Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2002 8:01:17 AM EDT
Flame me if you want.

Is anyone as sick of this crap as me? We are losing more and more freedoms and rights as each week goes by. I am really, really pissed that I can't afford to by an M16 now because some idiot senator from NJ in 1986 decided that they were evil and slipped a backdoor ban into a firearms protection law in the midnite hour.

I am sick to death that the same gov't decided that I can't be allowed to have a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds. What, the 11th is the most deadly one?

Compromise. Let's see. I want all your guns. Compromise and just give me half right now and that will be fair. I'll get the others later on.

You can have a gun made prior to this date, but you can't have the same thing with certain features because you can't be trusted after this date. Same gun. Same bullet. You can't be trusted, son.

The TSA guy, who was a Jap detainee in WW2, says that any search in an airport is legal because YOU EXPECT TO BE SEARCHED MORE after 9/11. You expect it. Don't complain. I don't know about you guys, I don't give up my freedoms and control over my life easily.  Personally, I think that new mothers having to drink their own breast milk is beyond wrong. I think that 80 year old MOH recipients do not need to be hand searched and made to give up their medals and presentation articles because they have a 1 way ticket to West Point. I think that current US Senators do not need to strip for a search to show they have a medically implanted plate because of fear!

I think it's wrong that these new airport security dweebs are now the new big brother. They have now busted how many airline pilots for SUSPECTED DWI? They now can dictate what you can bring with you, if you can pass muster, search all your personal belongings, search a woman's bag on the tarmac, in full view of all passengers and make her pull out a vibrator and hold it up so they can see it? Where does this crap stop? These dolts don't even need to graduate high school and they are now Federal agents.

Don't resist an attack. Let the police handle it. You'll more than likely be shot with your own gun.... Where were the professionals at when 6000+ people needed them on 9/11? Why can this same government take away your ability to defend your own life when you need it the most and then not be there as promised?

You can't be trusted with a machinegun, son. You can't be trusted with a semi auto military looking rifle. You can't be trusted with more than 10 rounds...

I am so, so sick of this crap. Why don't we rise up against this????

I am an engineer. I am educated. I make 60K+ a year. I can't afford an M16. Hell, I can't afford another preban. This same government has decided that I make too much and takes fully 1/3 or my net pay for child support, for one child. I haven't seen my only child since the divorce and she was 1. She is now almost 17. I can't afford an M16 because I am losing my rights more and more every day and I am sick of it. I can't even see my daughter because I need to go to court to get another order to enforce the original order. I guess if I had an M16, I could play Jack booted thug and enforce my will on my ex and get to see my daughter just like this same government enforces it's will on all of us....

That's irony at it's best.
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 8:13:19 AM EDT
[#1]
[img]http://www.tampasportsauthority.com/images2/Events/Billy-Graham.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.exeter.ox.ac.uk/img/A/A-choir.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 8:13:19 AM EDT
[#2]
If you don't harness all of that negative energy, and turn it into positive votes, then you are as much of the problem as the politicians!
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 8:14:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Question is "What are U doing about it?

1. Are you an NRA  member??
2. GOA member?
3. Do you vote consistently??
4. Do you write letters to the editor?
5. Do you write your congress critter??
6. Have you written any Cabinet level officials?
7. Have you written the Prez??
8. Do you call in to talk radio??
9. Do you volunteer in gun rights organizations??
10.Do you call/email your COngress critters???
11.Are you a member of your state gun owners assoc??
12.Do you patiently, gently instruct your co-workers, family, friends, church folk and educate them about firearms??

What ARE you doing? Kvetching on the internet ain't gonna get it done.

(Not intended as a flame)

Link Posted: 8/14/2002 8:15:07 AM EDT
[#4]
most of it is shit.  About your kid, She is now almost 17.  two more years dude.  then you can cut her off.

but i suggest you send her a card and try to get in touch with her.  she may not be a bad person.  if you can establish a relation ship with her you may deside she is worth your time to keep paying for four more years and send her to college.  that would make you a realy cool dad.      
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 8:17:17 AM EDT
[#5]
PS- If you net 40K a year after Child Support and still can't afford a pre-ban, might I suggest you hire an accountant.
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 8:23:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I haven't seen my only child since the divorce and she was 1. She is now almost 17. I can't afford an M16 because I am losing my rights more and more every day and I am sick of it. I can't even see my daughter because I need to go to court to get another order to enforce the original order. I guess if I had an M16, I could play Jack booted thug and enforce my will on my ex and get to see my daughter just like this same government enforces it's will on all of us....

That's irony at it's best.
View Quote

This would appear to be a parenting issue, that you walked away from, when you consented to a divorce...  Therefore, any lack of interaction with your child, would mean a lack of interest on your part!

If you wanted to see her and be a part of her life, you would find a way!

To give up a child and then whine about not being able to afford an M16, I would suggest you are not responsible enough to deserve either of them.
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 8:42:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Question is "What are U doing about it?

1. Are you an NRA  member??  Yes
2. GOA member? Yes
3. Do you vote consistently?? Yes
4. Do you write letters to the editor?  No
5. Do you write your congress critter??  Yes
6. Have you written any Cabinet level officials? No
7. Have you written the Prez?? Yes
8. Do you call in to talk radio?? No
9. Do you volunteer in gun rights organizations??  No
10.Do you call/email your COngress critters???  Yes
11.Are you a member of your state gun owners assoc?? Yes
12.Do you patiently, gently instruct your co-workers, family, friends, church folk and educate them about firearms??  Yes

What ARE you doing? Kvetching on the internet ain't gonna get it done.

(Not intended as a flame)

View Quote

I guess I could do better...but 8 of 12 (75%) is better than most gun owners. You can always tell someone who answers "NO" to all the questions...they are the ones that always have an excuse that they are too busy, but yell the loudest about restrictions and the loss of gun rights!
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 1:04:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This would appear to be a parenting issue, that you walked away from, when you consented to a divorce...  Therefore, any lack of interaction with your child, would mean a lack of interest on your part!

If you wanted to see her and be a part of her life, you would find a way!

To give up a child and then whine about not being able to afford an M16, I would suggest you are not responsible enough to deserve either of them.
View Quote

You know what happens when you assume - so I won't go into it. You obviously missed the whole point of the post. Your powers of deducing the obvious are blinding.

It is a parenting issue. I sued her for divorce, after she moved out of state to an undisclosed location, hired an attorney to represent her and then promptly lost the divorce. She has refused to allow me legal visitation on so many occasions I have lost count. Getting local law to enforce the visitation order is a joke because they don't have to. I need to go back to court in her area to get it enforced. But then our state agency here has deemed it correct to have me pay $1000 a month and not enforce visitation. Maybe it all is my fault But then, that's what happens when you assume.

This post is about intervention and restriction. Loss of freedom and government gone wild, for the reading comprehension-impared.

How many more laws need to be enacted? How many morerestrictions on so called "rights" before people get fed up and act?

BTW, Anti, I fought for my country. I spent 4 years in the army and have fired shots in anger in a combat zone. I have taken lives, with an M16. You don't have the right to judge me as to what I "deserve". What have you done for your country ever?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top