Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2002 5:00:45 AM EDT
that is my question for the day,

Does the 'man keep you down??  [(:)]

With all of the cop bashing and such going on. With the local JBT's of the board and the wantabees sticking up for one side, and the unwashed masses on the other side,

I need to ask you all, does the 'man keep you down??  

For me, yes, I truly believe the man keeps me down in life.  From high taxes, thru laws, and thru those "roadside safety checks", the 'man has put in place systems that keep me down.  [8P]

I think some here are being kept down by the 'man, like in CA,

or when others here stick up for the 'man, when another tells a story of how his jbt forces stuck it too him.  

The 'man is all around us, [(:)]
he's in our bank accounts, in our 4473's, in our grocery stores, in our DL records.  '

I know why I was put on this earth, it came to me in a dream last night.  I was born to fight the 'man, and set my people free.  [@:D]  [%(]

c-rock

Link Posted: 8/8/2002 5:09:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I call BS on this one
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 5:17:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I was going to add a poll,
asking folks if they feel they been kept down by the 'man,
but the 'man is stopping me, it won't let me add a poll.

foiled again by the 'man.
c-rock
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 5:18:16 AM EDT
[#3]
[b]FIGHT THE POWER![/b]

C4
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 5:31:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Is your idea of fighting the man bitching and moaning about everything you don't like or agree with on line? What are you doing to change the system?
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 5:34:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 5:34:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Is your idea of fighting the man bitching and moaning about everything you don't like or agree with on line? What are you doing to change the system?
View Quote

No, that would probably fall under the catagory of him practicing his 1st Amendment rights...

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 5:38:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Its my right to bitch and moan.  

I think some of you all need to switch to decafe in the mornin. :P
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 5:50:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Oh great.  Another "victim".
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 5:59:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Its my right to bitch and moan.
View Quote

c-rock = [>(]
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 6:05:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Well, the man does not really "Keep me Down". He sometimes pushes me off balance a bit though...

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 6:09:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 6:14:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, a right-wing, gun owning, high tax rate bracket man, that has become a victim of the 'man. [BD]

You know how many more toys I could have if he didn't keep me down???

c-rock
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 6:21:24 AM EDT
[#13]
C-ROCK...what a joke...the'man...that is phrase from the the late 60's.  Lets get a NOW generation phrase....Da'man.  [bd]
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 7:04:55 AM EDT
[#14]
The only 'man' be keeping me down...is me.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 7:22:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, a right-wing, gun owning, high tax rate bracket man, that has become a victim of the 'man. [BD]

You know how many more toys I could have if he didn't keep me down???

c-rock
View Quote

How's that saying go?

"You live in a cesspool, everything's gonna smell like shit!"

[;D]
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 7:23:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I was going to add a poll,
asking folks if they feel they been kept down by the 'man, but the 'man is stopping me, it won't let me add a poll.

foiled again by the 'man.
c-rock
View Quote

BS, the only thing keeping ya from doing a poll is [b]YOU[/b]! Pay up, become a member and you can poll to your hearts' content.

IMHO this post is a great oppurtunity for the GI pic of "How about a nice cup of STFU!"

Of course that's just my opinion,
Mike
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 7:26:04 AM EDT
[#17]
The man isn't keeping me down, but my piss poor paycheck is.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 7:28:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Am I the only one who see's that C-rock is being glib? Didn't "The kids in the hall" do this skit back in the early 90's?
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 7:34:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 7:44:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

IMHO this post is a great oppurtunity for the GI pic of "How about a nice cup of STFU!"

Mike
View Quote

Where's Spectre when you really need him?
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 7:44:24 AM EDT
[#21]
To borrow from Steppenwolf:

I said Goddamn the [s]pusherman[/s]taxman!
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 7:47:19 AM EDT
[#22]
First the 'What if the govt blew up your house' thread...

Now this...

If you wanna go [s]trolling[/s]fishing, find a local lake....

[:K][:K][:K][:K][:K][:K][:K][:K][:K][:K]

Not that you're a professional troll (like mr SMAWS), but you seem to be (in the words of one member's prank-story) 'tossing some skunks into the basement' lately...
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 7:53:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Yes and no.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 8:04:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 8:06:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
First the 'What if the govt blew up your house' thread...

Now this...

If you wanna go [s]trolling[/s]fishing, find a local lake....

[:K][:K][:K][:K][:K][:K][:K][:K][:K][:K]

Not that you're a professional troll (like mr SMAWS), but you seem to be (in the words of one member's prank-story) 'tossing some skunks into the basement' lately...
View Quote

Sorry if you think I am a troll. I am not. I am a red-blooded american that is here, fighting the 'man.
I will use whatever words that come to my head, and put them on this board.

