Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2002 5:36:11 AM EDT
I am new, so this may have discussed in the past if so I apologize for the repeat. The government is just getting way to involved in the lives of its citizens, an example, my dog died, he had been licensed for the last eight years, I get a notice to renew his license, well he passed so I pitch it, I get a warning notice to renew his license or face a possible fine, now I do not feel I have to report my pals death to some dog warden, so I pitch it, dog warden comes to my house looking in the backyard for rover(neighbors tell me, we all look out for one another) I am not home so warden leaves a , WARNING you can be taken to court for not licensing your canine, now it is becoming a big deal with me, why should I have to report a dead dog to any government agency. So I blow it off, I get a letter in the mail, you can be forced in court to explain why you have not licensed your dog type of thing, I say ok, if I have to I will explain it in court. Dog warden comes to my house and again I am not there , but a house guest was and she tells dog warden that the dog has died, well they quit after that. Now what business does a local government employee, a dog warden have doing this, or am I the one out of line here, yeah I could have told them the dog died but why should I have to. I have never been in any trouble with anyone over this dog, and neighbors and me all get along. It just seems like it gets worse every year, we elect new representatives and they feel they must enact new laws instead of enforcing the old ones.  Does anyone else have a story, I wonder if this was just a local thing or is a everywhere type of thing. Once a right or privilege is given up it is difficult or impossible to ever get back, watch the hi cap ban on this statement, I will be proven right.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 5:50:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Here's my story.
My fucking property taxes are too high!
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 6:03:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Here's my story.
My fucking property taxes are too high!
View Quote
Taxes, the school system here raises the school levies by putting it on a off vote  and then they, and all the teachers vote it in because the lazy refuse to get off there duffs and vote unless it is a presidential election or something else important, so property owners get fubared. Yeah, your right TAXES suck. And they get higher and higher so any pay raises a guy gets are gone before you get it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 6:19:49 AM EDT
[#3]
You wasted government reasources,
you did the right thing.

C-rock
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 7:12:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Taxes really do suck, but I wouldn't blame the teachers.  At least in most areas, they get paid shit and the school buildings are falling apart.

They really should find a way to clear off some of the BS laws in the book.

And bountyhunter, I agree, they should not be sending someone after you unless your dog has been a public nuisance or had complaints.  They should have sent you one maybe two reminders and that's it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 7:48:31 AM EDT
[#5]
The other day, I saw a woman feeding pigeons by tossing crumbs or something behind this fence at a government building.

At first I was pi**ed because the flying rats make disgusting filthy messes that are probably full of disease.

But then I realized that just possibly this woman has been the victim of some governmental  bureaucratic nonsense and was exercising her 1st Amendment right to protest in this fashion.

Link Posted: 8/9/2002 7:54:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
And bountyhunter, I agree, they should not be sending someone after you unless your dog has been a public nuisance or had complaints.  They should have sent you one maybe two reminders and that's it.
View Quote

Sh!t flows where there is the least resistance.  The gubment goes after easy pickens like the evil dog owners with no license.  Reminds me of the scene in Airplane when the security at the airport is frisking this old lady while all these terrorist guys are walking by with MGs.[50]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 8:09:51 AM EDT
[#7]
That's nothing.

Nueces county has been sending me notices about my boat trailer registration since 1979.  I haven't lived in Nueces county since 1978 and 4 boats ago.

I still regularly have court process servers show up at my door looking for a previous owner of the house, that moved out in 1992.  Get the deputies showing up for all his warrants too.  Bastard is still using my address as his.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 8:22:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Why not blame the teachers? I do.

They get paid JUST FINE, and only work 3/4 of the year.

They (in Minnesota at least) are the BIGGEST proponant of higher taxes via their LABOR UNIONS. They are mindless sheep who believe anything that someone with a "better education" tells them.

I also blame State Colleges for a LOT of different woes in America. We just got rid of an asshole college head (Mark Yudof) and he went to Texas...You guys are now fucked.

***Don't get me started on labor unions***

[BLUE][SIZE=4]THOSE WHO CAN, DO...THOSE WHO CAN'T, TEACH[/SIZE=4][/BLUE]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 8:29:40 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't get mad, I get even. Sometimes I like to go to County Commission or City Council meetings to just show up and be the cranky ass who sits in the back and complains about everything. Anytime they ask for public comment, regardless of the topic, I volunteer my opinion whether or not I have a clue as to what they are debating.

It's funny because when I do it, it usually shocks the hell out of them because most of the time the guy doing that is the cranky, 70 year old retiree. It's a treat for me to give them hell as a 30 something.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top