Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/18/2002 10:39:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/18/2002 10:43:59 AM EDT by Aimless]
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 10:58:01 AM EDT
I lived and worked in Yellowstone for two years, you really wouldn't BELIEVE some of the idiotic actions that some tourists, and park emplyees did. Really.
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 11:06:12 AM EDT
Too many people have been brainwashed by the media into believing animals in nature are "cute and fluffy". Wild animals are dangerous. Parks may be particularly dangerous places to encounter them, since many have become desensitized to the presence of man. Good bison! Nice job goring that fellow! Are you available next time liberal politicians visit? [}:D]
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 11:09:07 AM EDT
What about the Idiots that fall into the GRAND CANYON?? How do you do that?
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 11:11:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/18/2002 11:12:41 AM EDT by warlord]
Man, there are some real stupid people out there. I witness the same same stupid thing when I was in Yellowstone a few years back. I commented to my wife, that foolish person is gonna get hurt. The minimum distance from the wild animals makes perfect sense.
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 11:15:33 AM EDT
Originally Posted By markm: What about the Idiots that fall into the GRAND CANYON?? How do you do that?
View Quote
It's a big hole, steep sides, get to close to get the perfect picture - priceless!
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 11:15:55 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Aimless: [url]http://msn.espn.go.com/outdoors/conservation/news/2002/0809/1416254.html[/url] No action will be taken against the bison.
View Quote
Are you kidding?! That animal likely has an imaginary bullseye on him, just like the garbage dump black bears! Even though in this case the person infringed on the animal's turf. Those rangers will get target practice soon. Coming to a meat market near you: Yellowstone bison meat, fresh killed![:D] That animal better "hoof it" the hell out of there![:D]
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 11:18:25 AM EDT
In order to truly understand the magnatude of the stupidity of this moron, you'd have to see these animals close up and personal, uncaged. I know a man near here who owns a herd of buffalo that he allows to roam on his ranch. In order to show my wife and kids what they really looked like, he let our truck into the field with his. A few honks of his horn, and soon we were surrounded by buffalo. These are magnificent animals. IMHO, that moron got off lucky. Obviously, that bison was just issuing a stern warning.
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 11:22:47 AM EDT
Originally Posted By markm: What about the Idiots that fall into the GRAND CANYON?? How do you do that?
View Quote
Well, I just didn't see it. Is that so hard to believe?
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 11:24:05 AM EDT
We had bison burgers served in our cafeteria at work once. They were lean and tasty.
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 11:41:01 AM EDT
Maybe a class action law suit against Disney for presenting a false image of wild animals to the American public would prevent these kinds of things from happening in the future.
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 12:05:57 PM EDT
Maybe the Park Service should post signs explaining that these are WILD animals, and not to approach them. I haven't been to Yellowstone in a number of years, but when I was there, there were no such signs.
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 12:19:03 PM EDT
The absolute depths of this foolishness, was the PETA-type who took a trip to Africa to "connect" with the cuddley animals. This moron drove out to a game park, got out of the car and set up a video camera, so he could tape his "encounter" with a pride of Lions. How would you like to be the park official who had to explain to his relatives that the video tape shows him being actually eaten alive!
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 12:19:36 PM EDT
Originally Posted By warlord: Maybe the Park Service should post signs explaining that these are WILD animals, and not to approach them. I haven't been to Yellowstone in a number of years, but when I was there, there were no such signs.
View Quote
1st off it's common sense. Hell you have to wath out for domestic cows, why wouldn't you watch out for a wild animal that big, much less get right in front of it. 2nd, There's damn signs everywhere. Evidently this man was not only stupid but he couldn't read either.
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 12:23:10 PM EDT
At least the bison wasn't charged.
