Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 11/19/2012 6:58:30 PM EDT
A federal judge today ruled against Hobby Lobby by making them provid the morning after and weekly after pill on their company insurance.  Hobby Lobby is a Christian owned company who's owner ownes Mardel's, a Christian bookstore.  The company faces fines up to 1.3 million dollars a day if they don't comply.  Anybody else love Obama care.  Can you believe this crap?
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:01:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
A federal judge today ruled against Hobby Lobby by making them provid the morning after and weekly after pill on their company insurance.  Hobby Lobby is a Christian owned company who's owner ownes Mardel's, a Christian bookstore.  The company faces fines up to 1.3 million dollars a day if they don't comply.  Anybody else love Obama care.  Can you believe this crap?

They need to make all their employees part-timers if they're serious about their views.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:01:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I would close the business the day after the ruling came out.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:03:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Correct me if I am wrong but the judge only denied an emergency injunction.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:05:36 PM EDT
[#4]
They are not changing their views.  Can't believe this is being enforced by a federal government.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:05:59 PM EDT
[#5]
The morning after pill is an abortion?
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:07:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I don't know.  They didn't say that on Fox news.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:09:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

The morning after pill is an abortion?

That was my first thought. I have no idea what the weekly after pill is, so I refrained from commenting, just in case.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:10:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

With most businesses, faced with a 1m+/day fine, I don't think the difference matters.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:10:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Misleading title is misleading.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:11:17 PM EDT
[#10]
No more Revell 1:48 scale B 17Gs for a buck twenty five ?
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:13:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Morning after pill != abortion

Threadfail.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:13:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Well fuck my multitasking this weekend.

I was going to buy a ball of yarn and knock up the hottie at the register

Now I have rub one out in the vacant picture frame aisle
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:14:03 PM EDT
[#13]
The title is NOT misleading if you believe life starts at the moment of conception.  Many do.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:14:08 PM EDT
[#14]
All of my employees would suddenly become 39 hour employees.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:16:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:16:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

The title is NOT misleading if you believe life starts at the moment of conception.  Many do.

I do. The fact remains that the morning after pill is generally thought to not stop implantation of a fertilized egg. So your title is misleading and one assumes purposefully inflammatory, unless you do change it.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:21:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I do. The fact remains that the morning after pill is generally thought to not stop implantation of a fertilized egg. So your title is misleading and one assumes purposefully inflammatory, unless you do change it.  

And furthermore...

An army of lawyers will descend upon the OP with court order injunctions directing OP to rewrite or withdraw his post.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:22:49 PM EDT
[#18]
It doesn't matter if it is abortion or not.  Hobby Lobby is being forced by the federal government to provide a good or service that they disagree with on religious grounds.

If you agree they should be forced to do this, you are part of the problem in this country.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:23:12 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And furthermore...

An army of lawyers will descend upon the OP with court order injunctions directing OP to rewrite or withdraw his post.

I know, but I feel emotional hyperbole is a crutch of the left. I hate to see our side yield to it.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:25:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Cut all employees to part time.  Problem Solved.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:25:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Ella, the so called "week-after pill" can cause an abortion.  Research it.  Don't believe me.  The most important part of my post is the Feds stuffing Obama care down our throats.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:26:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Unreal!!!!  Now even PRIVATELY OWNED CHRISTIAN-BASED COMPANIES are being forced into running their business against their beliefs???

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:26:19 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

It doesn't matter if it is abortion or not.  Hobby Lobby is being forced by the federal government to provide a good or service that they disagree with on religious grounds.

If you agree they should be forced to do this, you are part of the problem in this country.

It does matter, if you want to be truthful. I doubt anyone on Arfcom thinks a private business should be forced to do anything other than pay taxes, and some of us even oppose that! There's simply no need to lie or mislead. Leave that to the Libs.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:26:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Agreed. Unfortunately, the feds are heavily involved in healthcare, and that there be the law.

Sucks for Hobby Lobby.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:28:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unreal!!!!  Now even PRIVATELY OWNED CHRISTIAN-BASED COMPANIES are being forced into running their business against their beliefs???

In the future the government will be allowed to force any company or any individual into doing whatever they want or you will be "Taxed".  If you don't pay your "Tax", you get to go to jail.

It's coming soon enough.  I never would have thought it, but the fedgov is completely out of control.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:28:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Edited...VA-gunnut

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:28:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they were Muslim and bitched though...Things would be different.  They could have the child and then stone them for catching them fucking a goat.

