Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2002 1:56:46 PM EDT
[RANT MODE ON!!!!!]
This afternoon I was returning an article a friend of mine brought down for me to read. The ensuing conversation turned to politics (I know sticky issue). Somewhere along the line he mentioned the MTV?(VH1?) show when the Firefighters booed Bill & Hillary. The booing was edited out and applause was edited in(how typical). I mentioned a clip that I saw where a NY policeman (Possibly fireman, can't remember which)got up on stage and said (paraphrasing)"UBL can blow me...Hillary Clinton can kiss my Big white Irish ASS!" which resulted in an overwhelming ovation from the audience! I went on to say that I was surprised to see that on TV but I agreed 100% and then some. At the precise moment I said "white ass" I saw his cube mate give me an evil eye, which I did not acknowledge. The conversation ended a few nimutes later and I went back to my office. A few minutes after that Jim comes in and asks me if I've got a second. No prob, man what's up? Uh lets go back here. ?????? Okay whatever, what's the problem? The problem it turns out was that I "offended" this thin skinned POS. He didn't even recall my saying anything offensive. I instantly knew what I said that offended her (beside complaining about liberal Democrats) and repeated it verbatem to keep it in context. Now I was pissed that she didn't have the balls to tell me right then and there that I offended her. Had she done so I would have instantly appologized as it was not my goal to offend her. But NO she had to send Jim down. What a friggin POFS!!!  After a few obsceneties and telling Jim precicly where she could go, what she could do there, and how really felt about it all we went back out to my office.

After thinking of how friggin cowardly this lady was I REALLY started to get P.O.ed.(Most people in my office curse like sailors [some are sailors] and think along the same general lines as I do). I spoke my mind some more and went to my supervisors office to give them a heads up, in case the Colonel wanted to talk to them about me. Just some good CYA on my part. The official recommendation was for me to go appologize. I simply stated that I didn't think that I wanted to do that. You should have seen the look on their faces "Oh shit here he goes...SGT Davis is gonna stand his line again on grounds of "principles" this is gonna be ugly". My blood was boiling by this time and I'm telling a Senior Master SGT "F*** her, I don't care what she thinks. If she was so interested in my PRIVATE conversation, she would have understood the context of what I said, and that they weren't my own words, and if she was so darn offended she would have said something..blah blah blah...screw her...blah blah blah...don't care what the Colnel says I'm still right, and I'm not appologizing for what I said..." They had the look of true concern, like they could see me augering in when "IT" comes up with the big wigs. I asked Doug if he had a smoke (I haven't had one in a while) "here take two"!!!! So long story short I went out and had a smoke calmed down and tried to plan my attact errr appology. I prayed all the way to her office that GOD give me some patience, wisdom, and self control. Worked like a charm. I told her that I was sorry she was offended at what I said, but I was having a PRIVATE conversation and was simply quoting something from TV. The &#^ *#@& Mother &&$#**# B&#(*& just smiled and said "I accept your appology". I wanted to put the heel of my friggin boot right across that fat smugg azz smile she had on her face! I had to appologize because someone was offended? WTF I offend people everyday, usually it's unintentional, sometimes it is intentional. Had I not appologized I would have been standing in front of the COL and the Sergeant Major getting the butt chewing of my life! I really really wanted to make an issue of it, but decided to choose my battles more wisely. The real kicker (to me anyway)is that this lady has a history of problems, they're all against white people, and typically white men(if not all). Prfessional Victims can KMMFA!!! Affirmative Action has definately lived past its usefullness.[/RANT MODE OFF]

Sorry to be so long winded, but I had to get this off my chest.
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 2:06:39 PM EDT
[#1]
What a freakin' loonie.  I wonder if she's pissed cuz someone isn't there to dress her in the mornings.....
Sounds like a good candidate for the Clue by four.
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 2:11:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 2:14:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 2:17:53 PM EDT
[#4]
DoubleFeed,

I hear ya man. I'm sure you can imagine hao something like that would have been handled in the barracks! THE SERIOUS LACK OF BALLS is what got me in the first place. Then the fact that I'd have to fight EVERYBODY in my chain of command over EO issues. Not worth the battle, but I REALLY REALLY wanted to fight it. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

PONY_DRIVER
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 2:18:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Tell HER she can kiss MY lilly ass!!![50]
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 2:22:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 2:28:12 PM EDT
[#7]
The most dangerous people in the work world are those who know how to use the system to screw you.

I had a malicious boss who would yell at people till they were in tears, but would always wait till few people were around, then call people down individually after hours, when no one was nearby to witness the arse-chewing.  Other times he would ask one person to stay after a meeting, wait till everyone was gone, then yell till they were in tears.

He screwed me once by repeatedly telling me by phone how he was writing me into a monthly report that I was adding 0 measured value to his project (had been pulled off it and was working 50 hours a week on another project in another facility, but it was for another boss)  After 3 months of harassment, I finally emailed him my first response (big mistake, recorded trail of evidence, unlike his phone calls) and simply said that "I am proud to be adding 0 added value to your project, as it shows the flawed data collection system and how it can't account for changes in schedule.  Hopefully my 0 added value will stimulate managers to change how they measure progress.

He forwarded that email to every boss up the food chain, back down to me, and I got a long lecture on showing respect for bosses and the data they collect.  No one ever heard his harassing phone calls for 3 months that led to my email.

Long story short, leave no trail or witnesses.  If you want revenge on her, think of a clever way to get offended by her and demand the same respect and apology in the future.

Link Posted: 8/15/2002 3:11:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 3:19:52 PM EDT
[#9]
In the real world you'd have been sent to [s]reeducation camps[/s] sensitivity training if you weren't fired.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 3:39:06 PM EDT
[#10]
It sounds like her intolerance and eavesdropping are creating a hostile work environment and causing you severe emotional distress.  Perhaps you should file a complaint.
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 4:05:59 PM EDT
[#11]
....it's not so bad where I work, but a few of us have developed a stock phrase whenever we get any kind of pressure from, or even confronted by, the liberal ninnies: "So, what shop order do you charge when eavesdropping on private conversations?"
It works because we're a government contractor, and while it's a very amiable workplace, you will get anally raped by a 10 foot pole with spikes if you mischarge. It usually sends a message.

I was going to say what I'd do in the situation given, but once I put together female, AA, and 'kiss my white ass', I realized there'd be no point. No matter how in the clearone might be, those three facts spell out 'you are fucked' in huge neon.
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 4:19:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Get her a copy of the tape. Hand it to her personally and say "I hope this will clear things up, again I'm sorry for offending you."

On top of that...be as nice as you can be to her. Treat her like she's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Liberals know what they do when they react politcally correct. They know they infuriate conservatives with their "sensitive" bs they spew. Wait until she says something that "offends" you and return the favor of reporting her. Voila'!

If this is the way she wants live in the workplace...so be it. Don't let her know that it has gotten to you. Liberals thrive on issues and not solutions. This will confuse her. When you atually have "solved" your insensitivity...it's in her court now. How do I know? I work with liberals everyday and I absolutely destroy their arguements and idealogies with a smile. If they cross the imaginery "line", I react they way they do. It's the only way to show them their ridiculous "sensitivity".

Good luck,
[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top