Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/11/2002 6:32:59 PM EDT
I have no proof, but I think this will be a fun little study. I was at Costco yesterday and it dawned on me that everyone there was an idiot (except me [:D]. But the way they mill about and stop at intersections while shopping... etc..etc... reminded me of driving here in Seattle. Am I the idiot? or is there some correlation? just an observation.. but I think I'll see if I can get a Federal grant for this anyway[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 6:50:40 PM EDT
Badseed: That is actually a rather good observation. To futher extend on that - one of the best ways to get a feel for [i]different[/i] driving habits in other cultures is to observe the differences in walking habits. The similarities are uncanny - and served long ago to convince me that what you have hypothesized is true. It would be interesting ot read an actual sociological study on the phenomenon, though.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 6:56:18 PM EDT
Yeah, I've noticed this too. Especially when you are walking in a crowded area where everyone is moving the same direction (similar to being on a freeway). People will just suddenly jump to their left or right without even looking. Or worse...I love it when they just STOP for no apparent reason. Of course, I think your analogy breaks down in my example when people stop and start walking AGAINST the traffic...that, of course, only happens in LA during a cop chase....
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 7:09:05 PM EDT
I love the ones who hit the end of an aisle, look carefully to the left and then take a sharp RIGHT! This is second only to walking backwards on the stupid scale!
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 7:12:25 PM EDT
That's funny. I have actually asked someone that exact question:"Do you drive like you walk?" All I got was a dirty look and a turned up, snooty nose.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 7:30:37 PM EDT
If they walked like they drove in Seattle, I'm not sure we would ever make it into the store before closing time ;)
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 2:11:59 AM EDT
LOL jafo.. u got it right
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 3:27:01 AM EDT
Originally Posted By JAFO: If they walked like they drove in Seattle, I'm not sure we would ever make it into the store before closing time ;)
View Quote
It's funny 'cause it's true.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 6:15:23 AM EDT
Originally Posted By tc6969: I love the ones who hit the end of an aisle, look carefully to the left and then take a sharp RIGHT!
View Quote
No [b]shit[/b] That is my favorite! heheh. The abrupt turn. Distant cousin to the perpetual left you will find by fossils in florida! [:D](blinker on all day)
Top Top