Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/17/2002 2:44:27 PM EDT
Uhhh...I think someone wants to meet you.[:D]

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A few thousand black demonstrators rallied on the Mall in Washington on Saturday to demand that the U.S. government pay blacks reparations for slavery and decades of discrimination.

[b]"I want to go up to the closest white person and say, 'You can't understand this, it's a black thing,' and then slap him, just for my mental health," Charles Barron, a member of the New York City Council, told the crowd.[/b]

The demonstrators, numbering about 2,000 to 3,000, came from all parts of the United States, many traveling by bus from as far away as Texas. With the U.S. Capitol in the background, they chanted "Black power! Reparations!" and "Start the Revolution!"

"Apologize White America," said a sign carried by one demonstrator.

Barron, a self-proclaimed "elected revolutionary," said if the government did not act swiftly he personally would storm the Treasury Department ( news - web sites) and take the money for reparations.

Black activist Louis Farrakhan told the crowd, "America owes the black people a lot for what they've endured."

"We need land for political independence, we need millions of acres," Farrakhan added. "We need payment for 310 years of slavery, of destruction of our minds and the robbery of our culture."

Soooooo..you talkin' to me?
[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 2:46:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I forgot...in before the lock![;D]

Link Posted: 8/17/2002 2:51:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I was so touched by that. I just freed my slaves. [rolleyes]

Oh, wait. I never had slaves. Neither did my parents, grand parents, great grandparents, great-great grand parents, etc.
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 2:53:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 2:55:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

[b]"I want to go up to the closest white person and say, 'You can't understand this, it's a black thing,' and then slap him, just for my mental health," Charles Barron, a member of the New York City Council, told the crowd.[/b]
View Quote

Oh, there would be a riot very fast-I'd almost like to be there so he could try it on me...

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 2:58:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Lemme axe you somethin'..want so mo?

.S. Rep. John Conyers, a Democrat from Michigan, urged blacks to press their elected representatives in Congress to deal with the issue of slavery reparations.

"We want reparations -- not next century, not 10 years from now, but now," Conyers said. "These wrongs can only be corrected in the House of Representatives, only Congress can do what we want now. All congressmen ought to be here today."

Conyers has backed legislation that would require the House of Representatives to study slavery's effects on blacks.

Demonstrators said blacks deserved "long overdue" reparations, noting compensation won by Jews in the aftermath of the Nazi Holocaust and Japanese-Americans for their internment by the United States in camps during World War II.

The turnout was smaller than the tens of thousands of demonstrators forecast by organizers of the "Millions for Reparations" movement. But those who traveled to Washington said they believed the rally would make a difference.

"You have to really make some noise just to be heard," Edna Russell, who traveled from Denver, told Reuters.

Kobina Abew, an American citizen from Ghana dressed in a colorful African gown, said, "It's going to be very effective. It's going to bring a solution to this problem, I believe."

This could be interesting,
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 3:01:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Me! Me!  Pick Me!  I promise I will be the last thing you see on this earth should you be foolish enough to try that!

The demonstrators, numbering about 2,000 to 3,000, came from all parts of the United States, many traveling by bus from as far away  With the U.S. Capitol in the background, they chanted "Start the Revolution!"
View Quote

Be VERY, VERY, careful what you ask for.  Some of us out here are straining on the leash to give you that very thing!  [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/mica/shootingsoldier.gif[/img]

Edited to add:

IN BEFORE THE LOCK!

[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/sadness.gif[/img]

Link Posted: 8/17/2002 3:04:42 PM EDT
[#7]
ibtl
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 3:15:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Any suitable comment would apparently be cause for banning... [puke]
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 3:16:51 PM EDT
[#9]
In Before The Lock

And there is law as I understand that limits action if it has not been taken within a certain amount of time.....   I figure 300+ years is probably over it isn't it?

Not that I believe it matters anyways, if they are mad abou tit, sue the Confederate States, Not the United States [;D]
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 3:17:01 PM EDT
[#10]
IBTL, JIC

Really, given that congress and courts give them everything else as a class just because of their skin color, jobs through AA, college through AA (for free in many cases), grants for their churches, new apartments when they trash their old one/get thrown out for a felony on premises, bail outs for their cities and schools when their pols forget that you can't steal 100% of the budget because someone will notice when things stop working---
why wouldn't they expect extra welfare just for having another few demos/riots and talking some 'white man hold me down' smack?
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 3:42:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Not that I believe it matters anyways, if they are mad abou tit, sue the Confederate States, Not the United States
View Quote

Ummm....people up north had slaves too.
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 3:43:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Oh yeah, IBTL.
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 3:51:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The demonstrators, numbering about 2,000 to 3,000, came from all parts of the United States, many traveling by bus from as far away  With the U.S. Capitol in the background, they chanted "Start the Revolution!"
View Quote

Be VERY, VERY, careful what you ask for.  Some of us out here are straining on the leash to give you that very thing
View Quote

Very well stated.  I concur 100%!!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 3:53:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Be VERY, VERY, careful what you ask for.  Some of us out here are straining on the leash to give you that very thing
View Quote

Very well stated.  I concur 100%!!

