Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/8/2002 10:18:03 AM EDT
I saw a thread regarding LOTR...well, here are the nitty-gritty details on it according to Playboy: -To be released Nov. 12 -$80 (!) -Five Disks -30 extra minutes -Trading Cards (nausea...) -Figurines (barf...) -A new version of the National Geographic Beyond the Movie special. (Catch it on PBS...) Two disks for the movie, two disks for extra material, and one for the heart-stopping National Geograpic special. THANKFULLY, there is a $40 version of the re-release as well, which nixes the friggin figurines, cards, and the National Geographic disk. Damn well better be DTS encoded as well.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 10:19:59 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 10:21:42 AM EDT
i watched the movie last night for the first time. 2 thumbs up, i thought it was great.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 10:25:19 AM EDT
Damn LOTR is one long boring fucking movie!! Give me a rifle and shoot everybody already....for Christ sakes, nuke the damn ring and be done with all. Damn Sgtar15
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 10:42:26 AM EDT
I have to agree. The movie was good in big screen at the theatres. But to watch it at home is just boring. I have a great entertainment center and a big screen tv, but DAMN...It is a long and boring movie....
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 11:07:16 AM EDT
Why don't all you guys just go watch your favorite VanDam or Rambo movie, with no story to back up the action, and let us enjoy our favorite, origin-of-the-genre, literature come to life.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 1:40:22 PM EDT
If the orcs had AK-47's and the fellowship had M-16's, i'd bet they like it then.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 1:53:06 PM EDT
Originally Posted By sgtar15: Damn LOTR is one long boring fucking movie!! Give me a rifle and shoot everybody already....for Christ sakes, nuke the damn ring and be done with all. Damn Sgtar15
View Quote
Perfect
Top Top