Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/16/2002 2:45:11 PM EDT
I here the NY firemen are pissed at him now. Is George still doing a good job? And I don't mean just with the war. But also with the economy. All this big business shit that is going on lately, is it gonna hurt him? Will the economy bring him down like it did George the 1st? I would like to see a second term but I think it may not happen unless the economy gets a lot better.
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 2:54:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/16/2002 2:56:15 PM EDT by KBaker]
Job assessment: Fair Public Relations: Poor Re-electability: Up in the air. Economy: Not good. Combined with PR, really not good. If he signs a bill renewing the AW ban, he's outta there. And the time to feed the hogs gets closer, because there'll be a Dem in the WH and they will smell blood in the water. Edited to revise: If an AW ban extension bill hits his desk, sign it or not, he's outta there. If he signs it, he loses the support of a lot of gun owners. If he doesn't, he loses the support of the "moderate middle." My 2¢
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 3:06:06 PM EDT
I still like Bush. I don't think he is much of a conservative and he sure is dragging his feet getting post-911 security to where it needs to be. I can not and will not support or ever vote for a liberal democrat, so what can one do? While Bush is certainly a disappointment, he beats the hell out of Clinton. The "new tone" has got to go to. Republicans need to get out there and make their case, or the libs are going to destroy America.
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 3:19:12 PM EDT
Christ! Cut the guy some slack! He inherited a recession. His administration saw the worst act of terrorism since Pearl Harbor. A whole slew of corporate scandals shook the market. He's conducting an expensive global war on terror. If the stock market WASN'T in the shi-ter, I'd be surprised. The economy is fundamentally sound, the stock market is slugish because of a lack of investor confidence in corporate reporting. And now, all of a sudden, you're willing to throw in the towel. I bet the Dems are licking their chops. With such spineless, chicken-little comments such as these, it'll be an easy ride for them to the White House. And oh...by the way...kiss your 2nd Amendment liberty goodbye.
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 3:22:10 PM EDT
still?
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 3:28:14 PM EDT
He's doing ok and depending on how he handles things or how they play out he will be doing either really well or really bad. He has way too many pots in the fire. Afganistan, Iraq, Iran, N Korea, China, Mexico, Isreal, Palistien. He has stomped on our civil rights and wants even more power under his control. The entire rest of the world is pissed at his war talk and pre-emptive strike policy with Iraq. We still have the anthrax nut case on the loose. Binladen is still alive. The economy sucks. He can't get anything through congress. If one thing were to go sour everything could fall apart. For example what if Iraq says FU and starts launching scuds into Israel? Does the US even have any available troops to send to the region? What if China decides it's finally going to move on Tiwian? What if N. Korea decides to take S. Korea with China by their side. He's spread too thin and pissing everybody off. He needs to start pulling some of his plans together or he is going to get screwed. Especially if there is another terrorist attack on US soil.
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 3:34:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/16/2002 3:40:29 PM EDT by Dugster]
I like Bush! But then again after clinton/gore anything is better. I am concerned more with the people around Bush, There are some scary right violations going on and they need to be put in check. I think for the next election he will need a new VP and maybe replace some of the foreign policy light weights like Condy Rice. On foreign policy Bush needs to concentrate on what is best for America not her allies and so called friends. The Western world is going to be facing some big monsters soon and priorities need to be straight. War with iraq could be dangerous politically especially if the regime change is up in the air at election time and how much getting rid of saddam will cost the American tax payer and if the American tax payer does or does not have a job to pay for the taxes. I agree the guy's running PR for this administration are failing and should be replaced if they run the re-election campaign Bush will lose. The AW ban is also a political landmine for Bush either way. If this war on terrorism degenerates into a "war on drugs" type of operation, that will hurt Bush Too. The costs could easily get out of hand and again the tax payer will suffer and the dem's will jump all over him for not getting the "terrorists". Also if this war on terrorism and iraq and possibly some other unforeseen situation depletes military personal, a draft would not help Bush at home and look to the average voter as a failure especially if young Americans start dying. Bush could begin showing a little more leadership and not be afraid to wander outside of the party lines and connect with Americans the way he did during the campaign.