I have always questioned authority!  (Raises Black Gloved fist into the air)
c-rock
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 8:11:52 AM EDT
[#26]
I feel you dog! The mufukin man got his boot on the back of my neck holding me down! I can't achieve my maximum potential under this brutal opression. Some day I'm going to cast off these shackles that the establishment placed upon my limbs and taste freedom. Fight the power!
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 8:13:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Mike
View Quote

Sorry to steal your thunder, Spectre....but this couldn't wait any longer.

Hey c-rock......

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/SPECTRE%2Fcup%5Fof%5Fwhat%2Egif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 8:16:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mike
View Quote

Sorry to steal your thunder, Spectre....but this couldn't wait any longer.

Hey c-rock......

[url]www.ar15.com/members/albums/SPECTRE%2Fcup%5Fof%5Fwhat%2Egif[/url]
View Quote

You see,
there is the "house #$$##, or Oreo" speaking up for the man. [BD]

Free your mind, and your body will follow.  

break your chains,

c-rock
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 8:21:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Looks like someone's been watching "Malcom X" on VHS again.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 8:24:18 AM EDT
[#30]

Yer back!

Link Posted: 8/8/2002 8:28:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Can anyone say [size=6][red][b]"B-O-G"[/b][/red]?[/size=6]
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 8:42:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 9:00:32 AM EDT
[#33]
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/flashman%2Fstep%5Faway%2520copy%2Ejpg[/img]

Is this the guy??

Mike
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 9:07:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Can anyone say [size=6][red][b]"B-O-G"[/b][/red]?[/size=6]
View Quote

c-rock

[b]Registered: Nov 2000[/b]
IL,  USA

...damn...BOG set this account up a looooong time ago in anticipation of what was to come. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 9:53:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 10:30:14 AM EDT
[#36]
You Da Man!!!!!!!!!!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 10:54:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 11:52:45 AM EDT
[#38]
This is groovy...

"We want to be free.  We want to have a good time, to do what we want to do, to go where we want to go, to be what we want to be, without being hassled by the man."

Peter Fonda
                   The Wild Angels 1966
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 12:17:30 PM EDT
[#39]
yes sa,

Mr. establishment is keepin me down and oppressin' me daily.
Ize' slave for da man and dont be getin' no props.

He gettin rich while i  gettin po'
I raise my mad dog and shoot my lorcin in da air in salute to you my brotha' [BD]

[blue] fight da power[/blue]
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 12:18:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 12:24:57 PM EDT
[#41]
This was allegedly taken from a "Community Policing"  
question and answer via an e-mail forum in California.  
Whether that's true or not is pretty irrelevant since it is funny as hell!

The question was:  

"I would like to know how it is possible for police
officers to harass people and get away with it?  
And where can you go for help, other than a civil attorney?"

And the answer was:  

"It is not easy. In California we average one cop for every 2000 people.  About 60% of those cops are on patrol, where we do most of the harassing.  One-fifth of that 60% are on duty at any moment and available for harassing people.  So, one on duty cop is responsible to harass about 10,000 residents.  When you toss in the commercial, business, and tourist locations that attract people from other areas, sometimes you have a situation where a single cop is responsible to try to harass 20,000+ people a day.  A ten hour shift runs 36,000 seconds.  [red]This gives a cop only one second to harass a person, and three-fourths of a second to eat a donut AND find a new person to harass.[/red]  This is not an easy task.  Most cops are not up to it day in and day out.  It is just too tiring.  Since you now understand why we cannot harass everyone let me explain briefly what we do to utilize some special "tools" to help us narrow down who we harass, so we can focus our limited  "harassing resources" to those most worthy individuals.  

They are as follows:

The Phone:  

People will call us up and point out things that cause us to focus on another person for special  (concentrated) harassment.  "My ex-husband just beat me and my boyfriend up and he is barricaded in the bedroom with our baby and a gun", or "My neighbor is beating up his wife and she is screaming for help" are a couple code phrases that are frequently employed.  Then we come out and give special harassment to the wife beater.  Another popular one on weekends is "My neighbors are out of town and their kids are having a loud party."

Cars:  

We have special cops assigned to harass people who drive.  They usually ride motorcycles so they can get around fast or cut through traffic to harass as many people as possible in their given shift.  They like to harass the drivers of fast cars, cars blasting music, cars with expired registration tags, and the like.  It is lots of fun when we pick them out of traffic for nothing more obvious than running a red light, going around railroad crossing arms, or driving 20+  MPH over the posted limit in a school zone.  Sometimes we get to really heap the harassment on when we find they have drugs in their car, are driving drunk, are unlicensed or have an arrest warrant!

