Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2002 5:51:40 PM EDT
Thats worth a fifty dollar bill, isn't it? Scope seems to be a 4x. Everything else is clean and well taken care of. But theres no checkering. A guy I work with wants to sell it.
Whaddya think?
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 5:53:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 5:53:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I would say so.

I had one a while ago, good little rifle.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 5:55:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Yup,and some will really shoot with the right load.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 6:58:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I had one! I paid $50 for it 20 years ago!
Buy it! If you dont like it I will take it off your hands! They are great guns!
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 7:07:14 PM EDT
[#5]
My personal opinion of this gun based on the one I own:

It's no 10/22 in the accuracy dept, but it'll do the job as far as cans and squirrels go. This may be due to the micro groove rifling, it doesn't foul easy, but IMHO may not bite the bullet good enough. It seems to be much more accurate with cool and heavy loads, but handles hotties well too.

It functions flawlessly until around 250rds.

Cleans up real easy and is easy to maintain. The selfloading/hammer mechanism is all one assembly on rails and it just comes out in one piece to be sprayed off. I think I agree with the engineer's thoughts as far as design and construction goes with exception to the plastic pin that holds this assy. in.

Have to be careful of the plastic trigger assembly, mine has cracked twice and now it has mini screws in it holding it togeather.

The finish seems to be good-n-tough.

When disassembling - remove the rear trigger guard screw first, then the big one out front. This will help in preserving the plastic trigger assy.

IMHO it's worth the $50.  Mine is the Youth model with the little brass medallion in the stock and it's tube fed. I think it was around $150 new, but I can't remember.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top