[#3]
In before the lock.

[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 12:14:49 PM EDT
[#4]

Garandman.. too late

We have all been stripped of our duties.. [:D]
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 12:17:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 12:18:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Garandman,

RE: "So yer tellin' me I should "calm down" about this, and your rationale for that is that 50 million murdered Chinese is somehow understood or mitigated by the 30 million aborted babies here in the
      US????

Wow. That just don't compute. BOTH are reprehensible. One does NOT mitigate the other."

Nope, I'm not telling you to "calm down" at all. I think any rational person should be angry about the murduring of all those Chineese girls.  I also think they should be angy about the terrorist acts in Israel.

What I'm saying, is that I see it as "abortion" (which, I belive is murder) but, as long as "abortion" is generally accepted in OUR culture/nation, we can't get TO outraged or do to much about it in China. I think, we need to settle the matter here in the U.S., then we can look to China and throw fits and get in the action.

My opinion, is this article here is a good example of WHY abortion is wrong. Because, to me, there is no line between killing the child just before and just after birth. They choose kill thier baby girls to avoid fines, here we "abort" babies to avoid cost of raising them. So, in both cases, it's murdering a child for monitary gain.

That's why I (and I belive, many others here) can't equate it to the Israel/pal. issue (if you look at is as abortion VS terrorism). I'm just trying to explain WHY some people (including myself) get MORE upset about the paly thing, than this.

Also, as far as the numbers issue: Different people belive diffrently as to which is worse of a crime: magnitude or method.  Is it worse for one person to rape/beat/tourture (cut apart, etc.) and mutilate 5 women, or for one person to shoot 10 people in the back without them knowing it's coming?

Some people belive dead is dead, the more dead the worse. Others belive the way they died and tha agony they sufferd is worse than more people dieng  "humanly". That alone could be a huge philisophical discussion. . . . Both are horrable and evil, but which is worse, or are they equally bad?

I get the sense that you belive mere numbers is worse, while most of the other poster belive the method is worse. Me? I don't think either is worse. I think they are equally bad. (or, that's as close as I can come to deciding now). They are both evil acts, and both shoudl be punished the same I say.

Thank you for telling me why you brought the Isreal/paly thing into this. It makes more since knowing WHY we are discussing it.

Lastly, thanks for understanding I'm not trying to attack anyone or thier oppinion. I can't stand posting sometimes as it seems some people just WANT to feel attacked.

Later,
Justin
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 12:20:30 PM EDT
[#7]
IBTL!
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 12:22:03 PM EDT
[#8]
[8D]
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 12:28:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

You are all busted! [:)]

I hope you are feeling better,bud!
View Quote

Well, can't we at least add the lines:

Moderator (ret.)
AR15.com

or:

Former Moderator
Ar15.com

To our sigs?????

Come on!!!!:-). It was great having all that POWER for a moment! To bad by the time I refreshed the sceen, it was all gone. . . It was a moment I shall charish for ever. . . well, for a little while longer.

-Justin
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 12:28:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What I'm saying, is that I see it as "abortion" (which, I belive is murder) but, as long as "abortion" is generally accepted in OUR culture/nation, we can't get TO outraged or do to much about it in China. I think, we need to settle the matter here in the U.S., then we can look to China and throw fits and get in the action.
View Quote

Well, as I have core principles, I can and will get outraged about 50 million Chinese murdered, EVEN THO the US has the blood of 30 million abortion murders on its hands. Which I also get outraged about.

And the fact that little can be done about it  DOES NOT excuse us from our responsibility to express outrage.

I get the sense that you belive mere numbers is worse, while most of the other poster belive the method is worse. Me? I don't think either is worse. I think they are equally bad. (or, that's as close as I can come to deciding now). They are both evil acts, and both shoudl be punished the same I say.
View Quote

yes, I do feel that 50 million (Chinese murdered) is WORSE than 5,000 (Israelis murdered) Its GOTTA be. HOW you are killed is largely irrelevant.

You make the RIGHT conclusion when you say BOTH need to be punished the SAME way.

MY point is about the general apathy / "change-the-channel-the 50- million-murdered - Chinese- story-is boring-me" attitude by the SAME people who express moral outrage at the  5,000 murdered Israelis.

peace -

g
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 12:53:14 PM EDT
[#11]
This whole thread does not compute.

Did you kids just learn about the policies in China?

Yes, the last 40 years has created the problem (do the math).

So far you have not offered any constructive advice.

Are you willing to adopt all 50,000,000 kids?
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 12:56:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If that's true, what is it about 1-2 year old (possibly younger) Chinese female children that  most people round here find so dislikable????
View Quote

That they are from China, a place that has been a dictatorship for as long as it has existed.
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 1:00:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If that's true, what is it about 1-2 year old (possibly younger) Chinese female children that  most people round here find so dislikable????
View Quote

That they are from China, a place that has been a dictatorship for as long as it has existed.
View Quote

And that is an explanation for relative apathy to the genocide of 50,000,000 Chinese female infants???

