Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/8/2002 7:40:26 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 7:49:09 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 8:18:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/8/2002 8:21:11 AM EDT by The_Macallan]
Originally Posted By ilikelegs: Why also Charlton Heston ? [red]Because he's an asshole who doesn't like AK47's or any other assault weapon for that matter.[/red] I felt the need to point out this fact about Charlton Heston as our dearly beloved NRA spokesman needed to be said here.
View Quote
So he doesn't like them - but he still thinks the 2nd Amendment protects them: [i]"You could say that the paparazzi and the tabloids are sort of the `assault weapons' of the First Amendment. They're ugly, a lot of people don't like them, but they're protected by the First Amendment -- just as `assault weapons' are protected by the Second Amendment..." [/i] ~ Charlton Heston on FOX News Channel September 15, 1997 [url=http://www.nrawinningteam.com/hestquot.html]Quotable Quotes from Chuck Heston, NRA President[/url] Okay, so he's not my FAVORITE pro-gunner, but the NRA is not my idea of a strong pro-gun group anyway. But to call him an "asshole" just because he thinks 'assault weapons' are ugly?? [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 8:24:06 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 8:35:04 AM EDT
The author of the article posted by leggs is [url=http://www.instapundit]Instapundit[/url]. There are links on his site to law review articles he has written on the 2nd amendment. He is a well known legal scholar, a law professor, a graduate of Yale, [b]and on our side.[/b] He has relentlessly stayed after the “Arming America” fraud. Thanks Professor Reynolds! Mike
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 9:04:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/8/2002 10:03:36 AM EDT by TheRicker]
Mr. Heston, like so many others, is way off base. The 2nd amendment does not "protect" our rights. It merely acknowledges that we have an inalienable right. It also declares that Congress shall pass no law that infringes on our rights. The Bill of Rights does not define, create or, protect our rights. It's our job to elect the proper people who will not pass unconstitutional laws that deny us our right to keep the gov't in check. For a right that can be denied, is no right at all. They (used to) govern by [i]consent[/i] of the people. We must govern ourselves, just as the colonists did.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 10:00:02 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 10:34:55 AM EDT
Clayton Cramer also reviewed Professor Malcolm's latest book. You can [url=www.christianitytoday.com/bc/2002/004/9.29.html]read it here.[/url] I've got to pick up a copy of her book. Good stuff. If you want to read something interesting, there's a transcript of a speech on "Guns and Violent Crime" she gave for the [url=www.i2i.org]Independent Institute [/url] (not to be confused with the [url=www.i2i.org]IndependENCE Institute[/url]. Dave Kopel also spoke. I like the way she thinks. You can read it [url=www.independent.org/tii/forums/990921ipfTrans.html]here.[/url]
Top Top