Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/15/2002 7:12:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/15/2002 7:19:06 AM EDT by dangerousdan]
I have been sleeping on a king size water bed for going on twenty years. The wife does not care for it a whole lot. I thought I would see if it is possible to drop in a regular mattress since the bed itself is a nice piece of furniture. I understand a California king or a Western king mattress will drop right in. Has anyone done this or can verify this is true before I drop a grand on a mattress that I may or may not be able to use?
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 7:32:22 AM EDT
How about getting a mattress pad for her side.. I sometimes sleep with my camping pad on to of my waterbed mattress---for those nights when you really need a little firmness......back problems anyone?
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 7:44:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/15/2002 7:59:24 AM EDT by Boomer]
We switched from a waterbed to a regular mattress 5 years ago. We simply bought a whole new solid oak bedroom set for our room. The waterbed was still in good shape and had a really nice headboard, too, so I just chopped up the side rails and footboard and made them into a stand to convert the headboard to a freestanding piece. Then I bought a frame and mattress set, bolted it to the headboard, and put it in the room of one of my daughters. Great way to re-use the old waterbed frame.
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 7:51:52 AM EDT
I have a California king waterbed, all wood, headboard, drawers in the sides, etc. I just dropped a Cali king size regular mattress in. No problem. No alterations at all. It fit right inside the sideboards.
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 11:49:24 AM EDT
Dan, ditto what LarryG said. We did it last year and were able to leave the rails in place. It was a perfect fit.
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 12:03:20 PM EDT
LARRYG & Fox, That's exactly what I needed to know. Thanks
Top Top