Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/1/2002 8:05:43 PM EDT
I bought a used car last year and after owning for about month I realized that it reaked of smoke smell. Obviously the previous owner smoked in it. I was wondering what the best way to get rid of the stench is. I am tired of trying to mask it with air fresheners.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 8:06:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 8:21:02 PM EDT
Try fabreeze. If that doesn't work, check with an auto detailer - they should have something they use to get smells out of cars (although if it's too bad the solution will be to replace all the seats and fabric...)
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 8:25:56 PM EDT
[img]http://www.f4rt.com/graphics/fart3.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 8:29:57 PM EDT
I once read that if you took a hair dryer to the upholstrey, the heat will nuetralize the smoke smell. Beats me if it actually works but its worth a try. Keving67
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 8:33:34 PM EDT
I doubt the hairdryer works. In arizona, the car gets to be 160 degrees and only makes it worse.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 8:34:13 PM EDT
Throw a bar of Dial or Irish Spring under the front seat.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 8:37:43 PM EDT
Something I heard recently, on some radio, home improvement talk show was an, Ozone Generator. To rid houses/rooms of odors. You have to seal off the area, and of course not enter while during the process, and of course air completely afterwards (shouldn't be a big deal, since it's a car). It was stated that these could be rented at place's like Lowe's or Home Depot
Top Top