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 3:53:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By agtm: still?
View Quote
hehehe
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 3:55:24 PM EDT
Oh, so now the NY firemen are mad at him. Let me guess, money? Raises? NYC consistently elects liberal mayors and RINOs (look up the term), and now the [i]president[/i] is responsible for their woes? How much more bullshit needs to come out of NY and NYC (Schumer and Hitlery) before [i]nobody[/i] gives a shit if or when the nuke hits it?
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 4:34:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/16/2002 5:02:36 PM EDT by Fearandloathing37]
While I like Bush and voted for him, I have to say that the advise he is being given since Sept 11 is so bad as to be a danger to our national survival. The National fury for a war on terrorism after 9-11 has been squandered. The Nation has been allowed to break up into squabling little intrest groups each staking out their own war or anti-war on terror agenda. We have adopted the Policy of WAR WITHOUT INCONVENIANCE, which has backfired misrably. We have all the War retoric but take no military action. No one gets drafted, very, very few deaths (So little as to be already totaly forgotten about by 90% of the American public, Military pundits talking about hair brained rapid strike, bloodless George Armstrong Custer like stratigies that if we are to believe them, will hand us up the Iraqi regime on a silver platter for little or no effort, with say the use of no more than, say oh, A company of troops.) (Dripping with sarcasm) Somebody sold Bush on the Idea that you could fight a global war on terror like it was a Madison Ave Advertising Campaign, and we are all going to be happy unbothered consumers of the product, right up to the point when down town Bagdad turns into down town Staligrad or the Israeli's nuke half the civilian population of Iraq off the face of the earth and we end up in a massive war agaist China, Who will come in on the side of Iraq, in the intrests of protecting the Arab World from the American imperialist warmongers. Bush needs to quite taking Advise from the Tom Clancy reading secret agent men. Quite telling us horse sh*t like well we are doing something about terror, but it's a new kinda war and you in the American public are not smart enough to understand it, So everything we are doing is secret. (Was'nt that what Nixon told us all about Cambodia?) Bush needs to quit telling us lies so transparent that a 11 year old could see though them (Trust Me, despite what they say, the plan to attack Iraq was approved months ago, any statement to the contrary is as big a lie as "I did not have sex with that woman") and Lay out his Iraq Evidence on the table in a national telivised address, much as Kennedy did during the Cuban Missle Crisis, With Charts and Sat Photos and every bit of Damning evidence we have on Saddam. Then and only then will we be able to go to war with any semblance of national unity.
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 5:13:47 PM EDT
The context Bush is playing into is the November election. The next two years and then the ensuing four years come down to the next General election. He's moved toward the center if he was not there already. Some in his base condemn him for that. They would be better off with what? Like every President once they get past the mid-term elections their path is much clearer. Not easier but clearer. Any conservative worth their salt will work hard between now and November to get the trusted vote out. We want the Senate back. And a safer majority in the House. Then fuck McCain, Jeffords and the other "moderates" who wear and "R". Oh yeah, and the cabinet could use a little polishing next term. And maybe Rumsfeld for VP.
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 5:25:37 PM EDT
First of all even with all the hatred I have for FDNY righ now, I must say they didn't start this. It is because of the money he promised and then cut for new radios and communication. This was coming out of the Emergency Fund promised to the City. I forget exactly where it started I read it today in Newsday. All Fire and Police were waiting for the money to be given. They were going to ask for $$$$ for Homeland Security. Now lets see why it was cut. Like every other bill that goes in there were provisions for things that didn't relate to the Emergency fund. It is time Congress and special interest groups stop this Bull Shit. They will screw anyone to get their dig in. It was not Bush who said no because of the Communication money needed. He said no because of the other things thrown in with it. FDNY better get their ass straight they are here t save lives and put out fires not support Special Interest Groups. The Hell with all of them. I really want to never mind.
Top Top