Sgtar15
View Quote

Exactly[^]
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 3:57:56 PM EDT
[#15]
These folks are as bad as, and the moral equivalent of, the domestic white supremacists.

The media should condemn them just as loudly.
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 3:59:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Kiss my ASS!

Reparations...RIGHT!  Not on MY watch!

Tell the spaceship to come and get your sorry asses NOW you MORONS!

[b]IBTL.[/b]  [50]
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 4:08:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
These folks are as bad as, and the moral equivalent of, the domestic white supremacists.

The media should condemn them just as loudly.
View Quote

RIGHT!  Fat fucking chance that the liberal media or any other band of Democraps is going to condemn or even report honestly on these [B]ASS-CLOWNS[/b] in any manner but to give them support!

The liberals LOVE class warfare and sucking up to these people.  Remember when Calipso Louie Farrakhan's fav number one lieutenant made all those incredibly racist and anti-Semitic remarks a couple of years ago?  Well, first we see all of the rest of their brothers in the street saying, "...RIGHT ON!!!", then we see the press just going all gaga about it!

Liberals want to perpetuate this shit in order to keep the black man down, poor, on the government dole and away from their toney apartments in NYC and their liberal ranchhouse estates on the Left Coast.

Reparations?  NO.

IBTL.
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 4:18:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 4:24:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Did I wake up in zimbobwee or have these people gone totally fvking insane?
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 4:35:53 PM EDT
[#20]
A truthful response on my part would cause me to be banned from this site. Oh well, ibtl..
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 4:44:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
A truthful response on my part would cause me to be banned from this site. Oh well, ibtl..
View Quote

I hate to agree with a damned Yankee...

But that, sir, is a "no shitter".

Please excuse my redneck vocabulary.
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 4:51:17 PM EDT
[#22]
If they want reparations, give them a one-way ticket to Africa. Let these (insert rude remark here), go back to the sh!t-hole they consider to be their "Mother Land"!

As was said earlier, I can prove, that both set's of my Great-Grandparent, immigrated to the U.S., back in the 1890's in one case and the other case in the 1900's. So if I have to help pay restoration to these worthless/lazy/SOB's
will that give my Great-Great-Great-Grandchildren the right to reperations for what the government took from me? Probably not, I'm white! [:(!]
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 4:53:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 4:59:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I hate to agree with a damned Yankee...
View Quote

LOL  [img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/ChrisLe%2Fsmily%2Egif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 5:05:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Reparamarations? They want their 40 acres and a mule now? It's too early to cash in.
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 5:18:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Reparamarations? They want their 40 acres and a mule now? It's too early to cash in.
View Quote

The oft quoted "40 acres and a mule" story was attributed to LTG W.T. Sherman, who did not have the authority to promise squat.

The blood of 200,000 soldiers was ostensibly paid to ensure the end of slavery.  What is the value of that?

No slaveholder is alive today to be held accountable for his (then legal under the State and Federal Constitutions) actions.  99.9% of the American taxpayers have no former slaveholding ancestors.

The difference with the interred Japanese-Americans and Jewish POWs is that the reparations were paid directly to the victims.  I am all for paying the reparations from any slaveholder who violated a law to any living former slave who wishes to be compensated.

Finally, WTF is the deal with the man from Ghana getting in on this?  Does he feel that he is as entitled to this handout because of the color of his skin?
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 5:19:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Imagine that !!!  A minority group looking for something for nothing.[rolleyes]
Anutha brutha wit dey hand out axin da man fo mo jack cuz "da man" dun bin keepin da black man down.
GET A JOB BITCH !!!
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 5:27:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Imagine that !!!  A minority group looking for something for nothing.[rolleyes]
Anutha brutha wit dey hand out axin da man fo mo jack cuz "da man" dun bin keepin da black man down.
GET A JOB BITCH !!!
View Quote

Yeah, I've been learning some ebonics. I'm getting an educamation here.
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 5:32:27 PM EDT
[#29]
welfare,food stamps, unemployement,wic, hud housing, crazy checks, school lunch, sounds like enough reparations to me. if they want a revoloution who's gonna pay for that? slap me? BRING IT ON MOTHER FUCKER!!!!!!![PISSED]
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 5:55:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The blood of 200,000 soldiers was ostensibly paid to ensure the end of slavery.  What is the value of that?
View Quote

I think we should pay all the people who want reparations. We can apply the reparation money to the bill that the Northern States will send for freeing their ancestors. How does ten million to each family that lost an ancestor in the War Against States’ Rights sound to y’all?

We can play this both ways.

IBTL
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 6:01:45 PM EDT
[#31]
My wife kept getting pissed at me for watching it on CSpan.  My personal favorites were from congressman Conyard.  I'll paraphrase what he said:
---We will have to have someone put my bill,HR40 in words that Bush could understand.

---Bush stole the election.

