Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2002 7:17:44 PM EDT
[url]http://www.theolympian.com/home/news/20020803/northwest/25422.shtml[/url]

[beer] for this guy

Winter told The Wenatchee World in a July 23 interview that he broke into the courthouse and doused hundreds of court files with gasoline.

But Winter, who lost his land near Cameron Lake to back taxes in January, denied he planned to ignite the documents. He said he wanted to send a message to county officials, who he believes are corrupt.

"My defense is going to be that I was exercising my Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms, which means I can do what I have to get corrupt people out of government," Winter told the newspaper.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/4/2002 7:25:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 7:28:13 PM EDT
[#2]
call it what you will, they took his land, and he was doing what he could to fight back
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 7:56:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I fail to see how this could be called terrorism.  Speaks poorly of the prosecutor's office if you ask me.
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 7:59:03 PM EDT
[#4]
everything is terrorism now, you see, it's part of the "war on terrorism"

kind of like the war in 1984

Link Posted: 8/4/2002 8:00:53 PM EDT
[#5]

[b]My defense is going to be that I was exercising my Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms, which means I can do what I have to get corrupt people out of government," Winter told the newspaper.

Winter moved to Washington from Nevada in 1999.

Winter has been charged with attempted malicious explosion, first-degree burglary and first-degree malicious mischief, which carry a maximum penalty of life in prison and a $50,000 fine.

Superior Court Judge Pro Tem Chris Culp said he was entering an innocent plea on behalf of Winter to preserve his rights under the U.S. and state constitutions.

"I protest your entering a plea for me," said Winter, who represented himself. "I just want that on the record."

Winter remained shackled around his waist and feet, and handcuffed throughout the hearing.

He claimed criminal charges against him should be "discharged" because Superior Court Judge Jack Burchard did not state the jurisdiction and venue of the court in a preliminary hearing last week.[/b]

Either they didnt report everything or this guys is nuts.  How is arson protected under the 2nd.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top