Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2002 5:25:01 AM EDT
I just saw a news report last night that a local man (Toledo, OH), who's 2 dozen guns were taken from him a while back, just got them back after being cleared of any charges.

THEN THEY TOOK THEM AGAIN!!! Citing an administrative mistake allowed the man to get HIS PROPERTY back.

Toledo Police claimed they were a danger to his neighbors, and that "there's no good reason to have that many guns."

I'm trying to find more info on this. It's not in any local print news that I can find. Coincidence?
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 6:02:55 AM EDT
[#1]
"there's no good reason to have that many guns."
View Quote

I was watching COPS one time and this female officer pulled a guy over as he was driving through a drug neighborhood. She told him that he had no business driving in that area. I just about blew up when I heard her say that!
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 6:20:43 AM EDT
[#2]
COPS - man that show sometimes pisses me off. I understand that officers/deputies have to deal with serious scum very often, but sometimes...

Anyway, we should erase that phrase from our history and lawbooks, you know, the one that goes "...presumed innocent until proven guilty...".
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 6:34:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 6:55:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I was just about to start a thread on the animal planet thugs.

How about them throwing a fit over the rodeo that was in NY, or when they were telling the horse driven cabs to get them off the streets beacuse of the temp and right behind them were horse mounted NYPD -wth?
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 7:23:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I watched ARMED ASPCA officers in NYC walking into peoples property with no search warrants removing their pets for suspicion of abuse. Granted in most cases they were dead on but since when can that be done without a warrant?

it's called exigent circumstances/emergency situations. on the lesser side of imediate action, it's like searching a car. an officer has to legally articulate why he/she escolated 'reasonable suspision'. if they can, then watch out! i believe you were referring to an episode where one animal was dead with one still alive in the garage, and they went in for it. good for them!

as far as i'm concerned, those ghetto turds that can't take care of a trusty friend to the point of starvation & infestation shouldn't have rights. those animals you choose to keep depend on you to live. it'd be like letting a buddy down. surely they keep their stolen guns in better shape than their pets.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 7:24:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 7:34:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 7:34:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 7:44:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
THEN THEY TOOK THEM AGAIN!!! Citing an administrative mistake allowed the man to get HIS PROPERTY back.

Toledo Police claimed they were a danger to his neighbors, and that "there's no good reason to have that many guns."
View Quote

[b]EVERYONE'S guns have already been banned, they're just taking their time rounding them up.[/b]

Eventually you'll break one of their Draconian laws and the Feds will knock on your door and cart off your guns because you got in a bar fight 20yrs ago or because you called a mugger a "ni@@er" once or because you got a DUI 20yrs ago or because you signed your "standard" divorce papers or because you punched a police dog or because "there's no good reason to have that many guns."

[b]Incremental gun confiscation is already underway.

House-by-house, slowly but surely, one gun-owner at at time.[/b]

Link Posted: 8/6/2002 8:01:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Ah yes, Toledo,Ohio.  Where the communist dixx licking axxhole mayor, Marty Finkbiener reigns supreme.  He is probably even more antigun than Schemer, Feinswine, or Chappaquiddick Kennedy.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 8:10:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Maybe the gun that the animal control officers carry is for protection from dangerous animals. Homies pitt bull don't know your there to help him. He just knows you not supposed to be messing around with his chain.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 8:31:49 AM EDT
[#12]
By the way, it was Carty Finkbiener (Carlton S.), but he's no longer the mayor. Now it's some guy named Jack Ford. No better IMHO.

One doesn't need a firearm to protect oneself from dangerous pets. If you're there to "rescue" the animal, why carry a weapon that could kill it? How about something none lethal?

Then again...what's the net difference if you pepper spray a dog in self defense, or if you do it out of spite? Hmmm....maybe it's your right as a human being to defend yourself.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 8:37:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Macallan:

You're absolutely right about confiscation. It's only a matter of time.

In Toledo we currently must get a Firearms Owner ID Card to legally own handguns. Soon it will encompass all guns. Then, we'll have to register them, then they will come take them away.

I personally don't want this damn ID card. Takes forever to get it too. But, what if I have to use the weapon to defend myself at home and during the investigation they want to see a card that I didn't get? I'd be screwed, no?