---Bush has never earned one cent, all his life.

---We as Africans....bla,.....bla....bla.
(I thought we were all AMERICANS!!!!!)

---Everyone else got reparations. WE should too.

I just want to say, if you consider yourself something other than American-American, and not happy, then get the %$^^ out!  I don't give a rats A$$ what your skin color is, just be an AMERICAN!!!!! not Greek-American, Native-American, British-American, Peruvian-American, Mexican-American, OR African-American  ....AMERICAN,AMERICAN,AMERICAN!!!!!! Don't want to be one...move! And, I'm not footing the bill!!!!

ohhh, IBTL

Link Posted: 8/17/2002 6:48:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Not that it maters to that bunch, but what they are asking for is unconstitutional.
Amendment 14 section 5,
[url]www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/constitution.amendmentxiv.html[/url]

There is so much ‘unconstitutional’ going on now a days that no has noticed this.

SSD
(Something worthy of a lock here...)
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 6:57:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Not that I believe it matters anyways, if they are mad abou tit, sue the Confederate States, Not the United States
View Quote

Ummm....people up north had slaves too.
View Quote

Ummm....people in Africa not only had slaves too but were the ones who profited by SELLING THEM into slavery. For some strange reason I hear nothing about that.....
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 7:02:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Thank you SSD.

The 14th Amendment:

Section 4. The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any state shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/17/2002 7:06:53 PM EDT
[#35]
If you come to TAKE FORCIBLY what you THINK you are owed, I'll pay you your reparations.

But the currency will be lead.

Link Posted: 8/17/2002 7:30:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Wait a minute.  I believe I was a slave in a former life.  Do I qualify for some gubment monies?
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 7:31:52 PM EDT
[#37]
fuck em, how  bout we start a group called nrjfs, no reparmations, just food stamps.my patience is wearing thin.
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 8:17:26 PM EDT
[#38]
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/the%5Freject%2Fcheckit%2Ejpg[/img]

Thanks to S/A...

the_reject
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 8:32:42 PM EDT
[#39]

The demonstrators, numbering about 2,000 to 3,000, came from all parts of the United States, many traveling by bus from as far away as Texas. With the U.S. Capitol in the background, they chanted "Black power! Reparations!" and "Start the Revolution!"

"We need land for political independence, we need millions of acres," Farrakhan added. "We need payment for 310 years of slavery, of destruction of our minds and the robbery of our culture."
View Quote
I love this 'you can't understand, it's a black thing' crap, like they are smarter than we are.

If a white person said the things that some of these fools are saying, there would be hell to pay.

Now, it's 310 years?????????  I wish these idiots would pick a figure and stick with it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 8:42:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 10:15:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Welcome to the Rhodesia Point.  Where do we go from here?
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 10:34:20 PM EDT
[#42]
if a reparations bill made it to his desk, do you think Bush would sign it?

fire up that automatic tax witholding machine, woo hoo

if this happens, i'll feel even BETTER about telling street bums to FOAD!
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 12:48:20 AM EDT
[#43]
[b][red][size=5]I.B.T.L. !!![/b][/red][/size=5]

[img]http://www.itsablackthang.com/_borders/kanelogo4w.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 1:04:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 1:06:40 AM EDT
[#45]
[s]I have a solution.
Send them back.

It seems some people forget that it was black Africans who sold them, and a white American who freed them.
Pathetic. Maybe they feel they would've been better off in an uncivilized disease ridden country. Maybe they should start working towards an actual future instead of concentrating so much on their misguided impression of what the past was.

But then they'd have to work, and couldn't get something for nothing.[/s] Nevermind.
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 12:41:30 PM EDT
[#46]
I say give it to them.
They'll blow it all on Gold chains and Colt 45 within a year.

But after they get their slavery rep's (And they will), I demand welfare and food stamp reparations.

It'll cancel out anything they want for slavery.
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 12:48:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Someone please tell me they mean to say "repatriation", not "reparation".
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 1:05:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Someone please tell me they mean to say "repatriation", not "reparation".
View Quote

Ahhhh, I love a good play on words, and THAT was a good one...
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 1:10:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
[b]"I dream of the day, when a person is judged NOT by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character!"[/b]

Yep.  Me too, Doc.  Me too.

My family's land was taken by the British 325 years ago, and my forebears were sentenced to indentured servitude.  Where's my 40 hectares and a sheep?
View Quote

Ditto.  Where were the reparations from the Germans for invading my homeland Denmark less than 150 years ago????  I deserve my mule more than they do!!!!
[:D]

IBTL.

(edited to add:)

ETH, you're a Deutschlander!  Where's my land???

-mc(.25 acres in Minneapolis and no mule)nielsen
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 1:18:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

my homeland Denmark
[:D]

IBTL.
View Quote

Tsk Tsk....
Danes.
The Negroes of the Nordic.
Dumb like Swedes, but not as pretty.
[:p]

McUZI
(50% Norwegian  50% Italian, 100% Superior)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top