BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/30/2012 9:47:51 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So... anyone know what brand/model of electric guitar???  

Probably a Tele or a Strat. Nothing makes a beter bludgeon than a Fender.  Neck on a Gibson wouldn't survive the first hit.
Pfft, a Les Paul is 47 pounds of kick ass, that also makes sweet sweet music

Link Posted: 10/30/2012 9:48:43 AM EDT
[#2]
That is Punk!
Link Posted: 10/30/2012 9:49:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Condolences to the Pastor's family and congregation.
Link Posted: 10/30/2012 9:52:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm gonna go with single coils, you'd never get that kinda impact with humbuckers.

Quite the opposite. But, I was wondering too. Probably a Gibson Les Paul.

The only guitar sturdy enough (IMHO) to kill someone with. The neck is solid through the body, not bolted on.

Too bad someone wasn't carrying. Not really a laughing matter, but I can't help but envision Left4Dead and the Twang sound when you kill a zombie with the guitar.
Les Paul? Hardly. A Telecaster is the proper instrument for a musical bludgeoning. It would probably still be in tune afterwards. Or at least as in tune as a Telecaster ever gets.

"I was barely seventeen. And I once killed a boy with a Fender guitar. I don't remember if it was a Telecaster or a Stratocaster, but I do remember that it had a heart of chrome, and a voice like a horny angel."
Link Posted: 10/30/2012 9:54:08 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

The only guitar sturdy enough (IMHO) to kill someone with. The neck is solid through the body, not bolted on.

Too bad someone wasn't carrying. Not really a laughing matter, but I can't help but envision Left4Dead and the Twang sound when you kill a zombie with the guitar.

The neck is glued into the neck pocket, maybe four inches of contact there.

I'm guessing bath salts were to blame and the janitor prevented the imminent cannibalism.

Link Posted: 10/30/2012 9:58:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Many people play instruments to praise the lord, I play only one instrument, violence. I came to make a joyful noise.
Link Posted: 10/30/2012 10:01:53 AM EDT
[#7]
The media has me all fucked up... my first thought was "please don't be white, please" saw the suspect and had a sigh of relief.

Shitty deal for the pastor and community.
Link Posted: 10/30/2012 10:06:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Despite the scourn that such mouse guns usually get around here... a well-placed .22LR round to this perps head would've ended things quickly.

I can't help but think that it would find it a little difficult to make a head shot with a pocket ANY gun while beaing beaten to death with a guitar.

My remark was primarily concerned with being able to walk up to a guy doing that to another guy and take care of business, nevertheless... see my correction in your post.

Link Posted: 10/30/2012 10:09:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm gonna go with single coils, you'd never get that kinda impact with humbuckers.

Les Paul? Hardly. A Telecaster is the proper instrument for a musical bludgeoning. It would probably still be in tune afterwards. Or at least as in tune as a Telecaster ever gets.

"I was barely seventeen. And I once killed a boy with a Fender guitar. I don't remember if it was a Telecaster or a Stratocaster, but I do remember that it had a heart of chrome, and a voice like a horny angel."

Damn you. I was going to post this.
Link Posted: 10/30/2012 10:10:56 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wondered if anybody would even get it.

Link Posted: 10/30/2012 10:14:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LPs are set-neck, a stubby tongue of the neck that gets glued in to a pocket on the body.  The only major makers that use neck-through construction are BC Rich and Carvin.
Link Posted: 10/30/2012 10:14:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Everything's bigger in Texas. Including the WTF.

Link Posted: 10/30/2012 10:17:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn x2!!
Link Posted: 10/30/2012 10:18:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LPs are set-neck, a stubby tongue of the neck that gets glued in to a pocket on the body.  The only major makers that use neck-through construction are BC Rich and Carvin.

ESP (my favorite/chosen brand over the past 10+ years)

Link Posted: 10/30/2012 10:22:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ESP (my favorite/chosen brand over the past 10+ years)

I thought they were set-thru (glued in but with a longer tongue).  I may have to give them another look.  I like my Carvins, though.
Link Posted: 10/30/2012 10:23:30 AM EDT
[#16]
I saw the first reports just briefly on the local news when it happened. There was lots of wtf?

Now that I read the whole story, damn, it was wtf?
Link Posted: 10/30/2012 10:30:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I thought they were set-thru (glued in but with a longer tongue).  I may have to give them another look.  I like my Carvins, though.

