Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2001 10:50:34 AM EDT
I knew it had to happen sooner or later. As of April 30th Photopoint will no longer be a free service. They're charging $9.95 or $19.95 for memberships. That's per year so I guess it's not that bad. But you would think that with all the ad revenue generated by their users they could have kept it a free service.
Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 10:57:10 AM EDT
[#1]
BASTAGES!
There has to be others available?
\keep em on Idrive.com or 50megs.com some other free host
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 11:13:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Screw em. Looks like I will have to find another site to store pics. [:(] Milldude
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 11:32:31 AM EDT
[#3]
 You have access to the internet, obviously. Write your own web page, post it with your ISP provider and link images to it.  There are also websites that allow you to write your own web page and post it on their servers.
 If you take the time to learn this simple process, you will never again be at the mercy of those evil websites.

Link Posted: 4/7/2001 11:33:07 AM EDT
[#4]
There are tons of online storage websites. F**k Photopoint!!!!

Tyler [-!-]
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 11:52:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Let's hear about a few alternative sites.  I haven't looked around yet.

Thx
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 11:52:45 AM EDT
[#6]
So, do we need to delete what we have at Photopoint?
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 11:54:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
I am as we "speak" [:D] Milldude
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 1:05:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not happening here, it was free when I signed up if they block me out they can delete my stuff. Why should I mike it easy on them?

Jake
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 1:09:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm sure when you don't pay up, photopoint will delete your account.  I for one ain't paying.  I use [url]www.tripod.com[/url] but photopoint was convenient.

[url]www.zing.com[/url]
[url]www.freepichosting.com[/url]

There are others!!  You could flat get twenty dollared to death on the internet.  I ain't paying!!
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 1:12:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for putting up the other options akrazy.

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 1:38:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Obviously they are hurting. Unless the other companies follow & start charging fees, they will be history soon enough. Anyone with half a brain will just use another service. I hate Photopoint since they changed the format anyway.
Feed 'em fish heads.
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 1:42:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I signed up for a PhotoPoint account about a year ago.  I could never get it to work right.  I then got a honesty.com account and for the few pictures that I have to post, it works out ok.

OSA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top