Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2002 7:28:55 PM EDT
At the Austin shoot (Tony's Range) today, while I was in the gunsmith's office, my igloo ice chest was removed from the range.

I'm sure it was gathered for safekeeping, and I appreciate the thoughtfulness of whoever took the initiative.

Some folks mentioned JohnInAustin might know of the coolers whereabouts.

I also found a smoke colored plastic 50 rnd ammo box with some nickle plated .357 brass in it, on the pistol range....if anyone is looking for it
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 7:33:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Serves your ass right! Having fun at the range while I was stuck in the emergency room for 5 1/2 hours! LOL

Really though, I'm happy that somebody had fun today. Good luck on your quest.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 8:14:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I believe JohnInAustin snagged the cooler thinking it had been abandoned.  That was right as I left.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 9:33:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 6:57:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Who in their right mind would assume that a 115 quart cooler was 'abandoned'.... wishful thinking.

I got a 70 quart and it's a fricken MONSTER. I couldn't imagine a 115qt. That's a lotta beer.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 10:49:00 AM EDT
[#5]
If I remember correctly, it was in an area that had been vacated, so they assumed one of the guys who had packed up had accidentally forgotten it.

Either way, I had fun at the shoot, though I didn't get to meet as many people as I would have liked.  My wife and I got their around 4pm after having to drop off kids, drive 3 hours into Austin, have lunch with my old college roomate, and then make it to the shoot through the sudden downpour that engulfed most of downtown Austin causing traffic to slow.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 11:04:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I have it in the garage.  (along with the Pepsi. Blehh)  
We were down to about 5 people at that point,  and I was the only one who had room for it.  waht's the best way to get it to you?

I also have a set of prescription sunglasses in a blue hardcase left in the camper, as well as 100 rounds of mixed 12 gauge birdshot in a plastic bag ( left in the bed of my truck) and a couple of boresnakes, patches and rifle bore brushes in a Walmart bag I found out on the highway.

Mathew found a set of car keys as well.

Does this sound familiar to anybody?
BTW:  Doublefeed,  I didn't know that was you,  I went to the 100 yd line to shoot the .41 mag at appliances.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 11:30:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks John!  I knew it was someone doing the right thing.  I'll send you an IM.

If there is anyone on these boards who has not hooked up with the other members for a shoot, or going out to eat, or some other social occasion, let me say it is well worth the effort, time, and money spent.  The camaraderie runs deeper then any perceived "electronic animosities".  Goodwill and kinship are in abundance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top