Hmmm... could be man. I know that my PRS Custom 24s were that way (glued in). They were great axes as well. But I've had a love affair with my ESP Eclipses (LPs, but thinner and lighter) for about a decade now that shows no signs of ending. And this is from a guy who goes through at least two boutique tube amps a year. Will be trading my Engl Powerball II head for a PWE Event Horizon 3 next week in fact.

Link Posted: 10/30/2012 10:32:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmmm... could be man. I know that my PRS Custom 24s were that way (glued in). They were great axes as well. But I've had a love affair with my ESP Eclipses (LPs, but thinner and lighter) for about a decade now that shows no signs of ending. And this is from a guy who goes through at least two boutique tube amps a year. Will be trading my Engl Powerball II head for a PWE Event Horizon 3 next week in fact.

Looks like they do both.  I'm a fan.
Link Posted: 10/30/2012 11:33:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/30/2012 11:41:50 AM EDT
[#20]
If I were sitting in a huge mega-church, a guy runs into the place with a car, gets out and chases down the pastor with an electric guitar....

I have to say I'm not sure how I would react. Probably less shooty and more like

Link Posted: 10/30/2012 11:45:47 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

is it wrong that the first thing i thought of is that he was doing his wife?

could be a robbery but really who knows.

He's a violent nut. The family of the murderer said he was acting wacky shortly before the murder.  

You have to be really, really fucking wacky to beat someone to death with a guitar.

It's so far out there... WTF doesn't really cover it.  

I had to read it twice to make sure I understood it correctly, because my brain wasn't accepting that it was correct.

Link Posted: 10/30/2012 11:47:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Pastors of mega churches are notorious for being philanderers. Something tells me ole Mr. Birdow might have had sloppy seconds to the pastor when he should have been first in line. There is a woman involved in this story somewhere.
Link Posted: 10/30/2012 11:51:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/30/2012 11:51:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/30/2012 11:54:31 AM EDT
[#25]

Why is this being referred to as a megachurch?

This was not a large church.
Link Posted: 10/30/2012 1:18:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Despite the scourn that such mouse guns usually get around here... a well-placed .22LR round to this perps head would've ended things quickly.

I can't help but think that it would find it a little difficult to make a head shot with a pocket gun while beaing beaten to death with a guitar.

This seems to be one of those dudes who isn't dissuaded from his intended task by anything other than immediate death...
or perhaps enough damage to his cardiovascular system that the blood pooling in what's left of his lungs demands his attention.

Totally agree. Point blank head shot with the lowly .22 would be better than nothing. I know a guy whose dad was "assasinated" with a .22 short to the back of the head. Ran a coin shop. Perp had been casing the place. Walked up behind him and POW... DRT. So though I don't feel like starting a Road Warrior gun battle when I've only got the .22 on me, I know that in the right circumstances it'll get the job done better than a knife or a stick.
Link Posted: 10/30/2012 1:31:09 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can't help but think that it would find it a little difficult to make a head shot with a pocket gun while beaing beaten to death with a guitar.

This seems to be one of those dudes who isn't dissuaded from his intended task by anything other than immediate death...
or perhaps enough damage to his cardiovascular system that the blood pooling in what's left of his lungs demands his attention.

Totally agree. Point blank head shot with the lowly .22 would be better than nothing. I know a guy whose dad was "assasinated" with a .22 short to the back of the head. Ran a coin shop. Perp had been casing the place. Walked up behind him and POW... DRT. So though I don't feel like starting a Road Warrior gun battle when I've only got the .22 on me, I know that in the right circumstances it'll get the job done better than a knife or a stick.

Indeed.
Link Posted: 10/30/2012 6:21:47 PM EDT
[#28]
PCP?
Link Posted: 10/30/2012 6:35:00 PM EDT
[#29]

Sorry, this might not be sensitive but the first thing I though of was the Meatloaf song Wasted Youth intro.
Link Posted: 10/30/2012 6:36:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn x2!!

Oh hell, you guys beat me to it. Glad I wasn't the only one.

"it required the perfect combination of power chords and the precise angle from which to strike!"
Link Posted: 10/30/2012 6:36:46 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Sorry, this might not be sensitive but the first thing I though of was the Meatloaf song Wasted Youth intro.

Read farther up the page.
Link Posted: 10/30/2012 7:05:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/30/2012 7:11:41 PM EDT
[#33]

Somebody needs to go on a fucking diet.
Link Posted: 10/30/2012 7:13:38 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Everything's bigger in Texas. Including the WTF.

First response.  Not sure I ever heard a story quite like this.

The guy must have been whacked out on something.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top