Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/8/2002 10:11:19 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 10:12:55 PM EDT
note to self: not matter how bad life gets, there is always beer.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 10:14:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 10:21:05 PM EDT
... People bail out on life at all ages for all kinds of reasons. Personally, I believe it's usually a short-termed situation/depression that triggers it and if they just gave themselves a 90 day timeline on the "event" many would realize how stupid the idea was well into the second month. ... That said, I also believe it is a severe shortcoming in that persons' perception of humanity and he/she just goes way of the weak animal in the pack. Swallowed up by the stronger elements on earth.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 10:37:00 PM EDT
I refer to this as the "lemmings" mentality. The media, scientists, environmentalists, and sociologists constantly bombard the average American with doom and gloom prophecies and constantly tell us how wicked, evil and nasty the human race is, and delight in predicting the downfall of humanity through (pick one or all) famine, deadly meteors, a killer virus, nuclear obliteration, global warming, a new ice age, etc, etc. It's no wonder that some people might choose to view the future as hopeless. I guess the world is full of enough vocal pessimists to make some of these people "head for the cliff." I'm also wondering if this is a way for nature to clease some of the gene pool, leaving only the mentally tough to face the future. Just some theories I've had over a few too may Guinnesses.
Top Top