Runners:  

Some people take off running at the mere sight of a uniformed police officer.  Nothing is quite as satisfying as running after them like a trained beagle on the scent of a bunny.  When we catch them, gosh darn it if there isn't always some good reason to harass them for hours!

Codes:  

When we can think of nothing else to do, there are books that give us ideas for reasons to harass folks.  They are called Codes, Penal, Vehicle, Health and Safety, Business and Professions... They each spell out all sorts of silly things for which we can really mess with people. After we study these code books, we can just drive around for a while until we find someone violating one of the listed offenses and heap on the harassment!  Just last week I saw a guy smash several car windows right in front of me.  Well, believe it or not, one of the code books says that is not allowed.  That meant I automatically got to harass this guy...of course he didn't like it, because just when I got done harassing him, the jail deputies harassed him and that will likely continue until the judge harasses him, then he will probably be harassed by a probation officer for the next couple of years.  

It is a pretty cool system that we have set up, and it works very well most of the time. We seem to have a never ending supply of folks to harass, and we "get away with it" because the good citizens pay the tab for us to keep the streets safe for them...and your civil attorney.  Next time you are in my town, give me a "single finger wave". That is a secret signal that you wish for me to take a closer look at you, and maybe find a reason to harass you.

[blue] You just doubled your "time" with this thread bub [/blue]
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 12:32:48 PM EDT
[#42]
The man said I don't have permission to reply to you, c-rock. He did, however, ask me to have a word with DScott...

Quoted:
How's that saying go?

[;D]
View Quote

I hope you are not saying that America's a cesspool! I thought I knew you, but now you sound like an extremist; kinda like that William Pierce guy. I'll have you know the man doesn't like talk like that.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 4:59:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 5:11:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know why I was put on this earth, it came to me in a dream last night.  I was born to fight the 'man, and set my people free.  [@:D]  [%(]

c-rock

View Quote

Reminds me of the "Magic Shirt" vision.

Seems during the last century's Indian Wars an American Indin Shaman had a dream/vision about a Magic Shirt that would protect the wearer from bullets.
Well, he got a group of followers together, got 'em all revved up and equipped, after elaborate preparation, with their owm "Magic Shirts".
They went looking for trouble, and the Army gave it to 'em.

Do I have to tell you about the shirts?

Moral of the story is:  Be careful about things that come to you in dreams and visions.  You might wind up with a shirt full of holes.
View Quote

"Ghost Dancers...."
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 5:36:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
When I worked for the State's Attorney's Office, people would ask me what I did for a living.  

I'd say, "You know that man that keeps people down?  That's me."

Gee, crock, I hope I never kept you down while I worked there.  You don't live in Will County, do you?
View Quote

One rule, once the man, always is the man.

You dont get a ghetto pass around here for that homey.  [BD]

You still the 'man, and you know it.  If something happened, you be right back next to the 'man.

Heck, you even speak to him by first name.  

c-rock
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 5:44:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Here at the station house, when things start slowin' down, we all pull up a chair to the meetin' table for our usual discussion. How can we keep our foot on your neck? That's the big question. We got fellas workin' overtime runnin' rampant over your rights, spyin' on you and your family, and on our most important topic, how we can get all your guns. Yep, that's number one with us. We want all your money, your freedom, and every firearm and bullet in the world. It's the only way we can keep you under control. Every time somethin' happens to make you think we're lookin' over your shoulder, you just blow it off and think your bein' paranoid. You're not. We really are lookin' over your shoulder and in your windows. You know those black helicopters? Those are ours. We fly them over those of you who like to mouth off 'bout the gubmint. We're watchin' all the time. When we're not writin' tickets to your wife so we can check her out, we're takin' turns running the microwave towers to bake your brains. We intend to stay on top too.  We got big plans with the U.N., Hillary, and North Korea.  We want one world, one gubmint, one people, and one group in control. Us.  Stay down and be quiet will ya.
[:D]  [:D]  [:D]  [:D]  [:D]  [:D]  [:D]  [:D]
View Quote

You see, you speak up agaist the 'man, and they come after ya.

I for one will never "keep quiet"! (Raises fist in air)

The 'man's days are numbered. He's going down.  

c-rock
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 8:53:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The man said I don't have permission to reply to you, c-rock. He did, however, ask me to have a word with DScott...

Quoted:
How's that saying go?

[;D]
View Quote

I hope you are not saying that America's a cesspool! I thought I knew you, but now you sound like an extremist; kinda like that William Pierce guy. I'll have you know the man doesn't like talk like that.
View Quote

You hurt my feelings. I'm telling Morris.  You'll be sorry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top