Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/6/2002 4:39:40 PM EDT
damn that voice that plays when you load up the forums and you have an IM waiting freaked me out this morning. I clicked on check mail for my email client at the same time that i loaded the forums, and this never before heard "you've got mail" sound plays. I spent 15 minutes trying to figure out how in the hell my email client downloaded a new notification sound without me knowing about it
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 5:09:10 PM EDT
Approximately where in WI are you agtm?
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 5:14:24 PM EDT
that noise freaked me out 2. when i first came on after the upgrade i was hearing it every time i hit the back button. took me awhile to figure out what it was. the funny thing is the message was a couple months old and i didnt even know i had it. [:)]
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 7:24:14 PM EDT
milwaukee area
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 7:38:26 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 7:42:25 PM EDT
I like it, now that I know about it. I think instead of " you've got mail" he should set it up with the sounds of a burst of M16 fire.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 8:03:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/6/2002 8:07:22 PM EDT by FanoftheBlackRifle]
Originally Posted By agtm: I think instead of " you've got mail" he should set it up with the sounds of a burst of M16 fire.
View Quote
Seems to me that might end up sending some of the members diving for cover [peep] [:D] FOTBR edited to add: Of course, I wouldn't be one of them since everything I do is completely within the law and the gubmermint is my friend [;D]
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 9:23:23 PM EDT
Is it normal to have to hit "delete" in the IM window in order to see new messages? That's what I have to do.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 9:44:12 PM EDT
Originally Posted By durk: that noise freaked me out 2. when i first came on after the upgrade i was hearing it every time i hit the back button. took me awhile to figure out what it was. the funny thing is the message was a couple months old and i didnt even know i had it. [:)]
View Quote
Ditto!
Top Top