Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2002 8:20:16 AM EDT
I always loved the Black Talons that you could buy just about anywhere before they stopped making them. I shot a few through water into sand and they expanded perfectly. They look like they would really rip you a new one if you were unlucky enough to ever get shot by one. Just recently I found out that Winchester has been producing the same bullet under a different name now, Ranger SXT. I heard they are more for law enforcment but not illegal for civilians to own. Does anyone know where I can buy this ammo? Any websights sell it? I'm going to a gunshow this weekend so I'm gonna check there also. I'd love to have some in 45 acp and 40cal.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 8:23:54 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 8:27:12 AM EDT
I have a buddy in Memphis that has a bunch of it. What part of the state are you? I don't think he has any 45acp, just 40 and 9mm. Let me know and you guy's can work out the price and detail's. [smoke]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 8:59:50 AM EDT
GOld Dots are awesome... I buy them all the time in 147g 9mm... Damn expensive.. I need to find a cheaper source than my local shop.. he charges like 12 for a box of 50..
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 9:05:41 AM EDT
I get mine at Sports Authority
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 10:20:13 AM EDT
Ranger SXT offerings can often be found over at - [url]www.auctionarms.com[/url] or [url]www.gunbroker.com[/url] In all reality only the 9mm 127gr. +P+ is a worthy purchase. They have truly exceptional performance. Equivalent choices are Fed. 124gr. +P+ (also an LEO load) & the Speer Lawman Gold Dot 124gr. +P offering. .40 & .45 Black Talons/Ranger SXT are good performers but there are other offerings just as good and in some cases better.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 10:23:32 AM EDT
Top Top