Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2002 10:57:49 AM EDT
What are the files associated with KLEZ?

I just got an email [red]from [email protected][/red] containing Rock.exe (87.2KB), ATT0004.txt (0 bytes), and button[1].htm (3.87KB). With the following text:

This is a nice game
This game is my first work.
You're the first player.
I wish you would enjoy it.

The mail has the [red]return path of [email protected][/red].Anyone know if this is KLEZ or have I gotten some new animal? This is the second weird mail I've gotten from my business email (also used on my website) the other was 2 files and one of them was catalog.???

Jake
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 11:04:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds klez-ish.

Klez uses exe's, bat's, etc.

The extraneous files may be random files lifted from the sender.  This is often harmless, but can sometimes lead to sensitive data being leaked from an infected computer.

It also can grab a email from the sender's address book to stick in the "from" field, so the person it looks like it came from is likely not the person who is infected.

If it's not Klez, it sounds an awful lot like it, IMHO.

Viper Out
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 11:43:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I am getting weird crap like that too! Mine come up as Klez on the mcafee program. Thank goodness I've kept up with it. I don't open anything up from someone I don't know. I just delete them. When I checked the delete file not long ago I had 19 e-mails with the Klez virus![shock]
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 1:05:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top