Time to move...again.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 8:45:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Can the highway mainteneance department come into your house if your driveway is in need of repair?

My animals are my property, I will do with them what I will.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 8:58:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Can the highway mainteneance department come into your house if your driveway is in need of repair?
View Quote
That depends. Are you in an HOA? [devil]
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 9:28:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This kind of abuse by government is getting WAY out of hand!
mike
View Quote

Those NYC ASPCA enforcement people are not employed by the government whatsoever. It's a private organization. So, it's not the government that's violating anyones rights when it comes to those morons.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 9:33:45 AM EDT
[#17]
helio: Amen brother. If I want to feed live mice to a snake, then I shall.

If people can justify that, then why sould I be charged with cruelty if I ate them?

I really dislike a double-standard.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 9:35:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Molon Labe
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 9:40:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Those NYC ASPCA enforcement people are not employed by the government whatsoever. It's a private organization. So, it's not the government that's violating anyones rights when it comes to those morons.
View Quote

So...

If they are a private group...

And thus aren't LEO's....

And are armed...

And come into your house....

It's okay to shoot them, right?
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 9:44:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Here's a current expose on the Humane Association farce right in my back yard.

[i]Dog-pound killings caught on tape
Shootings were secretly photographed
By Karen Gutierrez
The Cincinnati Enquirer

CAMPBELLSBURG, Ky. - The two men dressed in camouflage and smeared their faces with black paint. Then, for several weeks this summer, they crept up behind the Henry County dog pound, crouched in the weeds and trained their video camera on a shocking scene. One by one, stray dogs were shot in the head by the overseer of the pound. Many went limp immediately, but some did not. The overseer slung them into the front end of a backhoe, where they wiggled and twitched atop a pile of other freshly shot dogs. [/i]

[url]http://enquirer.com/editions/2002/08/06/loc_dog-pound_killings.html[/url]

Looks like they used those evil guns again to abuse animules.

When, oh when, will the hipocracy stop??

Molon Labe
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 9:47:24 AM EDT
[#21]
What if I had a pet chicken, but then decided to eat it?
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 9:55:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
So...

If they are a private group...

And thus aren't LEO's....

And are armed...

And come into your house....

It's okay to shoot them, right?
View Quote

You do as you see fit to do, if you think your life is in danger. I've never seen these dorks just walk into someone's house without permission. I see them convincing people to please let them in to take a look around. But, if it makes you happy, take a shot.. I suppose it would be the same as any other shooting you might be involved in, get a good lawyer.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 10:26:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Why don't the aspa people harras the gerble abusers?? Huh huh?
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 11:05:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
This kind of abuse by government is getting WAY out of hand!
mike
View Quote

View Quote

Sounds like HomeInvaders to me.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 11:06:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What if I had a pet chicken, but then decided to eat it?
View Quote

ya live on a farm? tellem to prove the one you ate was the pet from the 50 others out in the hen houses. ;)
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 11:08:39 AM EDT
[#26]
If they took my dog and did surgery on it and didn't give it back but gave me the bill.. lol I'm not sure of what I might say if they were in front of my face.. or do..
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 11:30:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If they took my dog and did surgery on it and didn't give it back but gave me the bill.. lol I'm not sure of what I might say if they were in front of my face.. or do..
View Quote

That is probably going to start happening in The PRK if they pass the bill that requires the change in the term "pet owner" to "guardian". It won't be long before pets will be on life support and require a court order to pull the plug.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 2:19:32 PM EDT
[#28]
I guess the only good that can come out of it is that if an adult dog attacks you, you could charge the dog with assault instead of holding the owner liable....oh, wait!

Pet are people too [:)]

Meat eating lib
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 2:29:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
They arrested an 80yr old man for shooting squirls with a bb gun. They also urged the PD to press weapons charges against him for using a DEADLY weapon in a residential neighborhood.
View Quote

But it was in NEW YORK CITY where, like Chicago and Washington DC anything that looks like a gun is banned. That's why those three cities are so very very safe. California is attempting to do this state wide.
View Quote

That's news to me, What, specifically, are you referring to?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top