Or looking at a member of the opposite sex.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:29:45 PM EDT
[#28]
I do think you need to change the title of this thread OP.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:30:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:

It does matter, if you want to be truthful. I doubt anyone on Arfcom thinks a private business should be forced to do anything other than pay taxes, and some of us even oppose that! There's simply no need to lie or mislead. Leave that to the Libs.  

No, it doesn't matter.  Not at all.  

I assume you agree the fedgov can force a company to provide birth control (or anything else they deem "a right") to their employees.

Sorry, but that is a huge problem and you are seriously mistaken.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:32:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:34:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Honestly, the fedgov should not be allowed to force anyone to do anything other than pay a fair tax with everyone paying the exact same rate.

This country is fucked up big time.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:34:51 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Edited...VA-gunnut

What are you saying about my mother?

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:35:04 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I assume you agree the fedgov can force a company to provide birth control (or anything else they deem "a right") to their employees.

You assume incorrectly. I am in the group I described above that thinks the government shouldn't even tax businesses, much less force benefits, minimum wages, or other regulations upon them. But thanks for playing! For the record, I feel. The truth matters a great deal, otherwise you are spouting an agenda and not facts. Our side will win if and because we adhere to the truth, not because we out bullshit the bullshitters.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:36:07 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Would that be the same Fox News that was convinced that Romney was going to win in a landslide?

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:37:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Ya for large over reaching government

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:37:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

You assume incorrectly. I am in the group I described above that thinks the government shouldn't even tax businesses, much less force benefits, minimum wages, or other regulations upon them. But thanks for playing! For the record, I feel. The truth matters a great deal, otherwise you are spouting an agenda and not facts. Our side will win if and because we adhere to the truth, not because we out bullshit the bullshitters.  

Again, It doesn't matter what the business is being forced to do.  You agree with me they shouldn't be forced to do anything.  

Give it a rest.  We have bigger problems then you going all OCD on titles posted on AR15.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:39:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
All of my employees would suddenly become 39 hour employees.

Full time is now officially 28 hours starting Jan 1st.    And, the Feds are going to try to force a new minimal wage for full timers.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:42:40 PM EDT
[#38]
First Post
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:43:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Call their bluff. Let fed-gov martyr them out of existence.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:45:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Edited...VA-gunnut

What are you saying about my mother?  

Pixels. Only pixels.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:45:33 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Again, It doesn't matter what the business is being forced to do.  You agree with me they shouldn't be forced to do anything.  

Give it a rest.  We have bigger problems then you going all OCD on titles posted on AR15.  

I agree. But we'll never solve anything with hyperbole and trumped up, inflammatory rhetoric. We have to win on the issues and the truth. I'd love to say we should resort to any means necessary, but then we become the other side. We can't travel down the same road as them, just at a different speed, we'll still end up in the same place. We have to change direction. It's not about titles as much as it is about being truthful. How we turn this nation around is as important as turning it around.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:48:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I agree. But we'll never solve anything with hyperbole and trumped up, inflammatory rhetoric. We have to win on the issues and the truth. I'd love to say we should resort to any means necessary, but then we become the other side. We can't travel down the same road as them, just at a different speed, we'll still end up in the same place. We have to change direction. It's not about titles as much as it is about being truthful. How we turn this nation around is as important as turning it around.  

.... says the guy wearing Captain America Underoos.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:49:41 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

.... says the guy wearing Captain America Underoos.

No way. Mormon underwear here.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:51:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Of course life begins at the moment of conception. When does personhood begin? When is the loose collection of cells imbued with a soul? I daresay nobody here is qualified to answer.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:05:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Thank you Roberts
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:08:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

More do not.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:16:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

More do not.

You can not argue that life does not begin at the moment of conception.  If it isn't life, what is it?  You can't even argue it isn't human life.  It's not a goat or an elephant.  It's human life.

At least be honest about what we are talking about here.  Killing your child before it is born is legal.

No need to sugar coat it.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:19:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Morning after pill != abortion

Threadfail.

Abortifactant.

You all must provide free stuff the government tells you to or you're denying the people their civil rights.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:19:49 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

More do not.

You can not argue that life does not begin at the moment of conception.  If it isn't life, what is it?  You can't even argue it isn't human life.  It's not a goat or an elephant.  It's human life.

At least be honest about what we are talking about here.  Killing your child before it is born is legal.

Oh, now it matters!
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:20:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

More do not.

Oh, now it matters!

I see you ain't arguing!!!  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top