Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/8/2012 6:39:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

I'd just print this out and put it inside.

Attachment Attached File

On Microfilm.
Link Posted: 12/8/2012 6:42:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
guns are an absolute no-no inside of banks.  Other than that, your nuclear launch keys maybe?

In case it hasn't been pointed out already, 100% false. ATF actually recommends deposit boxes for NFA.

When I sell one of my NFA items, it goes in my safe deposit box until the transfer is approved.  Cheap insurance against theft or damage from fire, tornado, etc.  My home vault is pretty secure against those threats, but the local bank is even more so.  Plus, it gives the buyer a bit more peace of mind that his expensive new toy is safe until shipment.  I've got an Uzi sitting in mine right now waiting for a transfer.
Link Posted: 12/8/2012 7:00:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If you die, uncle sugar gets first dibs on it. Happened to family last year, old man worked for the US mint and squirrled away from work with 13 uncirculated gold coins. They would have been worth $$$ millions. They were declared US property are gone.

They were originally stolen but I'd rather the family had gotten to keep them than ending up disappearing.

Finders Keepers doesn't apply to stolen government property.
Link Posted: 12/8/2012 7:02:23 AM EDT
[#4]
put whatever you want in it.  (no fish please).  

Like mentioned before, while it IS a pretty safe place to keep important things, you do not control access to it.  They are a great option for college kids and apartment dwellers to keep important paperwork.
Link Posted: 12/8/2012 7:06:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
guns are an absolute no-no inside of banks.  Other than that, your nuclear launch keys maybe?

Nope, guns are just fine in safe boxes. At least in TX.
Link Posted: 12/8/2012 8:33:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Guns are fine in many states. One of my brothers has a few NFA items. When he was temporarily living in another state that didn't allow NFA toys, he put them in the bank's deposit box. There were a couple of suppressors and a couple of machine guns (Macs) in the box. Probably would've surprised the heck out of a bank employee.

But, totally legal.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top