Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/1/2012 8:00:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm funneling as much as possible into real estate, especially my homestead exempt property.  I built a building, paid off a 2nd mort, and have aggressively paid down the first.

With obama in for another 4 years, the equity markets are for shit, unless you are inside a trading firm and can make markets you manipulate.

Bonds, they don't pay enough.

.gov has basically killed the markets.  

What we really need is some good old fashioned double-digit inflation.
Link Posted: 12/2/2012 12:03:27 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Looks like you folks in the U.S. are in for yet another rough ride, and we are not immune to it.

The purse tightening started here right after your Presidential election, and the frugality of spending habits here has exponentially increased.

Money markets are moving to proven resource based investments and distancing from R&D parlays that are heavily based in the U.S.
The tax bomb that is about to be dropped on your economy is going to be devastating to say the least to those who live in the blast zone.

The collateral damage will be felt world wide but will be tolerable when the big money market players move assets global and stimulate economies with a better future.
Investing in the U.S. these days may be a pipe dream for patriots, but the rest of the world is bailing.
Obama is getting his wish.

It's really sad and painful to witness.  I figure my own job is toast in 2-4 years if the President and Senate insist on budgeting via debt and crisis-showdowns.

My salary comes from the feds unfortunately.

I have nothing saved, aside from a 401k.  I have been paying off creditors for the last 6 years.  My net is my father, who socked it all away in gold starting in 2002.

Link Posted: 12/2/2012 12:33:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I moved into 75% cash and 25% stocks in December 2011 in my 401k account.  

I would have been buying dividend stocks in my personal account except for this fiscal cliff business.

The only problem, is that I don't trust either cash or stocks (even less) to amount to more that 40% of my portfolio. The balance should be filled with something (else).
I don't have a choice between cash or stocks.  The choice with stocks is capitalization size of the companies and if they are foreign are not.

Of course you do, Dude.

Go to assets you can hold, (or walk on). Land, AG (i.e. Cows or other livestock),  and / or foriegn currency, we're only talking a few thousand of each. IOW diversify.

Think, how do I hide this shit from the taxman?

Uh, I don't see those choices on my Fidelity webpage.

Link Posted: 12/2/2012 2:07:12 AM EDT
[#4]
<-------- one year from retiring.

Short answer.  HELL YES!

I've been acquiring my company's stock through payroll deduction & DRIP since 1985.  It's time to take the cap gains hit and liquidate.  15% cap gains tax beats the hell out of what ever will come 1-1-2013.  I am going to be writing a bigassed check to the IRS in April.

Link Posted: 12/2/2012 2:20:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I moved my entire 401(k) over to stable value / bonds within minutes of Obama being reelected. We are fooked.
Link Posted: 12/2/2012 2:29:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Be scared,,,very very scared.
Link Posted: 12/2/2012 5:23:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Your post is confusing.  There's a difference between changing an investment election and taking a distribution from a qualified retirement plan.

Does the "mutual fund store" offer a money market mutual fund?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top