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 1:45:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/18/2002 1:51:07 PM EDT by OLY-M4gery]
[red]Criminal charges are pending against him for harassing wildlife. No action will be taken against the bison.[/red] That's priceless, do you think whoever said, or typed that did it with a straight face. I think that poor bison has put up with enough, he should sue for emotional distress......[}:)] [blue]It is against the law to approach within 100 yards of bears or within 25 yards of other wildlife in Yellowstone.[/blue] I suppose that is in effect because the earlier prohibition against poking bears with short stick was being ignored too. You know some radio guys are fond of saying "it wouldn't be a law unless someone got away with it before". But in this case it seems like they are trying to legislatively defeat Darwin. Next they'll be saying you can't mess with posionous snakes..........
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 1:55:44 PM EDT
Originally Posted By rainman: Maybe a class action law suit against Disney for presenting a false image of wild animals to the American public would prevent these kinds of things from happening in the future.
View Quote
[thinking] Where do I sign up for that?
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 1:56:15 PM EDT
View Quote
Gravity?
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 1:58:13 PM EDT
I was born in Montana, and used to live in Gardiner, MT, close to Yellowstone Park The last time I was in Yellowstone Park I was watching a Bull Moose, who was keeping company with a Cow Moose. It was sthe onset of mating season. I was about forty feet away from the pair, with a good sized tree between me and the animals. A dumb woman, about 50 yrs old, walked past me and approached the animals. I said, "Lady," You had better not get so close to those animals." This goofy woman looked at me and said, "Oh," "You will protect me." And I said, "No way in hell lady," "If they come after you," "I will be worrying about myself." You should have seen the shocked look on her face. Bill
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 5:50:15 PM EDT
In January a few years back, a bunch of people on snow machines stopped to photograph buffalo in the park. The group I was in stopped also. One jackass gets real close to this bull and it charges him about 35 yards away from me. Buffalo can't see real well, and this guy was running right toward me. I jumped on my snow machine, it started on the second pull and I was otta there!! [shock] The buffalo only made a mock charge of 15 yards or so, most likely to conserve energy due to winter dormancy. BTW A mother moose with a calf or calves, will stomp you dead if you are felt to be a threat.
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 7:36:58 PM EDT
This bugger got startled and left a small dent in the door frame of my Suburban: [img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid29/pbb77ea8dfa3810a025a22c858352042b/fd626cfe.jpg[/img] More fun with wildlife: [img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid29/pc33f01cc2c22e033bc80a03dda23c268/fd626cfd.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 7:45:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/18/2002 7:48:44 PM EDT by cnatra]
I was there & in the Tetons for two weeks last year. Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful! But damn there where a bunch of idiot tourists! So many people doing exactly what the Rangers tell you not to do.(ther is plenty of warnings about not getting to close to the animals) I saw one moron coaching his 8yr old son closer & closer to a Bison so he could take a "better" picture! He's lucky his kid wasn't killed!
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 7:46:16 PM EDT
Erm please tell me you aint feeding bears from a vehicle. Cuz, if you are you are very foolish. That is very bad behavior to teach bears, and I would appreciate it if you didnt teach them that food comes from PEOPLE. Which will lead to a 'problem' bear which will probably have to be KILLED. Same with the bison, only not to the same extent.
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 8:00:32 PM EDT
Boomer was that at yellowstone bear world I only live a few miles from there. Every spring I drive thru yellowstone to go to cooke city to snowmoble and you would not belive the idiots that I encounter they park in the middle of the road and block traffic like there is no traffic laws. And they approach wildlife like they are at a zoo.
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 8:05:51 PM EDT
[size=5][red]"It is against the law to approach within 100 yards of bears or within 25 yards of other wildlife in Yellowstone."[/red][/size=5] [size=5][green]Someone forgot to tell the Buffalo.[/green][/size=5]
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 8:11:33 PM EDT
Originally Posted By faris: The absolute depths of this foolishness, was the PETA-type who took a trip to Africa to "connect" with the cuddley animals. This moron drove out to a game park, got out of the car and set up a video camera, so he could tape his "encounter" with a pride of Lions. How would you like to be the park official who had to explain to his relatives that the video tape shows him being actually eaten alive!
View Quote
Why does this make me think of BenDover and his reconditioned loft apartment in the ghetto?
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 8:14:14 PM EDT
'Criminal charges are pending against him for harassing wildlife' I'll consider that an 'Idiot Tax'.
