Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2002 9:20:01 PM EDT
Now I know this is probably going to get me in all kinds of shit, but

Who thinks that Those person who are from the Middle East, mainly Afghansitan, Pakistan or other "high risk" terrorist type persons that are in our country should be put into internment camps until the war is over?

Before everyone gets all uppity at me, I will explain my reasoning.  My Father's Parents MET in an internment camp during WWII.  The were both German and there was th eowrry that they and other Germans might be Saboteurs. This kind of annoys me, but I can understand why it was done.

So, what does everyone think?

(If I could make this a poll I would, but I do not know how)

[peep]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 9:53:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I didn't know that any germans were held during WWII.  Do you have more info (locations, how many, etc.) or know where I could get it?  I have heard people say that japanese were singled out because they look different but that nothing happened to germans.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 9:58:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Honeslty, I do not know exactly where they were held. But it was in BeaverLand so...  Might not have happened here, I know it happened to the Japanese as well up there. They lost everything. If I can find any info about it happening in the US I will be sure to post it. I was just curious as to what people thought about it...
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 10:10:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe that ALL "non-US citizen Islamics" should either be deported or quartered at internment camps. The ones on illegal/expired  visas should be put in internment camps.

All of the rest should be watched.

All of the mosques should be bugged.

Islam is not a peacefull religion. The Muslims that say it is are lazy and ignorant (thank God).
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 10:15:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I think these are one of those things, where in a micro sense, is a good idea. However you'd be opening things up by setting such a precedent... one day it will be you an me in the interment camp.

You know, some of those gun lovers must have a violent streak, let's cage 'em all up and sort them out.

You know, Mexicans are always making trouble in this here neighbourhood. Let's round 'em up.

You know, we don't want to lose our bretheren to more of these Heavens Gate kind of cults. Let's set up a list of acceptable religions, and round up all those not on that list or deviate from a Official religion.

You know, it can be statistically shown that postal workers (or whatever) are more likely to come to work and shoot up their officemates, let's not allow any of them to own firearms.

This scares me.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 10:53:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I am in agreement with you. I just feel that we should NOT give Constitutional rights to people who are in this country illegally.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top