Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/5/2002 4:53:26 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 4:54:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 5:01:43 PM EDT
They could have returned fire by throwing some of Lady_Glocks confiscated key chains!!![50]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 5:03:05 PM EDT
Des Moines airport also had no ammo. They did on the military portion, but not in the civilian section.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 5:05:28 PM EDT
Someone here has a sig line (sorry, don't remember who) that goes something like "Yes officer it's loaded, it wouldn't be much use as a throwing weapon". Something like that. Well maybe they DO make good throwing weapons after all!
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 5:58:31 PM EDT
Well heres two points to consider, IMHO why National Guardsmen didn't carry live ammo in their service weapon. #1 As uneasy as it may seam. MOST NG servicemen are not that well trained in combat arms and the stresses that come with fight or flight situations. Sorry #2 Consider this. Haji sneaks up behind NG Serviceman, cuts his throat and comondeers his M-16, Buretta 92 and now has the means to comadeer an aircraft/kill passengers(More than likely terrorist will not check the magazine or check the body for more). Sad but true but I believe no state govenor wants the responsability of troops anywhere in his/her state carrying loaded weapons too much room for error, let the LEO's do what they have too (Different jurisdiction) Am I making sense????
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 6:02:11 PM EDT
Yes, but they're very scary. Isn't that enough?
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 6:02:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 6:09:44 PM EDT
I told you all months ago that the NG troops at Philly International carried their single loaded mag outside of the gun. No one believed me.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 6:21:01 PM EDT
A fellow worker was in NG at local airport, They also had no rounds in Their's. And the (Single)Mags that They were issued only had 5 rounds. Pitiful! Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 6:31:44 PM EDT
I bet the states that would not admit if the NG's were carry loaded or unloaded were w/o bullets in the rifle or pistol. Typical of goverment, all show, no go.
Top Top