Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2002 9:42:50 AM EDT
WTH is this?
his attitude is all wrong for a war documentary. He finds this crashed plane and is like "in this jungle..." in his normal excited voice
then he sits in the moss covered seat from it
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 10:48:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I liked most of the visuals from what I watched, but I thought he was a little too excited and upbeat for a documentary type thing where he was basically climbing over the graves of people
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 11:01:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm watchin it now and I like his enthusiastic approach to history. He's trying to give you an idea of the high level of excitement of war. I'm talkin the 'oh shit desperation excitement' not any kind of 'woohoo excitement' like we get out of life in general. It's a nice contrast to the typical droll approach you usually hear.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 11:39:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I liked most of the visuals from what I watched, but I thought he was a little too excited and upbeat for a documentary type thing where he was basically climbing over the graves of people
View Quote

He's a good guy but the above is why I couldn't stand watching it but a few minutes at a time.

Of course, the fact that my grandfather was over there in that mess as infantry doesn't help.  Even to this day I can tell my grandfather still keeps things inside about his time there.  The stories he's told were always brief and rarely in depth.  The saddest part is each year his surviving unit gets smaller & smaller.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 12:03:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Well until he gets his head bit off there's no calming him down. I thought he was pretty respectful, he would say things like "this is a tomb, a place of honor and we must not forget what happened here", when he found actual remains he wouldn't touch anything in the area and was very careful where he stepped. I thought he did a pretty good job.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 12:08:09 PM EDT
[#5]
good show...
i was wondering though what it would be like to watch someone talk so excitedly about a living hell you had go through many years ago.
i guess, though that thats not really the target audience of the program.
to me, the subject is just as exciting as he presented it, and as long as he is respectful about it... carry on, mate!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top