Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 7:47:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, why infer a connection between the death and the call and then not provide the evidence?  Crap sensationalist journalism I guess.

ETA: RIF  Those jockeys sure played her.  I hope they don't feel bad or anything.

Quoted:
That article doesn't say how/why she died.  

Link Posted: 12/7/2012 7:47:53 AM EDT
[#2]
damn
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 7:48:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Very sad.

Wouldn't it be funny if she was actually playing a hoax on the DJs.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 7:49:35 AM EDT
[#4]
very sad
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 7:54:05 AM EDT
[#6]

There were people making death threats against her for allowing a phone call to go through. This is the civilized society that we all strive for.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:00:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:01:00 AM EDT
[#8]
are we sure she didnt know the clintons in some way? because they have alot of suicides among people they know...
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:01:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
On one hand, yes she made a mistake putting the call through.  On the other hand, would you really want to be the one that tells the Queen "no, I will not put you through to Kate?"  

She made her choice to commit suicide, but I hope those DJs realize they directly contributed to this.

Nah, you have to be goofy in the head to kill yourself over something so silly.  I hope the DJ's continue to do pranks.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:05:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Are we sure the nurse's death isn't a hoax?

This is what I'm wondering too.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:05:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:12:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If this was related at all to the prank call I hope the radio station gets sued, and the DJs get fucked over.

And this is why we have such a sue happy world.

All they did was pull a prank, quite a leap from getting pranked to killing yourself. Why should the DJ's get sued?
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:13:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
CNN, MSN, and Yahoo all reporting suicide

horrible

Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:14:16 AM EDT
[#14]
I don't get it. Some billionaire's relative in law is in the hospital and divulging that information is worth killing yourself over? Especially when you did it in good faith.

Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:18:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Poor girl was likely already a vulnerable person.  RIP.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:18:36 AM EDT
[#16]
If someone was that unstable that a prank like this lead them to kill themselves, then something tells me that if it wasn't this prank, it would be something else that would do them in.

People need to toughen up.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:18:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I don't get it. Some billionaire's relative in law is in the hospital and divulging that information is worth killing yourself over? Especially when you did it in good faith.

Some people respond to intercontinental public shame and ridicule better (or much worse) than others.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:20:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
On one hand, yes she made a mistake putting the call through.  On the other hand, would you really want to be the one that tells the Queen "no, I will not put you through to Kate?"  

She made her choice to commit suicide, but I hope those DJs realize they directly contributed to this.

Nah, you have to be goofy in the head to kill yourself over something so silly.  I hope the DJ's continue to do pranks.

Survey Says. . . . . . . .
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:20:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Bob Costas has scheduled a Sunday Night Football game to discuss DJ Control and how she would still be alive if it weren't for those DJ's.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:21:14 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Bob Costas has scheduled a Sunday Night Football game to discuss DJ Control and how she would still be alive if it weren't for those DJ's.

We should just ban all practical jokes......

Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:23:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If someone was that unstable that a prank like this lead them to kill themselves, then something tells me that if it wasn't this prank, it would be something else that would do them in.

Again, when the results are intercontinental ridicule and shame, some people handle it worse than others.  Consider the fact that you live in the USA yet were aware of a nurse being made to look the fool in England by pranksters in Australia.  If you knew about it, how many other people in how many other countries also knew about it.  Apparently contemplating that fact was too overwhelming to this lady.  There were probably other personal struggles involved as well, and this was the straw that broke the psychological camel's back.

I don't approve of her suicide, but I recognize that it's a lot more than just having some local neighbor of hers pointing and laughing at her.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:26:16 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Again, when the results are intercontinental ridicule and shame, some people handle it worse than others.  Consider the fact that you live in the USA yet were aware of a nurse being made to look the fool in England by pranksters in Australia.  If you knew about it, how many other people in how many other countries also knew about it.  Apparently contemplating that fact was too overwhelming to this lady.  There were probably other personal struggles involved as well, and this was the straw that broke the psychological camel's back.

I don't approve of her suicide, but I recognize that it's a lot more than just having some local neighbor of hers pointing and laughing at her.

Who gives a fuck?  WTF is this "intercontinental redicule"?  GIve me a fucking break...

Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:29:08 AM EDT
[#23]
There should be a full comprehensive psych eval on anyone who is a potential victim for practical jokes so we know beforehand if they well harm themselves.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:31:20 AM EDT
[#24]
The Twitter accounts of both radio personalities have been deactivated, but it is unknown when the accounts were shut down. The DJ's are being heavily criticized on Twitter, with many people calling for them to resign or be fired.

Ridiculous all the way around.
Some people take their Royalty WAY TOO SERIOUSLY.
Looks like we're headed back towards a Monarchy with the voters we have here, too.
Maybe people really are Sheep, who need to be Tended.

ETA: And for everyone blaming the DJ's, you might want to think about what Freedom means to you. Should phone pranks be illegal?  Or only pranks involving famous people or our precious Royalty?  Sorry, no.  Nobody is immune.  If the hospital had a better policy about sharing information over the phone, this wouldn't have happened.  If people weren't stupid about treating their Royalty like magic sky gods, this wouldn't have happened.  Nobody made that nurse kill herself but HER.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:31:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Those radio guys were shocked that anyone would be stupid enough to fall for their fake, stupid accents.  This woman was humiliated and quite possibly faced disciplinary action for violating hospital policy, privacy laws, and an ethical code.  She fucked up plain and simple and couldn't live with the consequences.  Unfortunately, these radio guys are going to be the scapegoats for her incompetence.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:38:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Who gives a fuck?  WTF is this "intercontinental redicule"?  GIve me a fucking break...  

Out of curiosity, are you completely devoid of any capacity for empathy?
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:38:54 AM EDT
[#27]
I don't live in the UK, but they have a cut throat media and crazys just like we do.

Imagine all the death threats/public rage around Zimmerman in the days following Trayvon's death. . . . different situation, but the similar outcome could have easily drove someone in his position to commit suicide.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:39:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess that would mean when the entire world knows the prank call.  When someone is made to look a fool to seven billion people, they may take it a little hard.  It's not really a hard concept to figure out.  
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:39:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Those radio guys were shocked that anyone would be stupid enough to fall for their fake, stupid accents.  This woman was humiliated and quite possibly faced disciplinary action for violating hospital policy, privacy laws, and an ethical code.  She fucked up plain and simple and couldn't live with the consequences.  Unfortunately, these radio guys are going to be the scapegoats for her incompetence.

I know Brits would be the last people to speak ill of the dead so you have to take this for what it's worth but the hospital is saying she was a great nurse and valued employee and they're deeply saddened by her death.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:40:37 AM EDT
[#30]
I kind of feel bad for those radio guys...
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:41:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know Brits would be the last people to speak ill of the dead so you have to take this for what it's worth but the hospital is saying she was a great nurse and valued employee and they're deeply saddened by her death.

Perhaps so.  When an idiot employee screws the pooch no one is surprised.  When a stellar employee fucks up, it's glaring.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:42:28 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So because I'm not joining a lynch mob to take out a DJ who pranked some nurse, I have no feelings?

Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:42:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Just like Sandusky.  
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:43:23 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just like Sandusky.  

Are you really going to compare anal rape to a phone prank?  Really?

Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:43:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Maybe it is not a suicide. Maybe the Royals had her taken out for leaking info. This whole Royal crap is so retarded and a waste of $$$$. I don't wish Kate or any of them any bad luck but I could care less about her morning sickness. We have our own issues as do the Brits that are much more important/pressing than some pregnant woman puking.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:45:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Just like Sandusky.  

Are you really going to compare anal rape to a phone prank?  Really?  

Emotions are important to the emotional.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:47:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Sad, but her selfish act is  DJs fault.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:47:20 AM EDT
[#38]
How easy would it be for someone who has tons of $$$ and can control the police i.e. The Royals make it look like a suicide when in reality they clipped her.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:47:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

So because I'm not joining a lynch mob to take out a DJ who pranked some nurse, I have no feelings?

Where did I say anything about going after the DJ?  How is empathy the same thing as joining a lynch mob?

Sometimes I do wonder if you suffer from sociopathic tendencies.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:48:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Hurr Durr, lets embarrass the ever living shit out of some random person and fuck with their livelihood.  

I hope they get it 100x in return.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:48:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Very sad.

Wouldn't it be funny if she was actually playing a hoax on the DJs.

It would be hilarious.
Except then it would turn tragic when one of the DJ's offed themselves because of the international ridicule, and we'd all be begging for the nurse to get fired and suffer mental trauma and shit like that.