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 8:24:33 PM EDT
Originally Posted By rainman: Maybe a class action law suit against Disney for presenting a false image of wild animals to the American public would prevent these kinds of things from happening in the future.
View Quote
What a novel thought. However, are we LIBERAL enough to do that?
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 8:37:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/20/2002 2:23:12 PM EDT by heliflyer]
Originally Posted By Silence: Erm please tell me you aint feeding bears from a vehicle. Cuz, if you are you are very foolish. That is very bad behavior to teach bears, and I would appreciate it if you didnt teach them that food comes from PEOPLE. Which will lead to a 'problem' bear which will probably have to be KILLED. Same with the bison, only not to the same extent.
View Quote
The Inland (Yellowstone) Grizzly Bears are classed as an endangered species. The bear would not be killed unless he was caught in the middle of an attack, or had mauled or killed someone. The [b]problem bears[/b] are captured and relocated fifty or more miles away. A few days later, after the tourist is gone, the bear will be back. As close as that bear is to the vehicle, and as fast as a Grizzly can move, he would be into that wide open window before anybody could duck. Grizzly Bears are so fast, you wouldn't have a chance to get to a safe area, even in the vehicle,
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 8:52:23 PM EDT
The next time your that close to a Grizzly, take the watch off, it's not good for the Grizzly's digestion. Bill
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 8:55:20 PM EDT
Originally Posted By jrzy: [size=5][red]"It is against the law to approach within 100 yards of bears or within 25 yards of other wildlife in Yellowstone."[/red][/size=5] [size=5][green]Someone forgot to tell the Buffalo.[/green][/size=5]
View Quote
He knew, he just made sure to leave evidence of the infraction.
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 9:05:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 2:57:48 AM EDT
I was taking my bass boat out at the ramp in Myaka State Park near Sarasota, Florida back in the mid-seventies when I saw a male and female couple place their two year old child on the back of an huge alligator for a picture. The old gator, all 15 feet of him, was basking in the sunshine, in the lawn right up next to the concession stand. As luck would have it he was not in the mood for a meal at that time and the stupid parents were able to take their baby home that day with a swell photograph of little Jr. perched on the back of a huge, but apparently harmless creature. They say that The Good Lord watches out for drunks and fools.
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 3:59:59 AM EDT
City folk. [shaking head]
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 6:19:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/19/2002 6:20:50 AM EDT by jrzy]
Any of you guys ever see those movies "fasces of death"? There was a guy feeding a bear bread on one of them and he ran out of bread and the video catches every minute of his last minutes on earth,the bear pulled the guy out of the car and ate him,starting by ripping his arm off like he was a rag doll.
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 7:12:31 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 7:16:06 AM EDT
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid29/pc33f01cc2c22e033bc80a03dda23c268/fd626cfd.jpg[/img] No wonder the bear is upset, don't you know 3 out of 4 bears prefer Burger King? Big Teeth... Big Claws... [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/jpshakehead.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 9:09:09 PM EDT
Originally Posted By jrzy: Any of you guys ever see those movies "fasces of death"? There was a guy feeding a bear bread on one of them and he ran out of bread and the video catches every minute of his last minutes on earth,the bear pulled the guy out of the car and ate him,starting by ripping his arm off like he was a rag doll.
View Quote
That is why I said, take the watch off, you don't want to give the Bear indigestion. Bill
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 10:14:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By heliflyer:
Originally Posted By jrzy: Any of you guys ever see those movies "fasces of death"? There was a guy feeding a bear bread on one of them and he ran out of bread and the video catches every minute of his last minutes on earth,the bear pulled the guy out of the car and ate him,starting by ripping his arm off like he was a rag doll.
View Quote
That is why I said, take the watch off, you don't want to give the Bear indigestion. Bill
View Quote
Thanks ,LOL
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 10:18:55 PM EDT
Anyone seen the deer feeding warning sign in Yosemite National Park? Shows a kid offering a deer a piece of food. Then the deer starts revving up and charges the kid. I took a 35mm pic but I don't have a scanner.
Top Top