Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/13/2002 11:03:24 AM EDT
I need to know the procedure for moving intrastate w/ NFA toys. In the last year, I have aquired 2- A .30 Suppressor and 1 MG. Is Maryland a NFA state? I hope so...
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 11:06:17 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 11:09:06 AM EDT
Yes, Maryland is NFA. [size=6]N[/size=6]o [size=6]F[/size=6]irearms [size=6]A[/size=6]llowed [}:D]
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 11:16:33 AM EDT
As Garandman said MD is NFA friendly. VA & PA are better as far as gun laws go (in general). To move our NFA items, you will need to submit form 5320.20 and get it approved before you go. See [url]www.titleii.com[/url] for a copy of the form.
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 11:16:36 AM EDT
Yes, Maryland allows NFA weapons, just no CCW unless you have a "good reason." Mind you I don't know the regulations, but make sure you have your transfer papers and always carry a copy with you. The NRA website should have the applicable laws.
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 11:16:44 AM EDT
McU - if you want to see what kind of state you're moving to (and for anybody else who wants to see a pretty dark vision of the future,) please read Maryland Attorney General Joseph Curran's [i]A Farewell to Arms[/i], his manifesto of how he plans to disarm Maryland and the nation. You can read it here: [url]www.oag.state.md.us/Press/guns.pdf[/url]
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 11:18:18 AM EDT
Originally Posted By garandman: Yes, Maryland is NFA. [size=6]N[/size=6]o [size=6]F[/size=6]irearms [size=6]A[/size=6]llowed [}:D]
View Quote
diss
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 11:35:13 AM EDT
Originally Posted By KBaker: You can read it here: [url]www.oag.state.md.us/Press/guns.pdf[/url]
View Quote
Ouch... The good thing is with the transfer to MD instead of CO, I can have my hardware, since the facility where I will be living permits gunz. Bad news is, the state I am moving to wants to ban them. Good thing it's a temporary situation. Although, "temporary situations" have been known to become permanent if the person gets too comfy.
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 1:05:42 PM EDT
Originally Posted By McUZI: Good thing it's a temporary situation. Although, "temporary situations" have been known to become permanent if the person gets too comfy.
View Quote
Heh. My wife and I have been 'temporarily' living in Northern VA since '93.
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 1:17:11 PM EDT
If I remember correctly, the job itself required you to forfeit your RKBA. How is this going to work?
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 1:26:37 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BenDover: If I remember correctly, the job itself required you to forfeit your RKBA. How is this going to work?
View Quote
Originally Posted By McUZI: Ouch... The good thing is with the transfer to MD instead of CO, I can have my hardware, since the facility where I will be living permits gunz.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 1:33:04 PM EDT
Ahhh... my bad. I thought it was a job-based limitation, not a facility-based one. I would be happy to babysit your NFA weapons for a couple of years. Tweet and I will take good care of them and see to it they get plenty of food, oil, and exercise.
Top Top