Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/14/2002 8:09:02 AM EDT
My wife bought a Handspring PDA a few months ago and after getting addicted to it, it stopped working for her. She wants another one, but she doesn't want to have to enter her data every few months into another replacement PDA. Her requirements are low, no word processing, no movies or pics, color isn't even required. She does require a fair share of memory to keep her Mary Kay orders and contact info on, as well as her day job info. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 8:26:54 AM EDT
I've been using the same palm IIIx for over 3 years at least. I do contacts, appoinments, (ACT), limited e-mail, a few games, and a bunch of utility type stuff, like expenses, mileage, real-time score-keeping for my LL teams, and even my gun inventory (cool little program). I use the screen covers, and travel with it in a rubber armored case, and that's about it. No color, but can do pics and such. Not the Kewlest, but has been a workhorse for me! I upgraded the memory myself, though I forget how much I have. Thinking of adding one of the big keyboards, but maybe not. It's not supposed to be a laptop!?
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 8:48:02 AM EDT
i use a hack program called afterburner. you can set the clock speed from 16mhz up to 33mhz. i run my palmIIIe at 30mhz with no problems. any higher and it gets a bit unstable. i actually like this old dinosaur better than my sony.
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 12:26:21 PM EDT
Jeez I have using my Palm V since it came out (what is that 4, 5 years now?). Just the basics, calendar, notes, phone numbers. I use the "To Do" list for shopping lists (get item, check it off). My only complaints: The digitizer has to be reset every couple of weeks. Have to PAY for new O/S upgrades. I bought the Palm because they advertised that all O/S upgrades would be free, ya right! Bastards! As for backup's, plenty of cross PDA backup software out there. Hope she installed the desktop software on her computer and sync'd regularlly. Then she won't have to re-enter her information.
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 12:44:53 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Frontsight-: My wife bought a Handspring PDA a few months ago and after getting addicted to it, it stopped working for her.
View Quote
Should still be under warranty then.
She wants another one, but she doesn't want to have to enter her data every few months into another replacement PDA.
View Quote
Not necessary. Just get the new Palm, and perform a HotSync with the PC that has been used to hotsync the previous one. Voila! Everything is back on the new Palm just the way it was on the old one. Any suggestions?
View Quote
Get a Palm IIIc from ebay, preferrably one in NIB condition. Still the best bang for the buck.
Top Top