Since these people have suffered under a dictatorship for time immemorial, they should just "cowboy up and be tough" to infanticide???

Link Posted: 8/19/2002 1:02:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Are you willing to adopt all 50,000,000 kids?
View Quote

Adopt them??? Maybe you haven't heard - THEY'VE ALL ALREADY BEEN MURDERED.

I'm not into adopting CORPSES.

Link Posted: 8/19/2002 1:24:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

You are all busted! [:)]

I hope you are feeling better,bud!
View Quote

OMG...  And from the depths of the darkness, appeared a stranger who was looked upon as the Godfather. Glad to see your alive Ed, now if I can just stay that way..lol  [rolleyes] 5 days off work including today.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 1:34:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Since these people have suffered under a dictatorship for time immemorial, they should just "cowboy up and be tough" to infanticide???
View Quote

No, what they SHOULD do is set up a representative government that recognizes individual rights.  But since, as I said, they have NEVER shown an inclination to do so in adequate numbers to pull it off (aside from a few thousand students at Tiananmen Square who were never a real threat to the status quo), there is really not a lot we can do about it.
If China were a real threat to us (which they are not, despite the rhetoric of some) we would possibly have to fight them, which would bring a regime change.  But failing such a war (which would kill FAR more children than die yearly there, since we would HAVE to go nuclear) what exactly do you propose?
Do you think we should cut off diplomatic and economic ties to China?  That would make them REGRESS back to the even-worse days of the Cultural Revolution, not progress into a more representative government.
I too think it is despicable what China does to its female children, but frankly I know there is nothing I can do about it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 1:49:55 PM EDT
[#17]
USMC_LB

Congratulations on your daughter. Some people down the street adopted a girl from China. They were very pleased with the whole experience. They went back last year and adopted another girl. They look very happy taking walks through the neighborhood.

Tell her Happy Birthday from us, looking forward to pictures.
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 2:43:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 3:23:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's cuz they are the most populace nation on Earth, can't feed or supply themselves, and eventually (if there population is allowed to expand further) they will need war to meet their needs (kinda like Japan).
View Quote

No, its not. Its a gov't policy of genocide against women.
View Quote

I guess you are just a little slow on the uptake here, so I'll 'splain it for you jackass:  They are committing "genocide" (which it actually isn't, it's femicide, but whatever) for the reasons stated in my first post.  They are unable to supply themselves, so the government enforces a one child per family rule.  The government isn't actually killing the female children, the people are.  Why?  Because Asians are noted as being amonst the most sexist people on Earth.

If they kill off their breeding stock, good.  Less people to pop out little soldiers in the future.
View Quote

Nice hatred you got goin' on there, pal.

Don't EVER try using humanity, morality, human decency, or civility as a reason we should do something to stop the killing in Israel.

You got NO credibility.

You suck.

View Quote

Coming from a Palestinian sympathizer, that doesn't mean much.  

Furthermore, I don't hate the Chinese.  I don't get how you can extrapolate "hate" from my post, but given that you are a selective interpretation Bible-thumping boob, I'm not surprised.  I guess your support of the Palestinian cause isn't hatred, huh?  

You are a fucking hypocrite.

You suck donkey balls.
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 3:29:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Again, the math is simple - 1,000's of Israeli lives > 50 million Chinese lives.
View Quote

You don't appear to really have much respect for the Chinese life given this earlier comment in the thread.

View Quote

Hey, Sherlock, my comment above is parodying the Israel Firsters.

Even before 50 million Chinese.

View Quote

You mean the "Jew Crew" don't ya?

Nobody made a mention of Israel in this thread, except you.  Me thinks you are putting the lives of the Palestinians ahead of the Chinese by constantly mentioning the Israel situation.

You are a hypocritical boob.

You suck dolphin dick.

[red] Thread locked due to repeated insults like the one above.  Red, check your IM.  RAF[/red]
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 3:30:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

...........(if there population is allowed to expand further) they will need war to meet their needs (kinda like Japan).

View Quote

[b]Japan started WW II because of their lack of birth control ??[/b]
View Quote

[b]Japan started WWII to feed their need for domestically unavailable raw materials and food resources.[/b]  
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 5:59:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It's cuz they are the most populace nation on Earth, can't feed or supply themselves, and eventually (if there population is allowed to expand further) they will need war to meet their needs (kinda like Japan).

If they kill off their breeding stock, good.  Less people to pop out little soldiers in the future.
View Quote

Sounds logical to me.

BTW - everyone spells the slang term "chink".  Shouldn't it be spelled "chinc"?  Wasn't it originally an abbreviation for "[b]Chin[/b]ese [b]C[/b]ommunists"?

Don't feel bad, gman - now all these babies' souls will go to heaven!!!  They won't have time to grow to adulthood and become heathen commie chincs sliding on greased skids while set on a course straight to hell.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top