Quoted:
Hurr Durr, lets embarrass the ever living shit out of some random person and fuck with their livelihood.  

I hope they get it 100x in return.

Yeah, FUCK FREEDOM OF SPEECH!
What the hell did these people do that they deserve any punishment at all?
They called a hospital pretending to be THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND AND HER DOGS.
Jesus Christ you people think everyone is responsible for the actions of EVERY OTHER PERSON with whom they have any interaction?
What village raised you?
The DJ's made a COMPLETELY SUCCESSFUL prank call.
The nurse killed herself.  You may as well hold the media responsible for reporting the call all over the world, otherwise nobody would know.
Or hold the hospital responsible for not having any rules against sharing private medical information over the phone.
The DJ's aren't responsible for knowing if every person they talk to on the phone is so mentally and emotionally fragile that they might kill themselves if they get pranked.
Everybody is sorry the nurse killed herself, but it's not anybody's fault but her own.
SORRY.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:51:11 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where did I say anything about going after the DJ?  How is empathy the same thing as joining a lynch mob?

This thread is full of "fuck those DJ's" "I hope they get sued for millions", and voicing comparisons to a child rapists, and all I said is that people are having knee jerk reactions over this casting blame over some radio guys when the real blame is with the women who killed herself and that most people who would do such a thing are likely not stable to start with.

Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:51:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Humiliation is the No. 1 enemy of happiness, a corrosive life-ruining poison

except on arf  GD

Notice how every thread is turned into a opportunity to strike a commando pose of uber eliteness

time to evolve a little
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:52:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I think legally and morally you’re off base. What you're arguing is that anyone who would kill themselves over a phone prank is obviously unstable and others shouldn't be held accountable for her actions.

I see your point, BUT there are a number of levels where that's just a gross oversimplification. What others are arguing is that some people just can't stand up to the stress of massive public scrutiny. This is something that very few people in their life time will go through. I can't imagine anyone on this forum, you yourself included, have received death threats and hate mail DAILY by the thousands.

This is a young female nurse, completely innocent and randomly victimized by a DJ. I'm not saying they should hang, but if you can't see how they directly contributed to this girl's death there's something wrong with you.

FYI, legal action will be taken and I can guarantee that the courts will see this scenario different than yourself. It's called the "zone of liability" and they fucked up big time.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:54:14 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted: I can't imagine anyone on this forum, you yourself included, have received death threats and hate mail DAILY by the thousands.

And those folks who would do that are loosers of the highest order.  This is an example of complete over reaction, on both sides, to an innocent prank.

Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:54:53 AM EDT
[#46]
The only person to blame here is the mentally disturbed woman who took her life. People face "intercontinental ridicule" all the time without killing themselves. I feel sorry for the family and friends she chose to put in this horrible position of mourning. Radio DJ's didn't cause her suicide, her inability to cope with adversity did.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:55:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

This thread is full of "fuck those DJ's" "I hope they get sued for millions", and voicing comparisons to a child rapists, and all I said is that people are having knee jerk reactions over this casting blame over some radio guys when the real blame is with the women who killed herself and that most people who would do such a thing are likely not stable to start with.

Yeah but you were responding to my post, which merely attempted to consider the sad perspective of the nurse.  Sometimes I wonder if you actually read what you post or what you are responding to.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:56:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Humiliation is the No. 1 enemy of happiness, a corrosive life-ruining poison

except on arf  GD

Notice how every thread is turned into a opportunity to strike a commando pose of uber eliteness

time to evolve a little

The ability to cope with adversity and conflict is the foundation of evolution.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:57:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Maybe it is not a suicide. Maybe the Royals had her taken out for leaking info. This whole Royal crap is so retarded and a waste of $$$$. I don't wish Kate or any of them any bad luck but I could care less about her morning sickness. We have our own issues as do the Brits that are much more important/pressing than some pregnant woman puking.

The royal family is worth a metric shit ton of tourism money

more importantly, the brits think about the royals like we think about george washington, combined with brad pitt and angelina jolie

if one of those little baby royals craps his diaper, they have 500 reporters describing the smell and color to a breathlessly fascinated nation
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:59:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just like Sandusky.  

You kidding right? Or are you just that fucking stupid?

DJs, pretending to be the queen, asked to be transferred to her granddaughter and Saldanha routed the call to the on-duty nurse who gave the DJs a description of Middleton's condition.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top