Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2002 5:16:18 AM EDT
...you are anti-American.

Mind you, **** I ****  am [b]NOT [/b] the one saying this. [b]YOU[/b] are.  Your own logic condemns you. Unjustly, I beleive. Don't be so hard on yourself. [}:D]

Personally, I beleive you are above average patriots, and loyal to our nation.

But your own logic condemns you.

I'll let you struggle for a while, and see if you can figger out why.

Then I'll explain.

[}:D]

Link Posted: 8/12/2002 5:59:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Dude,

We can agree on two things..

1.I don't believe the bible
2.You will get no replies to this thread [:D]

I hope you take this the right way bro!
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 6:03:00 AM EDT
[#2]
No problem badseed.

The Bible, while not really relevant to this thread, and whther one beleives it, is a matter of faith. Some got it, some don't. Does NOT make one individual better than another, in and of itself.

I'm curious to see what responses come. You may be right - NONE!!!!

Link Posted: 8/12/2002 6:07:22 AM EDT
[#3]
ding.......ding......ding......ding.....ding goes the key on the piano.

Link Posted: 8/12/2002 7:02:03 AM EDT
[#4]
No takers????

Link Posted: 8/12/2002 7:10:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I have read a lot of these threads dealing with Isreal and have yet to see anyone say they are for Isreal First.
There are strong supporters but in my observations they have been staunch supporters of America first and Isreal after that.
I don't think you are going to get anyone to bite.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 7:18:14 AM EDT
[#6]
garandman,

If you're going to use the word "logic", do you really think that it's wise to open your debate with an "ad hominum" attack on those who hold the viewpoint that is opposed to yours?
Logic 101 says: your premise, and therefore your argument is bunk.

Try again.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 7:20:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Cincinnatus -

How can I be launching an "ad hominem" when it is SOMEONE ELSE'S logic that condemns them??

Is a prosecutor launching an "ad hominem" when a defendant enters a guilty plea????

Link Posted: 8/12/2002 7:22:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Thank you Cincinnatus.  A casual inspection of the majority of these threads yeilds great examples of  the majority of argumentative fallacies.

Link Posted: 8/12/2002 7:25:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Cincinnatus -

How can I be launching an "ad hominem" when it is SOMEONE ELSE'S logic that condemns them??

Is a prosecutor launching an "ad hominem" when a defendant enters a guilty plea????

View Quote

I suppose you're right, g-man.
Anyone who is willing to accept the title of "Israeli Firster", and then defend it, is in a poor position.

We ALL know, however, whom you are referring to.
THAT is where the "ad hominum" lies.

Why not take the more courageous (and honest) position of calling out those whom YOU believe to be "Israeli Firsters", by name.
THEN let them either deny it, defend it, or punch you in the nose[:)].
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 7:30:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Garandman,

I once thought you were great guy, and I enjoyed your comments.

However, you're continued chest thumping and "My Logic is Superior" comments have only served to diminish my opinion of your posts.

Read a book on the Isreali/"Palestinian" problem.  Then read another, and another.  You will see that this is a religious attack by Islamic people against both Christian and Jew alike.

There is no other argument, the Islamic people feel their religion is superior, they are revisionist in their view of history and they seek nothing other than the demise/conversion of all people to their world view.

Islam is not a religion of peace.  It is a religion of control, subversion and terror.  You are either Islamic or an infidel to be killed/converted.

I have already posted too much in response to your thread topic.  Open your eyes, close your mouth and see the world for what it is becoming.

TRG
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 7:39:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Why not take the more courageous (and honest) position of calling out those whom YOU believe to be "Israeli Firsters", by name.
THEN let them either deny it, defend it, or punch you in the nose[:)].
View Quote

Cuz a "courageous and honest description" doesn't FIT in a thread title.

"Israel firsters" has been a pretty universally accepted term to catch the eye of the "Jew Crew." (another semi-universally accepted term by those to who it applies. They are even making up T-shirts. [:D] ) If Israel firsters is an illegitimate title, then I guess subslrs entire thread doesn't exist. [}:D]

But in the interests of clarity, lemme clarify:

I'm addressing those who say that I am an Israel hater / Jew hater / anti Israel when I berate Israel  for the attack on the Liberty, or I criticise Sharones policies and actions, or his charachter, or the current Israeli gov'ts actions or policies.

IMO, in calling me anti Israel for my comments against israelis actions or policies, that same "logic" makes them "anti American."

AGAIN, *** I *** am NOT calling them unAmerican THEIR logic, if they hold to it consistently, makes them anti-American.

What I wanna see is if they can "do the math" as to what their OWN logic says about them Z(again, unjustly so, IMO.)

Link Posted: 8/12/2002 7:44:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Garandman,

I once thought you were great guy, and I enjoyed your comments.

However, you're continued chest thumping and "My Logic is Superior" comments have only served to diminish my opinion of your posts.
View Quote

Am I supposed to come here and explain why my logic is INFERIOR??? EVERYONE HERE thinks their logic is superior. Are you willing to castigate the others also?? Or JUST me?

Read a book on the Isreali/"Palestinian" problem.  Then read another, and another.  You will see that this is a religious attack by Islamic people against both Christian and Jew alike.
View Quote

I just ordered one. Thanks.

There is no other argument...
View Quote

DANGEROUS thinking, my friend.

Islam is not a religion of peace.  It is a religion of control, subversion and terror.  You are either Islamic or an infidel to be killed/converted.
View Quote

Well, then are ALL the Islaamic people who have NOT killed anyone "bad" Muslims? Like 70,000,000 of them, or are they just waiting for their golden opportunity to go kill someone????

Link Posted: 8/12/2002 7:47:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Name names.

You have people in mind, whom you believe to be "Israel Firsters", and therefore: "anti-American".

Call them out by name.

I know that I'd call out anyone who I think is "anti-American".
Show some courage.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 7:48:04 AM EDT
[#14]
[sleep]
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 7:54:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Name names.

You have people in mind, whom you believe to be "Israel Firsters", and therefore: "anti-American".

Call them out by name.

I know that I'd call out anyone who I think is "anti-American".
Show some courage.
View Quote

ANYONE who has called me "anti israel"

And I am NOT saying they are unAmerican.

What I am saying is that they call me antiIsrael becasue I criticise israels actions and policies.

[b]Well, if criticising a Israels actions and policies makes ME "anti Israel," then they have cricised Americas actions and policies, THEIR OWN LOGIC says they MUST be "anti American."[/b]

I'm trying to argue a point logically, to go  where THEIR logic leads, if they are gonna maintain that my criticising Israels policies and actions makes me "anti Israel."

WHO is unimportant. Consistent logic that holds water IS VERY IMPORTANT.

Link Posted: 8/12/2002 7:58:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Someone's shit don't stink.  Oh, yes it does, I just didn't have enough bandwidth to smell it right away.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 8:03:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Just as I thought.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 8:05:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Someone's shit don't stink.  Oh, yes it does, I just didn't have enough bandwidth to smell it right away.
View Quote

Gotta hate that lag time...  [;)]

the_reject
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 8:06:39 AM EDT
[#19]
ding.......ding......ding......ding.....ding the key on the piano continues on.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top